Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: One for the Money, Two for the Bouch

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

iTs A sElFiSh PlAy

Haha that was hilarious. Twitter is disgusting, Facebook is just as bad

Anyone who’s ever played hockey would know that his point man there was supposed to move to the middle, that’s what I think Bouchard was looking for. Instead he moved to the Wall so Bouchard just went to the middle himself and cut to the net.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Haha that was hilarious. Twitter is disgusting, Facebook is just as bad

Anyone who’s ever played hockey would know that his point man there was supposed to move to the middle, that’s what I think Bouchard was looking for. Instead he moved to the Wall so Bouchard just went to the middle himself and cut to the net.
Being negative after a good play, he probably posts on HfBoards too with thinking like that.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It's kind of sad that he is forced to play in this league instead of the SHL.
I think forced is a bit of an exaggeration. He is not forced, he/they chose it as an option.
Since SHL is not a development league obviously the teams in the league want their players to stay the full season, if Bouchard would have committed to a full season he'd be on a SHL team.

To be honest I don't think it would have been that bad of an idea. If the season starts Jan 1st then it is fine, I have no problem with it, but if it gets postponed to February I would probably have preferred that he played a full season in the SHL. SHL wraps up in March/April so then he can come back over.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Man, if everything pans out the Oilers could have some very good players from the 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 drafts. Yamamoto is obviously already looking like a legit top6 winger and then Bouchard and Broberg are tracking quite well, and Holloway is an interesting player too. None of them may be a superstar but all of them should be solid NHLers at the very least. They'll be giving the Oilers some much needed depth.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Barrie could very well be feeding him for these one timers on PP.

Drai,McD,Nuge,Barrie, Bouchard
I've envisioned Bouchard cycling the pp half boards on the left side and point.

He brings a passing game that Klefbom and Nurse do not possess. Passing plays between Draisaitl and Bouchard could be lethal with the option still available for the McDavid Draisaitl pp passing play that is already near unstoppable.

I think the power play can get better with two more offensive weapons on the first unit. The second pp unit also dramatically increases in skill. What do people think about that?

Ser Pudman

Nov 25, 2013
I've envisioned Bouchard cycling the pp half boards on the left side and point.

He brings a passing game that Klefbom and Nurse do not possess. Passing plays between Draisaitl and Bouchard could be lethal with the option still available for the McDavid Draisaitl pp passing play that is already near unstoppable.

I think the power play can get better with two more offensive weapons on the first unit. The second pp unit also dramatically increases in skill. What do people think about that?
I think that while our power play players are theoretically better next year, we will be hard pressed to improve on a historically high pp%

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I think that while our power play players are theoretically better next year, we will be hard pressed to improve on a historically high pp%
If we actually get the penalties that are owed to us it shouldn't matter but I doubt that winds up happening.

Ser Pudman

Nov 25, 2013
If we actually get the penalties that are owed to us it shouldn't matter but I doubt that winds up happening.
That's true. Connor Mcdavid should rank higher in penalties drawn given his TOI and hooks and holds he takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad