Player Discussion Evan Rodrigues (2015 via UFA) – '18-19 Buffalo (NHL)

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I really liked his speed + puck skills combo, but have no idea if he has the physicality or all-around game to stick as a bottom sixer, especially given how Disco values players who look the part. He probably sees 2-10 games depending on injuries.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I really liked his speed + puck skills combo, but have no idea if he has the physicality or all-around game to stick as a bottom sixer, especially given how Disco values players who look the part. He probably sees 2-10 games depending on injuries.

If he comes into camp around 190-195 he will be fine. He was too light last year.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

He's a guy you would want for that center position in the bottom 6(4th line preferably), that COULD take a good chunk of ROR's minutes away on the PK (to allow ROR to be more fresh game in and game out).

I think he is a guy who could be a Larsson-like player. He needs to get stronger though. I think it would help utilize players like Larsson and Girgs on better lines for them.

Imagine having a 3rd line of Larsson-Reinhart-Fasching and then a Foligno-ERod-Girgensons/Baptiste/Bailey 4th line.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Erod at the end of last season was one of the few bright spots. I had high hopes his versatility would have won him a roster spot.

I wonder if Fasching and Erod play, and someone like Nolan sits. Maybe Housley will surprise and sit someone unexpected like Larsson or Girgensons.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Erod at the end of last season was one of the few bright spots. I had high hopes his versatility would have won him a roster spot.

I wonder if Fasching and Erod play, and someone like Nolan sits. Maybe Housley will surprise and sit someone unexpected like Larsson or Girgensons.

He’s taking Criscuolo’s spot. Which is fine.

Thought I want him on Eichels wing instead of Kane. They’re we’re linemates in college after all...

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Wouldn't it be best to keep all the prospects down there for the season? Other than injury callups, of course. This season is done here, let them keep playing on a winning team there, and further development in that culture, not this mortuary.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He's scoring goals, something the Sabres desperately need. So.....up he comes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wouldn't it be best to keep all the prospects down there for the season? Other than injury callups, of course. This season is done here, let them keep playing on a winning team there, and further development in that culture, not this mortuary.

Rodrigues looked like he was ready to end last year, had a strong camp and if not for the injury, may have been up from day 1. He's at least deserving of rotating in for some ice time right now.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Rodrigues looked like he was ready to end last year, had a strong camp and if not for the injury, may have been up from day 1. He's at least deserving of rotating in for some ice time right now.
I want to see him on the Eichel-Kane line.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would not surprise me if he comes out for the next game. Two penalties and his line got it's head caved in.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't see him as a center at this level.

But he's got puck skills, which this team lacks in spades. Try him on wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad