Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear traded to Carolina for Warren Foegele

What Are Your Thoughts on the Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Hockey trade and I don't mind it given our bottom 6 needs. If we can somehow land a solid 3C that forward group is looking pretty deadly. Defence and Goalies on the other hand. Ugh.

Hey man, your avy is going to make us forget about any perceived defensive woes. Count on it

Reactions: OldManBouchard

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Foegle is a solid player

But giving up Bear, why? We finally have depth on the right side

I despise Holland

Reactions: space321

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Foegle is a solid player

But giving up Bear, why? We finally have depth on the right side

I despise Holland

There is literally no room for the guy. Barrie, Ceci, Bouchard, Lagesson, Broberg. Honestly, I liked Lagesson's game more than Bears last year. EDIT: sorry, thought Lagesson was a RHD when I posted this. Still, the motive for the trade is pretty clear.

Honestly mind boggling how people do not understand WHY this deal was done. Shipped a position of strength, for one of extreme weakness.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I'm good with it. I liked Bear but he didn't really fill a role going forward. Not good enough defensively to be in a shutdown role, not even close to replacing the guys we have in an offensive role. If not for Bouchard I'd be happy to have him on the third pair but he's being pushed out for someone better, bigger (though probably not as gritty) and cheaper. Also don't want to see him as a #7.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I hate it because of the absolute gong-show insanity that's been going on with Right-shot Dmen this year.

1 year of Risto for a 1st?
Seth Jones for $9.5million?

This is the worst time to be giving our Right-handed Dman for a 3rd liner.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Is Foegle fast???

We have been such a slow team for so long. With Hyman, McLeod and maybe this guy, that will change.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Part of this has to be Foegele's arbitration eligibility. He files, Oilers can buy out Koskinen.

Have a feeling we are signing Ullmark today.
I think it’s a goalie flip with Arizona. Might need to retain on kostco

o98

Feb 26, 2003
Edmonton, Alberta
I like the trade. Looks like a player that should definitely help up front.

I'm also expecting Bear will look good just because of the CAR system, and the analytics junkies will be hyping how bad the Oilers fared in the trade. Realistically, value wise it's a good deal. I'm not bullish on Bear long-term, I think he's basically at his peak already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad