Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Smart move by Kane, play wing with Mcdavid and Drai to boost his stats and get another pay day next offseason. Absolute dumb move by Holland as this teams leadership can’t handle themselves let alone the NHLs premier diva in Antonio Brown 2.0.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Smart move by Kane, play wing with Mcdavid and Drai to boost his stats and get another pay day next offseason. Absolute dumb move by Holland as this teams leadership can’t handle themselves let alone the NHLs premier diva in Antonio Brown 2.0.

I dunno, I think these guys could use some storming before norming… let’s just make it quick!

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
giphy.gif

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Good signing if true. I don’t understand how people see it as a major risk? On a one year contract for less than 2M there is none. Are we worried he’s going to turn McDavid into a problem gambler? The team has already hit rock bottom this year. Even if Kane is a shitty teammate is he really going to destroy a full locker room? I don’t buy it. In San Jose on a long term contract I get it. This situation seems like a no brainer to me.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Good signing if true. I don’t understand how people see it as a major risk? On a one year contract for less than 2M there is none. Are we worried he’s going to turn McDavid into a problem gambler? The team has already hit rock bottom this year. Even if Kane is a shitty teammate is he really going to destroy a full locker room? I don’t buy it. In San Jose on a long term contract I get it. This situation seems like a no brainer to me.
Me and others find it hard to actively cheer and support a person like Evander Kane. No one is doubting his on ice ability but cheering and celebrating a person like that is troubling to some.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Take it from a Jets fan he was an utter Asshat here. Went to Buffalo and San Jose and got even worse. His attitude stinks and he can and will upset the balance in the locker room. Just my 2 cents.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
One thing that will be a cause for concern are his PIM’s

we already have resident dumbo Kassian who take stupid penalties and add in this guy, it’ll go up for sure

Edit: also how is McDavid of all people second highest in PIM this season out of all people. That’s insane

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He better beat the f*** out of all the people Kassian should have been beating up. Then, I will be okay for the remaining few months of the season. There is no way this guy re-sign here anyhow, for those that want him so bad. He seems like a guy that is craving some bigger lights, like L.A. or New York, not a relative small hicktown like ours. He's here to build up his career and then go for a last big contract, somewhere else.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd be excited if we signed him as far as on ice performance. In terms of off ice I would be terrified.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If he is joining the Oilers, it's to rehab his image.

Get a lot of points

Succeed under a magnifying glass.

Play by the rules in a place with stricter covid rules

People talk like the perfect place for him must be Vegas because he's a gambler. Or he just needs to be in a party town because he's all about partying. Or he needs to be in southern US because he is an anti vaxxer of course.

Or maybe he doesnt want to be any of those things anymore

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
If he is joining the Oilers, it's to rehab his image.

Get a lot of points

Succeed under a magnifying glass.

Play by the rules in a place with stricter covid rules

People talk like the perfect place for him must be Vegas because he's a gambler. Or he just needs to be in a party town because he's all about partying. Or he needs to be in southern US because he is an anti vaxxer of course.

Or maybe he doesnt want to be any of those things anymore
Lol

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

we already have resident dumbo Kassian who take stupid penalties and add in this guy, it’ll go up for sure

Edit: also how is McDavid of all people second highest in PIM this season out of all people. That’s insane

The Oilers top six tends to play like they're carrying precious heirloom dishes in their pants. You know a team has a grit and toughness problem when Mcdavid is the only player in the top 6(and probably top 9) who goes off the rails every now and then.

Kane has his issues, but his aggression type penalties are more a positive than a negative.

Reactions: nally and capazzo

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Nice! Kane is a force out there when he's on. Not sure on lines with him, but I'd like to see him with Nuge. He plays a lot like Hall used to, can really drive a line which Nuge obviously needs. Obviously wait and see, but I don't think he'd be too great with McD. Probably play well with Drai as everyone seems to.

I'd like to see this for the top 9.

Hyman-McD-Pulju
Foegele-Drai-Yamamoto
Kane-Nuge-Kassian

Reactions: nally

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nice! Kane is a force out there when he's on. Not sure on lines with him, but I'd like to see him with Nuge. He plays a lot like Hall used to, can really drive a line which Nuge obviously needs. Obviously wait and see, but I don't think he'd be too great with McD. Probably play well with Drai as everyone seems to.

I'd like to see this for the top 9.

Hyman-McD-Pulju
Foegele-Drai-Yamamoto
Kane-Nuge-Kassian

If Kane is signing here, he's been told he will play with McDavid or Draisaitl, lets be serious.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

McDavid having second highest PIM's shows how behind the other major leagues the NHL really is. However I think with Kane it probably has something to do with him fighting a lot, which are pims I don't mind as much since it usually doesn't lead to you're team being short handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad