Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear traded to Carolina for Warren Foegele

What Are Your Thoughts on the Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Bear was a good kid and will be a solid defender for Carolina but Foegele addresses a huge need for the Oilers

Prefer this to overpaying for Bertuzzi or trading for DeBrusk who has to get paid
I kinda hate this trade.

Bear was only at like the half-way point of his development.

Our RHD went from having a hole into being an absolute Crater.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I like it a lot. The value is very good, finally getting a legit top 9 LW who can score and kill penalties.

Bear IMO is overrated on here. He may be a top 4 d one day but this isn’t “Petry 2.0”. Bear can’t skate near as well as Petry could.

Also Petry was traded for a pick. Bear was traded for a legit hard nosed power forward.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Isn’t Foegele one of those guys with amazing advanced stats? I like this player but don’t like having another hole on the right side..

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I've always been a huge fan of Foegele, he's a speedy two-way winger with offensive upside and great possession numbers. He's skilled but isn't a great finisher and isn't the smartest player, but should be a good fit next to one of our playmaking centers.

He's also very versatile, is able to play both the left and right side throughout the lineup.

Losing Bear really hurts though.

Last edited:

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
Energy. Size. Great bottom six addition. That's what we need and there's a price to be paid to add it.

He makes us a better team now. That's the position we are in, so hopefully the kid flourishes and earns the respect of everyone discounting his value.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
My heart goes out to the Indigenous folks in the Edmonton area.
Saw a TON of jerseys out there and have a couple friends with collections of just Bear. :(

The Ethan Bear Oilers logo made it to earrings and beadwork all through the province.

Yeah, I was at the River Cree nightmarket and there was beautiful hand made Ethan Bear beadwork and such everywhere. Lots of vehicles with Ethan Bear stickers and such too. He will be missed

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Oilers were not going to win a cup with:

2+ D under 6 feet (had Barrie, Bear and Russell last season - didn't work when it mattered most)
2+ D under the age of 23. Bouchard is our best young D. Sorry Bear fans, that's just the reality. He's bigger, more athletic, more productive offensively. We also have Broberg coming, maybe Samorukov too. I like getting Ceci. Reminder - he will be making markedly less than Russell when he signed his big 4 x 4 extension in 2017.

I really prefer a D group of Nurse - Barrie, Keith - Ceci, ???, Russell Bouchard - over what we had last season.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
If Bear finds another gear in Carolina this might look a little gross with hindsight.

Certainly no guarantee of that at this point though.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I've always been a huge fan of Foegele, he's a speedy two-way winger with offensive upside and great possession numbers. He's skilled and is a good finisher, isn't the smartest player but should be a good fit next to one of our playmaking centers.

He's also very versatile, is able to play both the left and right side throughout the lineup.

Losing Bear really hurts though.
Everyone I've talked to mentioned he has hands of stone and has tons of issues finishing

woinf

May 25, 2021
Edmonton
Not a bad trade in theory but we now have literally nobody who can actually play the defense part in our right handed defense group. And no Ceci isn't the answer, he needs to be sheltered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille