Player Discussion Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I just gotta say, I don't like that he's on the team. Maybe people will say I'm ignorant, but I really just don't care for people with his background. Canadians? Who needs 'em.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If he gets McDavid/Eichel as a center, could he be a 60-70 point powerforward?

If we get McEichel, I actually like the idea of Kane on the other top line. Spread the guys with gamebreaking skating out. Kane-Reinhart-X (maybe Fasching down the line), a heavy, defensively-responsible line that can forecheck and score. Hell, next season, if Reinhart breaks in at wing: Kane-Girgensons-Reinhart is a possibility. Tell me that line's fun to play against.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
If we get McEichel, I actually like the idea of Kane on the other top line. Spread the guys with gamebreaking skating out. Kane-Reinhart-X (maybe Fasching down the line), a heavy, defensively-responsible line that can forecheck and score. Hell, next season, if Reinhart breaks in at wing: Kane-Girgensons-Reinhart is a possibility. Tell me that line's fun to play against.

Id like to see him with Reinhart as well, play-making center + shoot first power winger = profit

only difference being I'd like to see Moulson with him and Girgensons playing with McEichel

ZeroPT*

Kane and Reinhart will make sweet music together. down the road...

Moulson-McEichel-Ennis
Kane-Reinhart-XXXX
XXXX-Girgensons-Fasching

The two voids can be filled by Grigorenko,Foligno, other prospects or even someone not in the organization yet. I think ultimately we swing a deal for another scoring winger to replace Moulson and fill in the other spots as we go.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Does anyone know who he played with in 2011-12 when he had 57 pts?

Wheeler, Ladd, Little?

That season Kane played mostly with Nik Antropov and Kyle Wellwood. Welly would take draws then switch to RW while the play was going down.

Kane has always done well with players who can hang onto the puck.

Edit: he also didn't see much powerplay time at all. Next to none. Has always been a shaky player on the PP, something that i think he'll shake off with a bigger roll on a team. He wants to be a #1 LW, never could unseed Laddy

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I would agree. Give them Moulson too. He gets protected by Kane and Reinhart defensively, gives Reinhart another scorer to pass to.

McEichel gets Girgs and Ennis for now and Fasching later unless we find someone better.

Balance, forechecking monsters on both lines offensive skill on both wings and bosses down the middle.

Come next year! Right now!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Kane-Girgensons-Reinhart together for the next forever please and thank you. Down the line some day McEichel can be the top line, and then Grigoenko can center the third line. Yum.

Bps21*

So he had a broken bone in his foot, his hand, a shoulder that was coming out while playing and when they did surgery they found an extra hole in his shoulder?

I just wish he wasn't a quitter.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I imagine he can look a lot like Max Domi did at the WJCs with Reinhart. Use that straight line speed and power down the wing while Reinhart feeds him. Could be a deadly combo.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Will they make jerseys now with his injury for the rest of the season ?

Does he get #9 or do they save that for Eichel ?

Now this is the kind of problem I like the Sabres to have! Guess we'll have to get McDavid to avoid the whole issue....

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If the Sabres land McDavid or Eichel, Kane is a LOCK to play with them on the top line. Murray disclosed that right off the bat and Kane echoed it as well, when he mentioned how he was looking forward to the opportunity. They acquired Kane to help him hit his max potential as a top-line, 35-40 goal scorer - not to play on the 2nd scoring line.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Will they make jerseys now with his injury for the rest of the season ?

Does he get #9 or do they save that for Eichel ?

Kane will probably take #9. But, over in Europe during the lockout, he wore #98 and it looked awesome. Could you imagine the Sabres landing McDavid and him and Kane wearing #97 and #98 on the same line? That would be slick.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Kane will probably take #9. But, over in Europe during the lockout, he wore #98 and it looked awesome. Could you imagine the Sabres landing McDavid and him and Kane wearing #97 and #98 on the same line? That would be slick.

The nasty/naughty nines. I like it

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Looking forward to watching excelling talent. You cannot hate the fact that he's a gunner, and he's only going to be 23/24. He's always been one of my favorite players. So I'm embracing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->