Erik Karlsson's son passes away.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Wtf...why does this happen to hockey players so much? Coincidence?

Was driving listening to NHLN radio when Boomer and Maderaz broke the news and felt sick

Unfortunately, such tragedies also happen to many expecting parents outside the NHL. It's just not a pleasant or public conversation that many people want to divulge to people besides close family and friends.

My condolences to the Karlsson family.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Been through a stillborn son myself, it sucks so bad. RIP little man.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Shouldn’t happen to anyone. My thoughts and prayers with his family and him at this time.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Heartbreaking. Condolences to the Karlsson family and the steadfast fans of the Senators.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
First Staal now this. No condolences are every enough. You just wish things like this wouldn't happen but life can be a cruel bitch sometimes. Hope the Karlssons can find some solace after grieving.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Just awful to hear especially to such a great guy
All my prayers go out to Karlsson and his wife

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Wow, there’s not much one can say in this situation, this is the most devastating position that for any single person to ever experience. It’s extremely saddening and I send my thoughts, prayers and condolences and to Karlsson and his family. R.I.P

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
This is pretty crappy. You know, we watch these guys on the ice be super heroes in terms of playing hockey, but stuff like this is a reminder they're regular people too. They're not immune to tragedy, and what makes it worse, when you think about it, is these guys aren't even 30 yet.

It's a huge thing to an older person, who's maybe seen a little more. I can't imagine how much more of a spit storm it is for someone so young.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
My wife & I went through a miscarriage at ~12 weeks on our first pregnancy. That was devastating enough. I can't imagine how much worse it hurts when you're, what, 24 weeks? Farther? By then you're in full blown excitement because you think you've gotten past the worst of the risk...

Brr. My wife is 24 weeks now, with what would/will be our second child. I can't even.

Godspeed to the little soul. Heartache for the Karlssons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad