Player Discussion Evan Bouchard: One for the Money, Two for the Bouch

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
the same fans will tell you we gave up on bear too early most dmen dont come into their own unitl after 200 games.

meanwhile bouchard is top 5 in league goals for a dman and hasnt player 100 games yet lol
You’re comparing a top 10 pick to like a 5th rounder?

The bar is higher for Bouchard than your average draft pick. He is clearing it, which is great for the Oilers, but they need to get him locked up long term.

Bouchard still probably hasn’t fully come into his own, give him those 200 games. He is going to be very good here.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
You’re comparing a top 10 pick to like a 5th rounder?

The bar is higher for Bouchard than your average draft pick. He is clearing it, which is great for the Oilers, but they need to get him locked up long term.

Bouchard still probably hasn’t fully come into his own, give him those 200 games. He is going to be very good here.
im not comparing anything im saying regardless of draft position young dmen should get some rope to learn their game and have opportunity, scroll back 2 or 3 pages to right around the flames game and its multiple "he should be in the AHL" "he isnt ready". they are wrong he is ready and had some ups and downs this season, but on a whole he is a rookie (by all logical standards) and has been excellent in learning the game. Excited for his future and everything he brings.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bouchard had his best game of the season. Shot was really on, scored one, had another call back and nice swim move driving into the slot. He was hammering the puck last night, can score from distance, and a look at life would be like if the Oil had a range one shot scorer for Connor or Leon to play with.

Should note this game comes immediately after Kane was playing around with Bouchard in practice and perhaps reducing the stress and tension for the young player. A vet player maybe knowing what a kid needs? Its just interesting Kane was the one that did that and how he's being involved in the team. I love what Kane is bringing here, hopefully he wants to stick around, it sure seems like it.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Bouchard had his best game of the season. Shot was really on, scored one, had another call back and nice swim move driving into the slot. He was hammering the puck last night, can score from distance, and a look at life would be like if the Oil had a range one shot scorer for Connor or Leon to play with.

Should note this game comes immediately after Kane was playing around with Bouchard in practice and perhaps reducing the stress and tension for the young player. A vet player maybe knowing what a kid needs? Its just interesting Kane was the one that did that and how he's being involved in the team. I love what Kane is bringing here, hopefully he wants to stick around, it sure seems like it.
He definitely wanted the puck more, that's for sure. That had to come from somewhere so your likely Kane theory makes sense. But so does Keith in that aspect to. Seems Keith has no problem deferring blueline passes to him even with little room(gotta be careful not to get burned)

He also juked 2 guys last nite at the blueline.

Ya, his confidence is beaming right now

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
One thing I don't see much chatter about is Keith's impact on Bouch this season. Keith isn't the player he once was but I'm sure he's taught some valuable lessons to Bouch. Of course, it's impossible to know without being in the room but those who have had a mentor at work will know what I'm talking about.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He definitely wanted the puck more, that's for sure. That had to come from somewhere so your likely Kane theory makes sense. But so does Keith in that aspect to. Seems Keith has no problem deferring blueline passes to him even with little room(gotta be careful not to get burned)

He also juked 2 guys last nite at the blueline.

Ya, his confidence is beaming right now
I mentioned Keiths influence on the club too in the Kane thread. Seems like both Kane and Keith, as knowing vets here, they play roles on the club hauling players in and making them feel comfortable. Its why you bring in Vets that know the dues. The hard thing about this club, for McDrai, Nuge, Nurse, they haven't been around a contender NHL club, so that its good to get that kind of input in the room. Keith and Kane bring it.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Bouchard, to me, is quickly becoming our best D and a rare D I see with true #1D upside. Hes still has up and down moments, but when hes on (which is a lot more frequent), he has a super rare skillset.

When Klefbom and Nurse were a similiar age/experience level, I never saw the same glimpses of true #1 D upside. Klefbom I saw a lot of upside, but a definite ceiling as a great #3, or top pairing D

Nurse- to be honest I was always a bit hesistant (and still am). Physical tools out the ying yang, but the mental processing of the game was always a concern. I still do love Nurse, but that will always limit him

Bouchard thinks the game like a true #1D, has tremendous skills, and doesnt have many limitations that will put a ceiling on him.

I personally think hell be regarded as a top 10 D in the league in 2/3 years time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad