Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Many why do we keep bringing shitbags into an org. On the bright side I guess it's a potential cheap near ppg winger if he's in form? Hopefully he doesn't sewer an already weak locker room.

How much damage can a guy really do in 48 games to a locker room? The team can just waive him or send him home if he’s really problematic. Seems pretty low risk to me.

Reactions: Leo360

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Massive addition. More ways than one. At least the team will have a pulse and get in a scrum once in a while.
I am on this train...at least the massive addition part. To get this guy without having to give up anything but a bit of cash, is amazing. After the season we are having, totally okay with the risk.

Reactions: harpoon

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Ok, and if he doesn't fit as well there, and we do shuffle him around, whats he gonna do? Quit? The guy is broke lmao. The best thing he could do for his reputation and bank account is come here, play as well as he can and be the best teammate he can be.

You don't make lines based on what 2022 Evander Kane wants. That said, I see what your saying and agree it was probably part of the pitch, but once that ink dries he is a part of the team. And you do whats best for the team.

San Jose is still going to pay him millions to terminate his contract. He's far from broke.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
So TheFourthPeriod is saying that Evander Kane had a conversation with McDavid. I guess if McDavid is on board with it I'm in no position to question it from a locker room perspective? I do think that if he is found guilty of domestic violence though cut him ASAP.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Because he’s not going to throw guys under the bus and show his cards.

Not sure why people take these media avails at face value.

What GM is going to lay out a step by step plan of action?
There is a difference between not throwing guys under the bus and actively going out of your way to express how much he believes in them. If all he said was “I trust our goalies to bounce back” or “I don’t believe in firing coaches”. That’s one thing. But he talked in length in exactly how and why they are safe and not a problem

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
One thing that will be a cause for concern are his PIM’s

we already have resident dumbo Kassian who take stupid penalties and add in this guy, it’ll go up for sure

Edit: also how is McDavid of all people second highest in PIM this season out of all people. That’s insane

He doesn't really take that many minors. most of his PIMs are from fighting/rough stuff/sticking up for teammates.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
San Jose is still going to pay him millions to terminate his contract. He's far from broke.
He is 25 million in debt and only has $23 million pre tax, the 14% escrow etc. so he will only ever see like $14-15 mill of that. So even if he gave all that up he would still be $10 million in debt.
Dudes broke broke.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Because he’s not going to throw guys under the bus and show his cards.

Not sure why people take these media avails at face value.

What GM is going to lay out a step by step plan of action?

According to Oiler fans, every GM

Reactions: oilers'72

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Feels strange getting inside information from a former ref.

Almost like when Eklund declared Ryan Smyth resigned with Edmonton only to see him traded to the Islanders a few minutes later.

How is it at all like Eklund and Smyth?

Ones a former NHL ref that has never reported a player transaction, rightly or wrongly, and the other is a pathological liar that makes wrong calls daily.

Not seeing the link.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
does oilers have any vets capable of reeling in kane if things go sideways? off ice of course. ? on ice hes a legit top 6 guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad