Speculation: Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The thing that gets me is OTT got nothing to sell to their fans. There is no building block in that deal. There's some average pieces. That's about it. If they couldn't get him to agree with an extension pre trade, why not just take the best offer, location be damned? They wanted him out of the East so bad, despite knowing how likely it is he's going to end up in TB anyway that they were willing to take back trash just to keep him out.
They've tried to prepare their fanbase for a 'rebuild', which is the word they're using. Not a 'retooling' or a 'refresh' or 'on-the-fly rebuild' or whatever. So they're selling hope instead of wins.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They've tried to prepare their fanbase for a 'rebuild', which is the word they're using. Not a 'retooling' or a 'refresh' or whatever. So they're selling hope instead of wins.

Yeah... but they have no 1st rounder. So, there's not even the silver lining of a tank.

What a terrible time to be a Sens fan. There's seriously nothing to look forward to this year. No incentive to win (unless it turns out they're secretly awesome and have a shot at a cup), no incentive to lose.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Sens get a first round pick if Karlsson plays with an Eastern Conference team at any point this season. They really don't want him in the East, shows we were against it here. Also funny because of how Murray flipped Hoffman to the east.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well we're reeling a bit too with Yzerman stepping down. I'd say the biggest thing is a) it's okay to **** on Stamkos here, and b) it's not okay to **** on Hedman.

To the topic at hand - this is the second best-case scenario for us I think. SJ doesn't really have a team that's poised to contend long-term. This could be a pure rental situation. Also, in an odd way I don't think EK makes them *that* much better. You already had Burns doing to the rover thing on the blueline. So pairing EK with Vlasic - do you use them as a shutdown pair? Eh - that's not really EK's game. And it's an old team, so it's *possible* he still goes to FA. Also, he's out West.

Except when he shoots wide.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel scorned at the altar. Meanwhile I see a hoard of Sens fans coming with gas to burn down the church. f*** you Melnyk. For everything you've done to Ottawa and making this whole thing personal

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Ottawa gets an extra 1st if SJ flips him to the East. That makes me believe Ottawa believes EK wants to play in the East. I think you guys are getting him for free in FA next year.

Reactions: DaBolts

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Former sens fan coming in peace, TBL was my 2nd favorite team for a while now, and have now become team #1, what do I need to know ?

1. We are having a hard time figuring out what to do with all the Yzlamic churches. All input is welcome
2. Buy our shit
3. Jon Cooper is solely at fault for the 4 years we did not win the Cup
4. Stay away from Hose, he'll get you to fight with your own shadow when he's done with you
5. Buy our shit some more
6. You are now in charge of building the shrine to Karlsson so that he may grace us next year
7. The eye of Sauron may or may not still be watching at all times now that Yzerman has a new role
8. You now vociferously hate Detroit, like 100x more than you usually did
9. Park by Whiting St or directly across the arena and you're good to go
10. Hate Jon Cooper some more

Welcome expansion bro! Have a complementary Kucherov jersey!

Actually nevermind we ran out. Do you like Ryan Callahan???

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
1. We are having a hard time figuring out what to do with all the Yzlamic churches. All input is welcome
2. Buy our ****
3. Jon Cooper is solely at fault for the 4 years we did not win the Cup
4. Stay away from Hose, he'll get you to fight with your own shadow when he's done with you
5. Buy our **** some more
6. You are now in charge of building the shrine to Karlsson so that he may grace us next year
7. The eye of Sauron may or may not still be watching at all times now that Yzerman has a new role
8. You now vociferously hate Detroit, like 100x more than you usually did
9. Park by Whiting St or directly across the arena and you're good to go
10. Hate Jon Cooper some more

Welcome expansion bro! Have a complementary Kucherov jersey!

Actually nevermind we ran out. Do you like Ryan Callahan???

From an outside perspective I though Cooper did good, but you guys would know better, looking at buying a TBL flag and already hate Detroit so we good. I'll take any jersey I can get.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Canadian media is going pretty crazy, for those interested, saying Ottawa held out too long trying to include Ryan in the deal, and this is what they got stuck with. Well, by "Canadian Media," I mean the two shows I've tuned into so far.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
From an outside perspective I though Cooper did good, but you guys would know better, looking at buying a TBL flag and already hate Detroit so we good. I'll take any jersey I can get.

Cooper is getting as predictable as Gruden.

I know, let's trade 2 1st round picks to the Raiders for Gruden again so he can coach the Bolts!:sarcasm::naughty:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Melnyk thought it was hard to make money with this team before... good luck now. I always get their jerseys confused for the Panthers, and now I'm gonna get their arena confused too.

Those fans had families dammit! I tell you Ottawa's been burned enough!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

To be honest I'm just reflecting the fanbase here. A few wanted him sacked after 2 games last year, 2 games into the ECF and then an unholy uproar after losing to the Caps.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Thanks, hows the ownership and the new GM anything I have to worry about ? :P
Ownership is probably as good as any in any sport and the new GM is stellar as well. Worked side-by-side with Yzerman for all 8 years prior. Cooper gets a little bit of grief for not bringing the Cup home with the talent we have but he's done a pretty good job overall. Biggest concern I have about our team is cleaning up that sloppy penalty kill. Most of the year it was hot garbage. Hopefully getting rid of Rick Bowness fixes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad