Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
San Jose knows player valuation but Florida, Carolina and Capitals don't. Get it together hawk

Yeah its funny I mean whats going to be the explanation if Kane goes to Florida or something? It was reported that Tampa was highly getting ready to make a play for Kane but decided against it last second. I dont blame them...they won two cups in a row and will compete for a third. Why risk upsetting anything that IS working.

Why are Washington, Florida and Carolina so okay looking at this? For the first time in a long time it appears Edmonton is actually doing something smart from a hockey sense.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Yeah its funny I mean whats going to be the explanation if Kane goes to Florida or something? It was reported that Tampa was highly getting ready to make a play for Kane but decided against it last second. I dont blame them...they won two cups in a row and will compete for a third. Why risk upsetting anything that IS working.

Why are Washington, Florida and Carolina so okay looking at this? For the first time in a long time it appears Edmonton is actually doing something smart from a hockey sense.

People don't understand how badly McDavid and Drai want this too. Guaranteed he wouldn't have even looked this way if it wasn't for one of those guys reaching out. Connor took heat dismissing sensitive topic in today's climate because he wants Kane on his line so bad.

Where are u gonna find an elite top line forward, that hits, fights at an elite level and scores at an elite level. It would be the best player Connors played with since Drasaitl. You would have to be bonkers to think you're organization is too good for a unique player like that.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
People don't understand how badly McDavid and Drai want this too. Guaranteed he wouldn't have even looked this way if it wasn't for one of those guys reaching out. Connor took heat dismissing sensitive topic in today's climate because he wants Kane on his line so bad.

Where are u gonna find an elite top line forward, that hits, fights at an elite level and scores at an elite level. It would be the best player Connors played with since Drasaitl. You would have to be bonkers to think you're organization is too good for a unique player like that.

I guess a lot of good organizations are bonkers then

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Still opposed.. I post this occasionally just to make sure that when it totally backfires that I'm not told it's 'revisionist history.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

Mcdavid actually wants to play with a good player and not judge him? No no no he needs to only play with Zach Kassian tier players. Only Zach Kassian deserves a bunch of chances to better himself.

The amount of hoops this organization will jump through to disqualify good players and retain bad players.

There are posters here who still want Sam gagner back because "he's a good guy in the community and locker room".

You have no idea what he does in his private life and have never been in an NHL locker room.

Last edited:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Still opposed.. I post this occasionally just to make sure that when it totally backfires that I'm not told it's 'revisionist history.

That's fair and it very well could backfire. For me a few month contract on a team like Edmonton has little risk. Low risk if it doesn't pan out. This isn't James Neal or Milan Lucic where for the next 5 years we worry about why why why.

The risk for me comes from these long deals like Kassian, koskinen, turris etc. We're married to these guys. No one wants them with their term.

I'm much more worried about Holland's desperation attempt to save the goaltending in the middle of the season. What's he going to give up and for how long will he the term?

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
So because Dreger said it, its true?

Makes sense for him to go to a team that wont make the playoffs instead of Colorado or Florida etc.

You wanna cheer for a guy that smacks woman around, knock yourself out

You can keep telling yourself you know more than the judges that gave Kane 100% custody of his daughter. Doesn't mean you do no matter how much you insist her Instagram posts are true.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
You can keep telling yourself you know more than the judges that gave Kane 100% custody of his daughter. Doesn't mean you do no matter how much you insist her Instagram posts are true.
Sorry, I have not seen her instagram posts.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
So because Dreger said it, its true?

Makes sense for him to go to a team that wont make the playoffs instead of Colorado or Florida etc.

You wanna cheer for a guy that smacks woman around, knock yourself out

giphy (3).gif

Reactions: oilers'72

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That's fair and it very well could backfire. For me a few month contract on a team like Edmonton has little risk. Low risk if it doesn't pan out. This isn't James Neal or Milan Lucic where for the next 5 years we worry about why why why.

The risk for me comes from these long deals like Kassian, koskinen, turris etc. We're married to these guys. No one wants them with their term.

I'm much more worried about Holland's desperation attempt to save the goaltending in the middle of the season. What's he going to give up and for how long will he the term?
I don't exactly think hockey players are perfect citizens. Hell, a Czech boy was making monkey motions at the same guy Manning called a slur last year. I've never liked any Oiler signing where the main reason is 'good in the room' because they almost always suck.

Having said that... Do you think Kenny would just sign him to a reasonable low contract till the end of the season?

Does he do that? I think he'd outbid himself, give him a 2 year contract and the second Kane scores a goal he'd extend it.

But yes.. if we sign him for a mill till the end of the season... and then let him go. Good hockey move (not a human one though).

I do not believe Holland is capable of that.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I don't exactly think hockey players are perfect citizens. Hell, a Czech boy was making monkey motions at the same guy Manning called a slur last year. I've never liked any Oiler signing where the main reason is 'good in the room' because they almost always suck.

Having said that... Do you think Kenny would just sign him to a reasonable low contract till the end of the season?

Does he do that? I think he'd outbid himself, give him a 2 year contract and the second Kane scores a goal he'd extend it.

But yes.. if we sign him for a mill till the end of the season... and then let him go. Good hockey move (not a human one though).

I do not believe Holland is capable of that.

LOL you got me there. Kenny is awful at contracts. Luckily we have no money so the contract is going to have to be small.

I think a 4 month wait and see is great risk to take this year.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
LOL you got me there. Kenny is awful at contracts. Luckily we have no money so the contract is going to have to be small.

I think a 4 month wait and see is great risk to take this year.
I just remmeber when the Keith rumours started and I was thinking 'he might be good retained'.. curious what Chicago takes as a cap dump from us?

You know how that ended.lol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Then I have no idea where youre getting your information. I think the judge and the NHL who have investigated are privy to more information than you.
Hey, everyone has the right to do their own research before making a decision on Kane!

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Then I have no idea where youre getting your information. I think the judge and the NHL who have investigated are privy to more information than you.

Because if you’ve looking for hard-hitting facts, the first place to check for information is usually personal Instagram accounts?
That doesn’t even make sense.

Reactions: oilers'72

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
How to solve the goalie situation... welll.. Holland says answer is in the room - it is, he is a goalie himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad