Confirmed with Link: Ethan Bear traded to Carolina for Warren Foegele

What Are Your Thoughts on the Ethan Bear for Warren Foegele Trade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
its hilarious to me that people think McDavid’s seal of approval means a damn thing. Just because he’s a god tier player doesn’t mean he knows shit about who is good.

Well Yzerman was a great player who has a knack for identifying talent. Who is to say Connor doesn't have the same ability?

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I’m stoked for this trade. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Foegele flanks Mcdavid and Hyman on the top line. Puju second line and Yamo third line.

Foegele Mcdavid Hyman
Nuge Drai Puju
Benson McLeod Yamo (sheltered mins)
Archi Ryan Kassian

I wonder if we see a combination like that rather than the expected combo everyone has posted

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Wow, don't bother to read much of the Canes thread, especially a few jerks on there talkin bout how bad Alberta is. my lord. From the deep south these comments..

I just dialed in there to see some of the comments and I saw some jerks instead. Not much has changed on the Carolina board.
Lots of issues in the US these days, misery wants company. Personally I like the trade, Foegele seems like a hard working talented player we use , unlike Turris for example

Last edited:
Reactions: GinMakeMeSin

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wow, don't bother to read much of the Canes thread, especially a few jerks on there talkin bout how bad Alberta is. my lord. From the deep south these comments..

I just dialed in there to see some of the comments and I saw some jerks instead. Not much has changed on the Carolina board.
What do you think of the trade?
Or Foegele in general?

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
I think this was a good trade. I don't see as much future with Bear as many of you do. I suspect he'll be a serviceable bottom pairing type and end up having a short career. Just my thoughts. Foegele looks like a gritty, drive the net kinda guy and we sorely miss that. Good trade.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Foegele is a solid and reliable 200 ft bottom 6 power forward, a needed ingredient to evolve this team. Like Hyman, we're going to love his style of play, and he improves our secondary scoring discrepancy

But ngl, I am torn that it was Ethan Bear that got traded. Don't need to find reasons to hate his game or just dismiss him and say 'oh there's no room anyway'. In the 19-20 season, he was the hottest topic in this city, maybe even our best defenseman and added a unique element to the defense core we all found refreshing. He did struggle this season, but he was only 23, had to deal with an injury and it was a weird season due to the covid protocols, which maybe could've affected him more than others. Those protocols are seemingly gone, and the regular NHL schedule to going to resume this year.

I think he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder and be a solid top 4 defenseman for Carolina. Really going to miss screaming his last name. It'll be funny to see him participate in those Carolina post-game shows :laugh:

But now, after grieving, gonna sleep it off, wake up refreshed, put Bear behind us and then salivate over the new acquisitions with eagerness to see the product on ice

Welcome William

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

space321

May 11, 2011
I think we're gonna regret giving up on Bear so early. Hopefully Foegele signs a reasonable contract for 2-3 years and continues to put up ~35 points in the bottom 6.

Bear is good, one turnover in the playoffs doesn't change that. Just because we have Bouchard coming up doesn't mean there isn't room for Bear. We spent decade having no depth, and yet we're always rushing to trade away young players as soon as it may appear that they're "expendable".

Reminds me of trading Hall and Eberle because we had an overabundance of wingers.

At least Foegele is a good player, but imo if we're comparing the RHD vs winger (like Hall/Larsson), then we overpaid again.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Hes playing in the states now so people will just think he’s Mexican. I don’t think ADA has the mental capacity to tell the difference between Aboriginals and Mexicans anyway.

my wife is West Indian heritage but raised in Canada and gets the same treatment. When we travel to southern USA, people are always speaking Spanish to her and are very surprised when she says in perfect no accent English - "I don't speak Spanish"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad