Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The more we lose the less likely Kane comes here.

If Kane was ever truly favored for coming here I think that is gone.

Oilers are losing at a historical level.

On top of that Holland is on thin ice as is Tippett as is maybe Bob Nicholson. Kane has spoken with Bob, Holland, and Tippett and is basing his decision somewhat on terms with those people.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
If Kane signs I doubt I'll be following the team.

I'll probably still post here but meh, It would feel like buying tickets to a Bill Cosby comedy show.

With all this losing you are actually actively watching the games/supporting the team?

Signing Kane is so far down the list of atrocities by the club this year it doesn't even Crack the top 10.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If Kane signs I doubt I'll be following the team.

I'll probably still post here but meh, It would feel like buying tickets to a Bill Cosby comedy show.

It's time we start going after the best players and stop judging players based on a few tidbits by the media.

Evander Kane has full custody of his daughter. In California which heavily favors the mother. A judge who cares nothing about hockey examined the evidence and decided he's the best person to care for his daughter.

Take what you hear with a grain of salt.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
It's time we start going after the best players and stop judging players based on a few tidbits by the media.

Evander Kane has full custody of his daughter. In California which heavily favors the mother. A judge who cares nothing about hockey examined the evidence and decided he's the best person to care for his daughter.

Take what you hear with a grain of salt.

Fair enough

Maybe we should be worried about what San Jose thinks of him then.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Fair enough

Maybe we should be worried about what San Jose thinks of him then.

Why? You know there are players hated in 31 dressing rooms? Sam Gagner had his face smashed open by Zack Kassian when he was a Canuck. He came to the bench and made fun of him. Now the narrative has shifted to how hes a wonderful person who has turned his life around from all the drugs and alcohol.

His past of being a douche and substance abuse is irrelevant to me if he is a good hockey player. I think we should get rid of him because of his poor hockey skills and awful cap hit. His past substance abuse issues and how he treated other players is irrelevant.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
The way this team is imploding he’d be nuts to come here and we’d be nuts to sign him.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Why? You know there are players hated in 31 dressing rooms? Sam Gagner had his face smashed open by Zack Kassian when he was a Canuck. He came to the bench and made fun of him. Now the narrative has shifted to how hes a wonderful person who has turned his life around from all the drugs and alcohol.

His past of being a douche and substance abuse is irrelevant to me if he is a good hockey player. I think we should get rid of him because of his poor hockey skills and awful cap hit. His past substance abuse issues and how he treated other players is irrelevant.

So San Jose wants f*** all to do with him but we should grab him because the Oilers aways know exactly what players are gonna make us great?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So San Jose wants f*** all to do with him but we should grab him because the Oilers aways know exactly what players are gonna make us great?

As if San Jose knows proper player valuation. If they could manufacture something to get out of Karlson’s contract as wel

Reactions: walktheboulavard

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

Vancouver and Montreal wanted f*** all to do with Zack Kassian. I would say he was a great pickup for Ben Scrivens the original Mikko who couldnt stop a beach ball. One of the few clear trade wins in the Mcdavid era for a guy who wore out his welcome very quickly in Buffalo, Vancouver and Montreal. Sounds a lot like Kane, huh?

The issue with Kassian isnt that he was "hated" at his last 3 teams its the awful extension that idiot Holland gave someone who is a bottom 6 player.

My only concern with Kane is if nets 20 goals Holland will figure out a way to pay him 8X8 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad