Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid having second highest PIM's shows how behind the other major leagues the NHL really is. However I think with Kane it probably has something to do with him fighting a lot, which are pims I don't mind as much since it usually doesn't lead to you're team being short handed.
Kane has 20 NHL fights in the regular season so 100 minutes in fighting majors which gives him 888 non fighting penalty minutes in 769 games. So he spends just over a minute a game in the penalty fix for non fighting reasons.

Evander Kane Penalties Stats NHL Stats | FOX Sports

Reactions: nally

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I think I’m happy if this is true? I don’t know.
larry-david-unsure.gif

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
If its half the season, Its fine. Not going to be upset over what? 48 games + post-season.
That and the guy knows if he f's up he's super done.

I'd try Hyman to his Right side.

Go something like ....

Kane, McDavid, Hyman
Nuge, Drai, Pulju
Benson, McLeod, Yamo
Foegele, Shore, Kassian

Ryan, Sceviour

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If its half the season, Its fine. Not going to be upset over what? 48 games + post-season.
That and the guy knows if he f's up he's super done.

I'd personally move Hyman to his Right side.

Go something like ....

Kane, McDavid, Hyman
Nuge, Drai, Pulju
Benson, McLeod, Yamo
Foegele, Shore, Kassian

Ryan, Sceviour
Sceviour should be in the lineup over Shore, and its not that close.

Shore sucks at hockey.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Kane has 20 NHL fights in the regular season so 100 minutes in fighting majors which gives him 888 non fighting penalty minutes in 769 games. So he spends just over a minute a game in the penalty fix for non fighting reasons.

Evander Kane Penalties Stats NHL Stats | FOX Sports

I'll take that given the production he provides. Bro clearly you have an agenda, you're not convincing anyone that Kane is a liability on the ice. Better to go back to him getting his side girl pregnant or some other nonsense.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That's basically it

And now whatever assets we were going to trade can go to LHD, 3C, and/or G
Holland straight up said he isn’t trading assets for help this year. He said no to moving the first and that he isn’t moving prospects. We ain’t getting a 3c or goalie this year. He made it very clear he wants to roll with the 2 goalies we have and keep Skinner in the AHL

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
If Kane is signing here, he's been told he will play with McDavid or Draisaitl, lets be serious.
Ok, and if he doesn't fit as well there, and we do shuffle him around, whats he gonna do? Quit? The guy is broke lmao. The best thing he could do for his reputation and bank account is come here, play as well as he can and be the best teammate he can be.

You don't make lines based on what 2022 Evander Kane wants. That said, I see what your saying and agree it was probably part of the pitch, but once that ink dries he is a part of the team. And you do whats best for the team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'll take that given the production he provides. Bro clearly you have an agenda, you're not convincing anyone that Kane is a liability on the ice. Better to go back to him getting his side girl pregnant or some other nonsense.
You were curious, I provided the answers.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
One thing that will be a cause for concern are his PIM’s

we already have resident dumbo Kassian who take stupid penalties and add in this guy, it’ll go up for sure

Edit: also how is McDavid of all people second highest in PIM this season out of all people. That’s insane

Could be a blessing in disguise. Modern refs are stupid and do everything possible to even up the penalties.
If Kane takes 2 penalties a night that will usually mean 2 more powerplays as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Holland straight up said he isn’t trading assets for help this year. He said no to moving the first and that he isn’t moving prospects. We ain’t getting a 3c or goalie this year. He made it very clear he wants to roll with the 2 goalies we have and keep Skinner in the AHL
He didnt really say that. He said nobody was making trades right now, so the answer has to be internal. That likely changes by the deadline.

And btw the best way to destroy your bargaining leverage is to say you are looking to make a trade. We cant discern any truth from what he says

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
If he is joining the Oilers, it's to rehab his image.

Get a lot of points

Succeed under a magnifying glass.

Play by the rules in a place with stricter covid rules

People talk like the perfect place for him must be Vegas because he's a gambler. Or he just needs to be in a party town because he's all about partying. Or he needs to be in southern US because he is an anti vaxxer of course.

Or maybe he doesnt want to be any of those things anymore

He also didn't grate on his teammates until after multiple years on his team. He's not going to have time to get comfortable in Edmonton.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He didnt really say that. He said nobody was making trades right now, so the answer has to be internal. That likely changes by the deadline.

And btw the best way to destroy your bargaining leverage is to say you are looking to make a trade. We cant discern any truth from what he says
He straight up said he was confident in our goaltending and coaching and essentially chalked up this losing streak to a bad few weeks and bad luck. Goaltending help isn’t coming. He doesn’t even want to bring up Skinner cause he thinks Smith will be great when healthy. Also said he thinks goaltending was really good in the playoffs the last few years just bad luck.

Goaltending and coaching changes aren’t happening. Everything else is up in the air.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

You are hearing what you want in that . He said he not moving asset to have them walk at the end of the year while the prospect go on to have 7 or 8 years with the other team . Makes sense . He probably moving something major for long term help

Reactions: nally and capazzo

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You are hearing what you want in that . He said he not moving asset to have them walk at the end of the year while the prospect go on to have 7 or 8 years with the other team . Makes sense . He probably moving something major for long term help
He was in Stauffers show after and said he didn’t want to move assets for long term help either. He wants to develop that help from within and wants to overripen prospects before bringing them in. Said he needs to see more from Skinner and that the goaltending should be better now that Smith is back. These are things he said.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kane was going to sign with a contender.. if he signs here then are we contenders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad