Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear traded to Carolina for Warren Foegele

What Are Your Thoughts on the Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I love that this opens the door for Bouchard. Love it. It's time.

Wish Ethan all the best in Carolina. He is gonna be a solid player.

I remember after Bouchard scored a goal in one game (after not being in the lineup several) Playfair leaned over him patted him on the back and said something to him and Bouchard just started grinning. Was an interesting moment. The coaching staff are high on the player, they were just determined to give him this season as a development year. Guys like Bouchard will make anybody forget Bear even ever played here.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Ementy

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Foegele is find. Still dont understand why we had to move Bear.
I'm a bit torn on Bear, I liked him since the moment we drafted him, he's someone you wanted to root for and he showed alot of potential. But he's played decent, but you can notice, his decision making or reaction time is really not at a NHL level. You can't have a hesitant player IMO. This is the NHL you have to have the IQ to read the ice as if it was second nature, being really good doesn't translate if you make rash plays.

On the other hand, he still is young and can potentially still be a Quality D going forward. He was probably worth more than Foegele in terms of being a RHD and young. But Foegele is a tough and productive player. And bear really is a crapshoot.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I like the type of forwards Holland has targeted. Sounds like Hyman and Foegele are high motor guys. The exact type of player we didn't have enough of.

Our forward group looks so much better and that is not even accounting for McLeod and Holloway who are on the way.

jmco

Jan 25, 2013
I like it a lot. The value is very good, finally getting a legit top 9 LW who can score and kill penalties.

Bear IMO is overrated on here. He may be a top 4 d one day but this isn’t “Petry 2.0”. Bear can’t skate near as well as Petry could.
Bear didn't come to camp in shape 2 years in a row. Commitment issues... Cya later bud

Reactions: Sweetpotato

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Not a Bear fan but based on position and history thought there should have atleast been a 3rd rounder attached to this.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm not too sure what to think about this one. I guess we will see.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
He is a RFA so how much are we going to pay him? Anyone know his Arbitration $'s?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Adam Larsson did not handle tough minutes lmao, Bear was the guy who had the highest QoC on the team overall the past 2 years.
Adam Larsson played with primarily bottom six line support playing shutdown minutes versus other team's depth lines. 'Tough minutes' is a very blurry term when discussing defensemen. Ethan Bear played plenty of 'tough minutes' against heavier competition, but he was paired with Darnell Nurse and he was carried by the team's elite offensive drivers.

It was a concern that Bear would never be capable of thriving away from that kind of support. And last season didn't do anything to alleviate those concerns.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My heart goes out to the Indigenous folks in the Edmonton area.
Saw a TON of jerseys out there and have a couple friends with collections of just Bear. :(

The Ethan Bear Oilers logo made it to earrings and beadwork all through the province.
Nobody died.:laugh: He got traded to another team. And he'll still make a solid NHL wage. They can buy Carolina jerseys now.

Reactions: CravenMH

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Nobody died.:laugh: He got traded to another team. And he'll still make a solid NHL wage. They can buy Carolina jerseys now.

I don't think you understand how important he is to some people. He is a mentor, a success story and a representation of an entire culture.

You know, I don't expect you to understand but your laughter and dismissive tone makes me wonder about what kind of person you are.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't think you understand how important he is to some people. He is a mentor, a success story and a representation of an entire culture.

You know, I don't expect you to understand but your laughter and dismissive tone makes me wonder about what kind of person you are.
Get over yourself. The NHL is a business and he is part of that business. He is an important symbol for indigenous people EVERYWHERE, not just here. And he's playing the best league in the world, getting paid handsomely. I'm sure he'll be coming back for the other 5-6 months of the year that he doesn't play to visit. And yes, I am being dismissive about your over-the top comment.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I liked Bear but also like Foegele and they added to a position of need. Good deal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad