Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So 1-2 weeks and they hope to have to him back after 4? Man this is crazy.
Training camp is when we'll see him again.

Don't worry though, the media will highlight how hard he worked in the offseason and there will be a 'stayed in Edmonton' theme because the guys that stay in Edmonton and workout are fitter than the guys that do it in Toronto or Europe.lol

Reactions: Porkleaker

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I think they just have to move forward assuming Smith isn’t coming back. As much as people want to pile on Koskinen, and I get it, I wish he was playing better, but its more the bet on Smith that hasn’t paid off this year. Unfortunately at his age, thats the risk. Obviously it was a mistake that Holland moved forward with both of these guys. But the problem is that it seems like they keep doubling down assuming that Smith will save them, instead of actually doing something about it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think they just have to move forward assuming Smith isn’t coming back. As much as people want to pile on Koskinen, and I get it, I wish he was playing better, but its more the bet on Smith that hasn’t paid off this year. Unfortunately at his age, thats the risk. Obviously it was a mistake that Holland moved forward with both of these guys. But the problem is that it seems like they keep doubling down assuming that Smith will save them, instead of actually doing something about it.
Holland is still banking on Smith being the goalie we need for the season

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's frustrating for sure.. you also know the second Smith is back that Tipp will play him constantly till he is hurt again. The loop is brutal

Smith is back
Play him
Smith stinks but he needs more time cause he was hurt
play him again
Smith stink but he needs more time, hard to come back from injury
play him again
Smith is out with a new 'day to day' injury

REPEAT

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So 1-2 weeks and they hope to have to him back after 4? Man this is crazy.

When I heard the injury I said that there was no way in hell that he'd be back that quickly especially if it's his thumb on his glove hand. I figured that by year 2 of his deal he could be the back up here, at this rate I don't think that we can count on him at all sadly.

Reactions: TB12 and Czechboy

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I don't get how and why the Caps are interested in Kane. They have no cap space
If they can sign him to a cheap contract all they have to do is assign another player to the minors and they’re fine.

A quick look at Cap Friendly shows they have 2M in space and 3 players that can be sent down without waivers.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Kane needs to get to the playoffs to earn his next deal. The Caps are a way better bet for him to do that.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Signing Smith would have been a great move if he were the alternate starter to a guy like Kuemper or Markstrom. Split the net, but if something goes wrong the other guy can take the reins

The plan this season wasnt a plan. Koskinen can give good goaltending but only when he's in the shadow of a starter. So it all hinged on Smith staying healthy. So it was like a dice roll and needing to roll a 6.

I thought the plan was to play Smith as much as Koskinen just much or a bit more (edit: more Koskinen I mean). That might improve the odds. But no, as soon as Smith got hot it preseason it was all about riding him into the ground

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Adding Kane and Holloway would add a lot of speed and grit to the LW and allow for a pretty deep top 9.

Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Holloway-McLeod-Yamamoto
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian

That actually looks like a NHL forward group.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Adding Kane and Holloway would add a lot of speed and grit to the LW and allow for a pretty deep top 9.

Kane-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Holloway-McLeod-Yamamoto
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian

That actually looks like a NHL forward group.
RNH on the third line.

Kane - McDavid - McLeod
Holloway - Drai - Pulju
Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Perlini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad