Erik Karlsson's son passes away.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
devastating. a coworker went through this. it's incredibly heartbreaking--when people say there's nothing more personally devastating than losing a child it is 100% true.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Jesus Christ, thats awful. My God. I hope he sticks with his family through these tough times. Sens are out so there's no reason why he should play

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I can't even imagine how this must feel as a new father myself. I hope they're able to get through this tough time. Sometimes life just isn't fair

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
First Jordan staal's kid, now Karlsson? What the hell
anyone who has kids knows it happens a lot. miscarriages. stillborn. infant death. far more common than those who havent been tgrough a pregnancy are aware.

and can devastating obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: EssEmmEll

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Truly heartbreaking. My condolences to Erik and every other family that has went through this.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This hit me hard...I remember watching that video where Karlsson finds out that it's a boy and he and his wife are so happy celebrating it with their friends.

It sucks for his family right now but I hope they get the support and love they need from their friends and family to pull through this.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
It always sucks to hear about stuff like that... I hope him and his family will stay strong.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
My thoughts and prayers for him and his wife . Losing a child is a tragedy, something that no parents should ever have to go through. It's not natural for any parent to leave this world after their child :(

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
My heart goes out to Karlsson and his family. This happened to a close friend of mine, he and his wife lost twins on freaking Christmas. Just hearing this kind of news takes the air right out of your lungs. In life there are certain situations that you can never be big enough, tough enough, or strong enough to be prepared for. You just do the best you can and try to move forward because it's the only choice you really have. My friend and his wife did and had a beautiful daughter about two years later. A daughter they never would have had if the twins had survived. My wife had a miscarriage that I took hard, but we wound up having twin boys a few years later. We would never have tried again had the first one made it. So it's hard to understand why if there's a God in Heaven he would let anybody go through this kind of pain, but I believe the world has a way of putting you where you were meant to be, and even if you don't ever figure out why, there's a reason for it all. Maybe there isn't any almighty or master plan and it's all just ping pong balls popping up in the hopper, who knows? It's a sad, sad time. No real words for it. I hope at some point in their lives they will try again and if they do and they have another child there will be a point when they look that one in eye and realize that they are exactly where they were meant to be and that every moment in their lives leading up to it, good or bad, was necessary for them to get there. RIP little one.

Reactions: Hulkacaniac

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
At 8 and a half months, it's almost the same as losing a newborn. My wife had a very early miscarriage before we had our children, and that was devastating enough.

My heart goes out to EK and his family.

Unfortunately, tragedy strikes good people far too often in life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad