Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear traded to Carolina for Warren Foegele

What Are Your Thoughts on the Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Part of this has to be Foegele's arbitration eligibility. He files, Oilers can buy out Koskinen.

Have a feeling we are signing Ullmark today.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Man like Foegele is a solid player and all but this trade is an absolute dumpster fire that f***s up our defense big time. Ethan Bear is the only one of the Barrie/Ceci/Bouchard/Bear group who could hold his head above water against high difficulty competition, and he and Ceci were the only ones capable of PKing. Does Holland expect Bouchard to suddenly turn into a defensive stud that can handle top 6 forwards and PK well or something?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Welcome to the Oilers, Warren Foegele!

He's a pretty fast, two-way winger. I think he's also an RFA and shouldn't be too expensive to sign. We need quality 3rd liners, and Foegele is one of those. Maybe he can shift up if he shows some untapped potential here.

After a terrible last season, was probably best for Bear to get another start somewhere else. I think he'll turn it around to some degree in the near future.

Looks like a fairly even trade.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Foegele is a good 5on5 player. Stealing a stat from the main board, he’s scored more 5on5 goals over the past two seasons for Carolina than anyone besides Aho and Niedereitter (that includes Svechnikov, Teravainen etc.). He’s relatively young and is one of those guys that can play in the top 6 with some skilled players.

I like this move and between Puljujarvi, Holloway, Yamamoto, and Foegele, we are going to have some chippy wingers with offensive touch in the next few years.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Writing was on the wall when the talk around the Oilers was about getting players who can be relied up. Bear might be that guy someday, but the Oilers don't have 3 or 4 years to find out anymore.

Hopefully Foegele works out in Edmonton, sounds like a gamer.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
My heart goes out to the Indigenous folks in the Edmonton area.
Saw a TON of jerseys out there and have a couple friends with collections of just Bear. :(

The Ethan Bear Oilers logo made it to earrings and beadwork all through the province.
This right here is my immediate thoughts on the trade. I see a tonne of Jerseys around they adored him here

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->