Erik Karlsson's son passes away.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Baby being born or not, this is still devastating new for Karlsson and his family...all the hopes, dreams and excitement of a first child, just vanished....

RIP and Condolences to them.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Everyone knows that it's common to hear sad news everywhere; Twitter, local news, etc. When I hear it, I think to myself "that's awful" and I'll say a prayer or something small and honestly not think much else of it. When I read this today, I immediately teared up and even now, several hours later, my heart aches for this family. Anyone who's a parent knows that no one, NO ONE, deserves to feel the pain of losing a child. I don't believe there is a greater pain on this earth. The worst part is there literally is nothing anyone can say, do, etc. to ease the pain. Unbelievably tragic.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wtf...why does this happen to hockey players so much? Coincidence?

Was driving listening to NHLN radio when Boomer and Maderaz broke the news and felt sick

John Carlson's wife had many miscarriages after their first son, and she just got pregnant with their second kid a few months ago.

This is horrible. I thank God every day that no one in my immediate family has lost a child before.

Reactions: ECanuck

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Thats awful. I cant even imagine the type of hurt they're feeling right now.

thoughts are with them.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
John Carlson's wife had many miscarriages after their first son, and she just got pregnant with their second kid a few months ago.

This is horrible. I thank God every day that no one in my immediate family has lost a child before.
Same with Kris Letang. His Wife lost a baby in 2016 and they due a little girl in around 3/4 months.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
This is awful. I remember seeing their reveal video and how happy they both were. So sad.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Yep it happens way more than we think. And as a parent myself it's always tough to hear news like this. RIP

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Yep it happens way more than we think. And as a parent myself it's always tough to hear news like this. RIP

We had two miscarriages before giving birth to our son. It is sadly very common - just becoming more culturally acceptable to talk about now.

Best of wishes to Karlsson and family

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Everyone knows that it's common to hear sad news everywhere; Twitter, local news, etc. When I hear it, I think to myself "that's awful" and I'll say a prayer or something small and honestly not think much else of it. When I read this today, I immediately teared up and even now, several hours later, my heart aches for this family. Anyone who's a parent knows that no one, NO ONE, deserves to feel the pain of losing a child. I don't believe there is a greater pain on this earth. The worst part is there literally is nothing anyone can say, do, etc. to ease the pain. Unbelievably tragic.

I hear ya, I'm a sensible guy and just reading the title I had tears. Good luck to his wife and him, it's just awful.

Reactions: Duck Off

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
It wasn't born yet, was it?

Damn....thats awful news

Completely irrelevant.

Our twins (one boy one girl) were born prematurely and the girl wasn't able to come home for 6+ weeks. It was never really touch and go with her but knowing there was a remote chance that she wasn't going to make it was painful; having a child not make it would be beyond any pain I have ever felt or could imagine.

Prayers to your little guy, Erik.

m.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
oh wow, this is absolutely awful. I don't even want to know what is in Erik's or Jordan's souls.

seriously, I can't think of anything worse that can happen to someone.

life totally sucks sometimes.

SENSability

Oct 13, 2017
My thoughts and prayers are with Erik and his wife. There is no greater pain than the loss of a child. God speed Little One. RIP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad