Dreger: Evan Rodrigues wants out of Buffalo

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He doesn’t really have the clout to demand a trade. I don’t think any team will line up to acquire him. Plus, Bogo is still waiting and he isn’t worthless.
31 teams should be lining up to acquire him. It shouldn't be too difficult to get him back to his 2018/19 level in a new environment

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It’s an isdue if different coach and different system and who seems to get blamed.

He’s a decent bottom 6 player who can PK.

He would have bern signed by a team when he came out of BU. He was a 4 yr college player who was on top 25 UFAs from college. He did well even without Eichel. He went to buffalo because Eichel was there.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd take him in Ottawa, maybe we do something like we did to acquire Duclair?

Pageau for 1st+Rodrigue
Tierney for 2nd+4th+Rodrigue

Buffalo's 1st for Pageau? Hard no.
I'd do the Tiernry trade, though.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't know where the chicken/egg dividing line might be... thought Rodrigues worked hard enough last season to secure himself a spot in the NHL, but it sure seemed like he was sidelined from the get-go this season under the new coaching. Now, was that because he came to camp a little too comfortable with his $2M and thinking he had earned his spot , or was that just a new coach and Rodrigues just hasn't been able to get going in a part-time role? Or a little of both? Either way, it's kind of too late now. He might be thrown into a deal to balance cap, but nobody is going to outright trade for him. He would almost certainly clear waivers at this point. That's probably what happens next. So he's going to have to prove himself all over again. Next season he won't get qualified and he'll have to take a two-way deal and try to work his way onto a new team, probably.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
I'm about to demand a trade too because this guy only has 3 more points than I do in 24 more games played

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
whats his game like.
Endless motor, good stickhandling, terrible shot. Positively impacts the game on both ends in all situations. Has a creative flair that you usually only see in star players (noticeably lacking under Krueger).

Reactions: OVO16

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Bwahahaha!!! That's rich... Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Evan... Who do these plugs think they are demanding trades???
Where does it say he's demanding a trade?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would Buffalo qualify him given his production? Seems likely he ends up a free agent this summer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is hilarious, the guy is only in the league because his college buddy Eichel calls the shots in Buffalo. On any other NHL team he'd be laughed at and shipped to the minors never to be seen or heard from again. I guess he doesn't like steady NHL paycheques or something.

Not true, but hey, don't let that interfere with your story.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Agreed.
Here is a post from another venue after tonights game. You decide if the poster is correct......Buffalo fans deserve better I feel...…….

"Another Season down the toilet. Our 50th Anniversary season is officially done at this point and time, the management/ownership team have proven they care little about winning, but they do care about making money.
I have come to terms with this fact, we have an Ottawa Senators type owner. And with that belief, I am done spending 1 more penny on this team. I am done with it, along with my children and grandchildren. I will now actively lead my family to follow a playoff bound team, yet again. This sucks Pegula, you hear me, this sucks."

Why do you keep quoting out other message boards (sans linkage) in multiple threads? Just stop.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wasn't the BU connection with Eichel one of the biggest reasons he even got a shot in the NHL?

Playing with Jack and Danny O'Regan, they were one of the best lines in NCAA hockey. Rodrigues was courted by plenty of teams and chose to sign with Buffalo long before they knew for sure he would be a Sabre pick. So... the narrative that he is only in Buffalo because of his former teammate is trite and not actually true, but it sure does make for an easy, albeit incorrect, story.

Reactions: BHD

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Dam there goes those cup aspirations. Guess they should sell off anything of value and restart the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad