Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear traded to Carolina for Warren Foegele

What Are Your Thoughts on the Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Holland is pretty good stealing Foegele away while only giving up a over paid, slowest skating, under sized dmen.

Such a great day.

100 percent, people unfortunately afraid to call Bear out for what he is a boarder line nhler fearing backlash

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Wow, don't bother to read much of the Canes thread, especially a few jerks on there talkin bout how bad Alberta is. my lord. From the deep south these comments..

I just dialed in there to see some of the comments and I saw some jerks instead. Not much has changed on the Carolina board.
Yeah... well they're the garbage organization that signed renown racist and homophobic anti-vaxxer Tony DeAngelo.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Not sure if it been mentioned but I couldn’t help notice that everyone posting a lineup has Foegele in the bottom six. From what I picked up on the Carolina board is that Foegele was wanting a bigger role in the lineup(top six). I hope this isn’t going to be a problem because I really like what this guy brings to the table. He seems to be able to take a hot pass and has the ability to finish. He might fit well with Draisaitl IMO.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
Not sure if it been mentioned but I couldn’t help notice that everyone posting a lineup has Foegele in the bottom six. From what I picked up on the Carolina board is that Foegele was wanting a bigger role in the lineup(top six). I hope this isn’t going to be a problem because I really like what this guy brings to the table. He seems to be able to take a hot pass and has the ability to finish. He might fit well with Draisaitl IMO.

I wouldn't mind that if he deliveres, but we see at the training camp. But that would allow us to go for 3 scoring line, but then we need another forward and I still hope Ritchie.

Hyman - McDavid - Pulju
Foegele - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ritchie - Nuge - Kassian
McLeod - Ryan - Archibald
Shore

Wel that would be big improvement compared to last season.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

IF Holloway earned a job out of camp, you could theoretically do this and Foegele gets what he wants:

Hyman/McDavid/Puljujarvi
Foegele/Draisaitl/Yamamoto
Holloway/Nuge/Kassian
McLeod/Ryan/Archibald

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I wouldn't mind that if he deliveres, but we see at the training camp. But that would allow us to go for 3 scoring line, but then we need another forward and I still hope Ritchie.

Hyman - McDavid - Pulju
Ritchie - Nuge - Kassian
Shore

Hahahahaha we came to pretty much the same conclusion when reading that comment. That would give us a deep playoff line-up.

Reactions: xoczar99ox

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
One good year but no truly bad years. Hes a very mixed bag player. In Ottawa he was very young so that makes sense. In Toronto he couldnt have been truly bad because he was on the top pairing all year. So a lot of hate should have went to the coach there. As long as we dont do that we should be fine. And he isnt so old that he cant take a step forward still.

So hes not confirmed to be terrible. Hes a very risky bet. It could pay off. Ultimately not ideal but players dont want to go to Canada now. Either we gamble a little or we do nothing

Holland seemed to make it sound like Ceci is a guy that they targeted that could outplay his current value, not as much of a panic move as a result of Larsson leaving.

If that's the case I hope to god our pro scouts actually get one right. If Ceci maintains or improves on his play from last year and Bouchard grows organically to a strong top 4 defender (I think he will) the thought that the right side of the defense is a major problem could be an afterthought by December.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I am concerned about this as well. Does he get grumpy when there isn't room for him in the top six. It is another reason why I don't like the trade

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I am concerned about this as well. Does he get grumpy when there isn't room for him in the top six. It is another reason why I don't like the trade
I'm sure he will welcome the chance to outperform Yama,Pulju and even RNH for a top 6 wing spot.

Fact that he is currently training with Hyman, Nurse and McDavid may mean he starts the season at McWing.
Pretty sure Drai isn't too thrilled with Yama as his winger and McD would likely prefer Foegele over Pulju on his RW.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Hyman - McDavid - Pulju
Ritchie - Nuge - Kassian
Shore

Foegele on the second line hey? Regardless, think that looos pretty good. I like Shore. Hopefully he has a spot somewhere.

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
IF Holloway earned a job out of camp, you could theoretically do this and Foegele gets what he wants:

Hyman/McDavid/Puljujarvi
Holloway/Nuge/Kassian
McLeod/Ryan/Archibald

I also like:

foegele-mcd-Hyman
Nuge-drai-pulju
Holloway-Ryan-yammamoto
Archibald-mcleod-kassian

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think we're gonna regret giving up on Bear so early. Hopefully Foegele signs a reasonable contract for 2-3 years and continues to put up ~35 points in the bottom 6.

Bear is good, one turnover in the playoffs doesn't change that. Just because we have Bouchard coming up doesn't mean there isn't room for Bear. We spent decade having no depth, and yet we're always rushing to trade away young players as soon as it may appear that they're "expendable".

Reminds me of trading Hall and Eberle because we had an overabundance of wingers.

At least Foegele is a good player, but imo if we're comparing the RHD vs winger (like Hall/Larsson), then we overpaid again.

DRW fan stopping by to say that holland rarely (as in basically never) gives up on younger players/prospect that will pan out/perform better than expected. his track record there is fantastic.

you might have legit reasons to be concerned about some of kennys moves/roster building philosophy but this isn't an area where he screws up.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
That's what you want to do, identify unheralded players from deep teams that have the possibility of moving up the lineup with your team. Foegele has some clear-cut tools as a player beginning with size and using his speed to aggressively get to the hard areas. We lacked wingers with those qualities.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Sucks to see Bear go.

Does sound like Foegele is the type of player we need more of. Guys that play hard, defensively responsible, will drive the net and score ugly goals. Hopefully some of these new guys work ethic rubs off on guys like Kassian. Team desperately needs a better and more competitive bottom 6.

Whether Bear was the right piece to make this trade, I dont know but I hope Foegele does well in his time here.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

Hyman/McDavid/Puljujarvi
Holloway/Nuge/Kassian
McLeod/Ryan/Archibald

Not sure that I would commit a spot to Yamo on the 2nd line....Drai between Nuge and Foegele likely works better.

McLeod and Ryan can rotate on the centering of 3rd and 4th.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think he wants an opportunity to be in the top 6. Our top 6 isn't set in stone. Yamamoto or Pulju could easily be pushed down. In Carolina their top6 was pretty much set in stone.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think he wants an opportunity to be in the top 6. Our top 6 isn't set in stone. Yamamoto or Pulju could easily be pushed down. In Carolina their top6 was pretty much set in stone.
It gives us some flexibility and I don't mind bigger wingers for our star centers. Fast ones who work the boards and go to the net. Maybe Hyman was intended to play on McDavid's line and Foegele gets the tryout with Draisaitl. Foegele-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi would be an intimidating matchup.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Gotta say I'm pretty pumped for our options at forward and the internal competition there will be at training camp. Just imagine if guys like Benson and Marody come in and play like their NHL careers depend on it.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Holland was on with Stauffer and said he sees Foegele on the 3rd line. Obviously depends on training camp and such, but was brought in with that in mind.

Also mentioned the centre depth (Ryan, McLeod, Turris (lol)) and how Nuge could do time at centre as well

Foegele - Nuge - Kassian could be decent in stints

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I like the return for Bear but the trade confuses me from Carolinas perspective. When you look at Carolinas depth chart it’s hard to see Bear in the starting 6 if everyone is fully healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad