Dreger: Evan Rodrigues wants out of Buffalo

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Who do these plugs think they are demanding trades???

Professional athletes. His performance on the ice and conduct off it will affect fans' perception of him, but a trade request is understandable (from his side).

That said, I can see some teams being interested. He played both on special teams last season, right?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's a bad look for everyone when an undrafted college free agent and borderline NHLer demands out. Jeez.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It's a bad look for everyone when an undrafted college free agent and borderline NHLer demands out. Jeez.
Agreed.
Here is a post from another venue after tonights game. You decide if the poster is correct......Buffalo fans deserve better I feel...…….

"Another Season down the toilet. Our 50th Anniversary season is officially done at this point and time, the management/ownership team have proven they care little about winning, but they do care about making money.
I have come to terms with this fact, we have an Ottawa Senators type owner. And with that belief, I am done spending 1 more penny on this team. I am done with it, along with my children and grandchildren. I will now actively lead my family to follow a playoff bound team, yet again. This sucks Pegula, you hear me, this sucks."

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Agreed.
Here is a post from another venue after tonights game. You decide if the poster is correct......Buffalo fans deserve better I feel...…….

"Another Season down the toilet. Our 50th Anniversary season is officially done at this point and time, the management/ownership team have proven they care little about winning, but they do care about making money.
I have come to terms with this fact, we have an Ottawa Senators type owner. And with that belief, I am done spending 1 more penny on this team. I am done with it, along with my children and grandchildren. I will now actively lead my family to follow a playoff bound team, yet again. This sucks Pegula, you hear me, this sucks."

Sabres fans still sellout the building like crazy despite the on ice performance. Sounds like they should stop going to games if they want to send a message.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Sorry kid, you’re not good enough to decide where you don’t want to play.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe he should try playing better, if he wants more PT. Believe it or not, most coaches want to win, and will go along with such a plan.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This is like in NHL20 when you ask for a trade and the GM declines because you're not good enough

pf8363

Feb 17, 2015
Sabres fans still sellout the building like crazy despite the on ice performance. Sounds like they should stop going to games if they want to send a message.
Not really. We are near the bottom of the league in attendance. I have been to a few games this year but it gets hardér and harder each time

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Rodrigues was a solid middle 6 piece under Housley. It shouldn't take too much to get him back to that form if even that buffoon could do it.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
Seems like anyone can ask for a trade these days.

3 point players should be happy to be in the league

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I’ll sometimes struggle to understand fan’s reactions to a player requesting a trade. When a GM tries to trade a player, it’s “just business”. When a player requests a trade, you get reactions like “He should be happy to just be on a NHL roster” or he’s a “whiner”, etc..

A GM has to do what he feels is best for the team and a player has to do what he feels is best for himself. That includes asking for a trade sometimes. It’s just business and I don’t have a problem with it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
3 points in 24 games this year, 29 points in 74 games last year, makes $2 million and has arbitration rights this off-season....yeah, I really can't see many teams jumping at this opportunity. And it makes sense that he has been available for a while. He's a very strong analytical player, but I feel like that production is going to scare off any interested teams.

He's struggled this year. I really liked him last season, especially on the PK, but he just hasn't been able to get it going this year. Not surprising there's little interest in him from other teams. Even with how bad he's been this season, I really don't like the idea of just dumping E-Rod---the Sabres forward depth is too thin already.

Reactions: Chainshot

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
This is hilarious, the guy is only in the league because his college buddy Eichel calls the shots in Buffalo. On any other NHL team he'd be laughed at and shipped to the minors never to be seen or heard from again. I guess he doesn't like steady NHL paycheques or something.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He doesn’t really have the clout to demand a trade. I don’t think any team will line up to acquire him. Plus, Bogo is still waiting and he isn’t worthless.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-1_8-55-7.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-1_8-55-7.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2020-1-1_8-55-7.png
    upload_2020-1-1_8-55-7.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 3

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
He doesn’t really have the clout to demand a trade. I don’t think any team will line up to acquire him. Plus, Bogo is still waiting and he isn’t worthless.
I’d assume Rodrigues who is a cabaple NHL’er on bottom 9 role at 2m gets more interest around the league than Bogo who has missed 6months of hockey and started skating again a month ago at 5m a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad