Dreger: Evan Rodrigues wants out of Buffalo

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Endless motor, good stickhandling, terrible shot. Positively impacts the game on both ends in all situations. Has a creative flair that you usually only see in star players (noticeably lacking under Krueger).
He has a nice wrist shot.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Where does it say he's demanding a trade?

How else do you possibly interpret "wants out of Buffalo"? He wants a 10-day carribean vacation? He wants to move out to Orchard Park w/ the Fam?

He made his feelings known to GMJB months ago - they've been fairly publicly trying to move him to appease his request w/ zero takers... Where is the grey area here?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
How else do you possibly interpret "wants out of Buffalo"? He wants a 10-day carribean vacation? He wants to move out to Orchard Park w/ the Fam?

He made his feelings known to GMJB months ago - they've been fairly publicly trying to move him to appease his request w/ zero takers... Where is the grey area here?
My interpretation of "He has made his interests in a trade known" (quoted from that Dreger tweet in OP) is closer to a subtle hint than marching into the GM's office making demands. I mean don't you see a difference between "I want you to trade me, now!" and "I wouldn't mind if I was going the other way in a possible trade"?

Reactions: Chainshot

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
My interpretation of "He has made his interests in a trade known" (quoted from that Dreger tweet in OP) is closer to a subtle hint than marching into the GM's office making demands. I mean don't you see a difference between "I want you to trade me, now!" and "I wouldn't mind if I was going the other way in a possible trade"?
It's not newsworthy if it's the latter, and the reality is likely somewhere in between what you think. You're wasting time overthinking.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Probably good to throw him back in the ahl. He couldn't make over 25+ nhl teams today I imagine, even then would be their 13th forward in the press box.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Because he was mocked off HFSabres for his laughable "inside information"
I remember this particular poster going on at great length in main board threads about "whispers" he was hearing about ROR being a locker room problem after the trade went down... :eyeroll:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
It's not newsworthy if it's the latter, and the reality is likely somewhere in between what you think. You're wasting time overthinking.
I don't care where the reality lies. I was making a remark for the poster who was laughing at Rodrigues "making demands" while Dreger put it like it was something more subtle.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
It would be hard to hand out a 2024 seventh rounder at this stage, he would be in the press box and request another trade to your biggest rival.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
I'd take him in Ottawa, maybe we do something like we did to acquire Duclair?

Pageau for 1st+Rodrigue
Tierney for 2nd+4th+Rodrigue

The 4th seems maybe unnecessary here. but I'm into the Tierney deal a lot.

JPG is a UFA, so that plus the 1st rd pick makes that a hard no

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Glad to see it’s not only the Oilers media guys that are spineless cowards and wait until guys are on the way out to sharpen the shivs

Buffalo and Edmonton media should have a "hack-off" where we see which team's media members are more clueless about what's actually going on with the team they get paid to cover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad