Europa League 2017/2018

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Salzburg are the first Austrian side in a Euro semifinals since 1994 (the pre Red Bull takeover Salzburg made the UEFA Cup final that season)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arsenal won't win on tactics. They just need 3 games by having their talent on display. If only we had a coach, I'd be confident.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
CSKA was soooooooo close to the 3-0 lead. The handball in the first half, Ignashevich's snipe ...
But at least CSKA gained another 0.200 points for the coefficient ranking.

So it means, Russia will finish the year in 4th place, only behind England, Spain and Italy. But in front of Germany :cool:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
WIth the news out of Munich, I'm now lowkey expecting them to win the CL for Jupp, because the players know that they're going to be consciously tanking next year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I always thought he was trash,but he really has been a revelation the past 7 or so games. Probably our most complete midfielder at the moment. Wonder what it means for Egypt having both him and Salah in form.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Lazio really need to finish top 4 after this collapse. They should, but Inter is still just one point behind. Immobile has been so good I thought maybe they could win Europa.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
CSKA was soooooooo close to the 3-0 lead. The handball in the first half, Ignashevich's snipe ...
But at least CSKA gained another 0.200 points for the coefficient ranking.

So it means, Russia will finish the year in 4th place, only behind England, Spain and Italy. But in front of Germany :cool:
And if Bayern wins the CL and/or OM wins the EL?

Reactions: maclean

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And if Bayern wins the CL and/or OM wins the EL?

Since losing in the qualifiers doesn't take a team out of a league's average, Bayern would need to get 20 more points in the CL to push us ahead of the RPL. And I don't remember how many more points they'd get for winning the CL.

Oh well, the BuLi's average is dragged down by a lot of the better teams underachieving last year, and so garbage like Koln & Frankfurt appearing in europe...plus it meant Hertha being Hertha cost our coefficient.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Since losing in the qualifiers doesn't take a team out of a league's average, Bayern would need to get 20 more points in the CL to push us ahead of the RPL. And I don't remember how many more points they'd get for winning the CL.

Oh well, the BuLi's average is dragged down by a lot of the better teams underachieving last year, and so garbage like Koln & Frankfurt appearing in europe...plus it meant Hertha being Hertha cost our coefficient.

A club gets 2 points per win and 1 point for each further round reached, which would put their ceiling at earning 7 more points this year if they win every match. Hertha, Köln, Hoffenheim, and Freiburg combined for 13 points. Dortmund had a well-documented horror and ended up with 10 points, only barely above Germany's average for this year so far even if you include those four clubs that laid a total egg. Leipzig and Bayern have had nice runs but it couldn't possibly be enough with how the other 5 floundered. With Schalke and Leverkusen back in the mix - as odd as this is to say - Germany should get a lot more out of Europe next year than they did from the total minnow clubs.

France would only need 12 more points to surpass Russia for this year alone, but they can't do that either.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Marseille (FRA) vs. Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
Arsenal (ENG) vs. Atletico Madrid (ESP)

The winners of the first tie will be the 'home' team in the final in Lyon, so it could be Marseille :D

Reactions: All Might

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad