Management Eugene Melnyk -Lawsuits, rants, and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Pennies on the dollar is hyperbolic expression.

Pretty easy to understand, for most.

You asked for specific numbers and I provided them. Stop claiming otherwise.

Forbes 445
Speculated offer approx. 400

I’ll take the under.
When you only speak in hyperbole it's difficult for the reasonable person to distinguish.

Well, your position is now defined. And despite the fact that all evidence points to the contrary, you're sticking with your guns. Time will tell.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Where is Eugene?
Nowhere to be seen.

Considering part of the Ruddy 1B lawsuit is based, at least in part, on Melnyk's inability to fund his portion of the Lebreton deal, it will be fascinating to see if/when Eugene is required to prove his ability to pay.

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hired Anthony Leblanc. NHL experience as CEO of Phoenix. Also worked for RIM. We shall see...

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Apparently he's a long time season ticket holder for the Sens. Shocked that Eugene would give up that season ticket money unless he's forcing him to keep them in his employment contract.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
What's the over under here?

I don't know much about LaBlanc other than what the TSN article says. Little was fired because he challenged (allegedly swore at) Melnyk over the phone, so the next guy they hired must be a yes man a la the rest of Sens management. If so, it's a useless hire and I will take under.

Hope I am wrong.

Update: Arghh f***
Source: Senators fire CEO, hired 8 weeks ago, for conduct inconsistent with organization core values

There is a long mega thread on the Coyotes over the years. Leblanc was in the centre of allot of it, part of the group that bought them with no money, hired himself as president. Lost a lucrative arena deal in Glendale that the team is yet to recover from....good times!

He's also heading a bid to put a CFL team in Halifax, sells deposits without a team, no stadium plan...many proclaimed deadlines that came and went, held a neutral site game in Moncton last year, overcharged tickets while had to cut prices and reduce capacity later to sellout. The bid is making some progress now since they put a muzzle on him.

Should be more fun days ahead for Sens fans!

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Some background info suggest Leblanc is a perfect Melnyk hire!

Mightygoose said:
There is a long mega thread on the Coyotes over the years. Leblanc was in the centre of allot of it, part of the group that bought them with no money, hired himself as president. Lost a lucrative arena deal in Glendale that the team is yet to recover from....good times!

He's also heading a bid to put a CFL team in Halifax, sells deposits without a team, no stadium plan...many proclaimed deadlines that came and went, held a neutral site game in Moncton last year, overcharged tickets while had to cut prices and reduce capacity later to sellout. The bid is making some progress now since they put a muzzle on him.

Should be more fun days ahead for Sens fans!​

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anthony LeBlanc has always been a punchline in the Coyotes ownership saga. Huckster. Sleazy used car salesman vibes. Can’t stop his mouth from flapping, even when it’s hurting his position. Having said all of that, I have some appreciation as a Coyotes fan for him. He worked with the league to help tide the team over long enough to get Barroway who worked with the league to help tide the team over long enough to get Meruelo. LeBlanc was helpful in stalling for time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A complete moron IMO, only good for giving reassuring corporate speak to fans that don't know any better. In other words, he's the perfect toadie for an owner like Melnyk.

He announced the Coyotes "arena deal" way early and pissed off just about everyone, including key partners. It got to the point where local leaders refused to work with him and his group anymore. The league helped bring in Barroway to force the "ice edge clowns" out entirely.

When bag holders can't even hold a bag right.

Reactions: JungleBeat

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Who cares? Let me know when his seat gets warm enough for any of us to give a damn. These guys come and go. I won't spend any more time than this post thinking about this new president of business operations.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Toronto attendance dipped under Ballard, Edmonton’s attendance cratered under Pocklington, Chicago’s attendance crashed under Wirtz.

Only the ignorant would suggest bad ownership has no impact on attendance.

Ignorant. How bout some proof. Then we will see

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Here we go again, the bad fan argument again.

Maybe hogging headlines for as long as the Gene has contributed to this?

Gee, I don't know, but we were roundly criticized for being bad fans during the 2017 playoffs, and Melnyk issues were laughably minor at that time

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
A complete moron IMO, only good for giving reassuring corporate speak to fans that don't know any better. In other words, he's the perfect toadie for an owner like Melnyk.

He announced the Coyotes "arena deal" way early and pissed off just about everyone, including key partners. It got to the point where local leaders refused to work with him and his group anymore. The league helped bring in Barroway to force the "ice edge clowns" out entirely.

When bag holders can't even hold a bag right.

Sounds like Eugene finally found the right man for his job!

Reactions: Sensung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad