Dreger: Evan Rodrigues wants out of Buffalo

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I’ll gladly take him on NYR’s 4th line over Smith and Haley. Plus Quinn coached him at BU.

I'd trade 1 for 1 (or close to it) for Fast, or I'd add picks/prospect for Strome, not sure what else BUF would be interested in from the NYR that'd be realistic for them to be willing to give up.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'd trade 1 for 1 (or close to it) for Fast, or I'd add picks/prospect for Strome, not sure what else BUF would be interested in from the NYR that'd be realistic for them to be willing to give up.
Buchhhhh

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
ERod was a guy some Sabres fans were upset the team went to arbitration rather than signing him longer term (3-4yrs) on a cheap deal. He showed some promise with 25 in 48 and a relatively dull 29 in 74 in 17-18 and 18-19. But he’s a pretty effective PKer and has shown some ability to play on a second power play in a pinch.

Quite honestly, though, Rodrigues’s play this year has been relatively poor. It’s not that he’s a particularly bad player but at the same time he just does nothing right now.

Depending on what analytics site one looks at he’s getting a bit unlucky offensively and surprising shots defensively (IneffectiveMath) Or just not really doing much positive (EvolvingWild). Both sites had him as an effective NHLer the last two years.

if there’s a team contending for a playoff spot he could be a cheap pick up. Paying even a late round pick for a guy with 3pts in 25 games and cannot crack a putrid Sabres forward group is a tough sell

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The reason he scored 29 points last season was because he was 4th among forwards in ice time last year. Not that impressive to score ~30 points when you get high 2nd line minutes.

I could care less if we got future considerations for him. He is a replacement level player and full of himself.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I remember this particular poster going on at great length in main board threads about "whispers" he was hearing about ROR being a locker room problem after the trade went down... :eyeroll:

yeah...what a hoot that fabrication was. Eichel and ROR squashed that "rumor" when the two of them were spotted eating dinner together last time Blues were in town

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Adding Frolik only has to push Rodrigues even closer to out the door

Not necessarily, considering we've dressed 11 forwards and 7 D in a whole lot of games this year. I'm sure Botts is working on something, considering he asked out, but adding Frolik hardly pushes him off the roster.

Reactions: uncleben

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

No to both. Strome, if he gets traded, is likely either getting traded for more than that, as I can easily see the team re-signing him at this rate.

Fast is a far superior player and holds more value to the team than in a trade unless someone comes along with an absolutely stupid offer, which most likely will not happen.

I’d do a lower level prospect and/or a low pick for Rodrigues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad