Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
There is a difference between not throwing guys under the bus and actively going out of your way to express how much he believes in them. If all he said was “I trust our goalies to bounce back” or “I don’t believe in firing coaches”. That’s one thing. But he talked in length in exactly how and why they are safe and not a problem

Meh. It’s much ado about nothing.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
both guys could probably scrap him in practice or give him an earful if he doesn't act like a teammate.

Kane is going to be here for 4-5 months. He'll be on his best behaviour if he wants to play in the NHL next season.
If he didn't make good first impressions he wouldn't have gotten a 7-year extension in San Jose

North

Jun 25, 2009
both guys could probably scrap him in practice or give him an earful if he doesn't act like a teammate.

One of the reasons his teammates had enough of him in San Jose is that the coaches let him get away with being late etc. He was having a good year so they let him do what he wanted.

If we sign him he’s not going to be better than Connor or Drai. He’s not going to get away with that nonsense here.

I also think to prove he can keep it together he’s going to be on his best behaviour.

That being said, I still don’t want him.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
Lovely. Let's sign Evander Kane. And whilst we're at it, we might as well get Voynov on board and trade for DeAngelo to shore up the blue line. We'd be a better team instantly, no?

I think I'd rather miss the playoffs.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Speaks volumes that Evander was granted full custody of their daughter.

Not saying she's lying about this, but she hasn't been able to substantiate any of her other allegations to this point. And they've been big ones.

Last edited:

Chef de Cuisine

Mar 15, 2015
Why did the Shark’s players want Kane off the team? Was there more going on internally on top of the crapshow off the ice?

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Yeah, and that certainly ended well.

I like the Oilers this year (unlike, seemingly, everyone on here), but by God if they sign Evander Kane, I might renounce my fandom... Surely, even the org aren't that stupid???
Nothing surprises me anymore...

Hey, Cale Makar is pretty fun to watch though, right?

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
We are desperate and if anything it introduces a new stimulus to a team that needs <insert something>.

Edmonton is actually a good place to focus on just playing hockey even tho it can be an intensive fishbowl for some players it has conversely proved to be void of personal distractions for others.

Also for me the Oilers lack grit. Too many good-guys. Even #44 seems to be some reformed nuisance now.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Not saying she's lying about this, but she hasn't been able to substantiate any of her other allegations to this point. And they've been big ones.
Money talks. Pretty hard to prove this stuff.
So he is bringing up a child? Hope the nanny has better character than him.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

If any of that is true, they should kick him out immideatly. Its very very bad accustions. And I dont belivie in court the truth will not always win there.
That Evander got custody, no one knows if thats a fair thing or not.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Money talks. Pretty hard to prove this stuff.
So he is bringing up a child? Hope the nanny has better character than him.

Its very groose if money could talk. It means you are free to rape if you got money. Got to say, american justice is at a very very poor state.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I’d look at running 3 lines;

Kane - McDavid - Pulju
Foegele - Draisaitl - Hyman
McLeod - RNH - Yamamoto

Thats what we want, I would guess Tippet loads up top 6, and dump on the 3rd, giving it a shit consideration, and no identity. Like he always do.

Drai McDavid Kane
Hyman Nuge Yam (cant resist Yammer on 2nd)
Fogele MacLeod Pulju
Turris Ryan Kassian

Thats my gut

Reactions: nally

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Zack Kassian, Louie debrusk, Grant Fuhr, Craig MacTavish, Jarrett Stoll, Raffi torres, Mark Messier, Glenn Anderson, Kevin Lowe, Taylor Hall (stay angry it's true) off the top of my head.

This needs to be about winning not an arbitrary line made up.

This . Holland job as a GM is to put the best team he can on the ice . Holland doesn't need to be the moral judge leave that in gods hands

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If he is joining the Oilers, it's to rehab his image.

Get a lot of points

Succeed under a magnifying glass.

Play by the rules in a place with stricter covid rules

People talk like the perfect place for him must be Vegas because he's a gambler. Or he just needs to be in a party town because he's all about partying. Or he needs to be in southern US because he is an anti vaxxer of course.

Or maybe he doesnt want to be any of those things anymore

He had PLENTY of time in his past to decide he wasn't any of those things anymore. This isn't some 23 year old who just got his first large contract which caused his life to go sideways. He has been this person for 10 years now. This is who he is. I believe in redemption, even for those who have fallen very far, so I'm willing to give him his chance, but lets not pretend this is just his second chance or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad