Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop7

Jun 7, 2010
If the Sens decide to send their pick this year to Colorado and really embrace the rebuild, would they be willing to work out a Karlsson trade with Vancouver?

-To Van: Karlsson, Ryan

-To Ottawa: 7th overall pick, Jake Virtanen, Ben Hutton, 2019 2nd

Something like that work?

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
If the Sens decide to send their pick this year to Colorado and really embrace the rebuild, would they be willing to work out a Karlsson trade with Vancouver?

They want players that can play right now with some $ and term. Gudbranson, Tanev, Horvat would be targets.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Patrick O'Sullivan? Nice source. :laugh:

Exactly. Lives up to his initials.

I remember one Oilers Halloween party POS and his GF went as a cowboy and Pocahontas, so Tom Gilbert decided to also go as Pocahontas and just follow them around. POS complained about it like a little baby. Dude has zero sense of humour. How the hell did he get on a podcast?

Jan 21, 2018

lol 7th overall and spare parts doesn't get you Karlsson even if you take on Ryan. He's not getting moved without 2-3 1st/top prospects in the package.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Any trade offers involving Karlsson better include Bobby Ryan because that's how Melnyk operates.

So Karlsson's value will be greatly reduced.

Reactions: amethyst

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Melnyk can convince himslef and others to swap Karlsson for Dumba. Dumba's youth, exciting style, position, and the fact that OTT can probably sign him for about 40% of what Karlsson would want, would make him at least a possibility.

I do think, if OTT decides to move Karlsson, or Karlsson lets them know that he won't re-sign, that it is better that they get a player like Dumba than a bunch of pieces.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
:canes
Erik Karlsson
Bobby Ryan

:sens
Noah Hanifin
Elias Lindholm
Lucas Wallmark
2019 1st
We'll just keep Ryan, doesn't make a ton or sense to deal him if we're rebuilding.

I think if it's Carolina we trade with we'd target Hanifin, Skinner and #2. I know Canes fans won't like #2 being in there but reality is we need good young players and high picks if we're trading a franchise right handed Dman. Given the trades our GM has pulled off in the last couple of years my expectations are we get a 7th and a cap dump (who makes less than their cap hit) and we'll justify it because it's a "deep draft"

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We'll just keep Ryan, doesn't make a ton or sense to deal him if we're rebuilding.

I think if it's Carolina we trade with we'd target Hanifin, Skinner and #2. I know Canes fans won't like #2 being in there but reality is we need good young players and high picks if we're trading a franchise right handed Dman. Given the trades our GM has pulled off in the last couple of years my expectations are we get a 7th and a cap dump (who makes less than their cap hit) and we'll justify it because it's a "deep draft"
If Melnyk is really trying to run at the cap floor and stockpile picks for a rebuild, then keeping Ryan's contract helps the Sens get to the floor and he can get more assets for Karlsson if he is dealt alone.

Of course, the fact that Hoffman was traded for warm bodies and not picks, suggests that the Sens are serious about signing EK and want to compete. This fact won't stop the spin machine from predicting the worst case scenario for the Sens though.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Fair enough - I hate when people put Darling into proposals to devalue a Canes asset so I understand the sentiment.

#2 is a no-go for me, but I can understand why that would be the ask. Canes are probably too cheap to pass up the huge savings with Svechnikov on an ELC vs. Karlsson's $10+ million.

Jan 21, 2018
Nylander
25th
Gardiner
B prospect of your choosing.

Gards can be flipped for an additional 1st + prospects.

Dorion took a cap dump over a 2nd because he didn't want to trade Hoffman in division. You actually think he'd trade Karlsson to Toronto? Only way that happens is if Doug Wilson acquires Karlsson first...

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Dorion took a cap dump over a 2nd because he didn't want to trade Hoffman in division. You actually think he'd trade Karlsson to Toronto? Only way that happens is if Doug Wilson acquires Karlsson first...

I don't think he took a cap dump not to trade in the division. Tallon said they talked and couldn't reach an agreement. I also don't think Dorion viewed Boedker as a cap dump.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
If Melnyk is really trying to run at the cap floor and stockpile picks for a rebuild, then keeping Ryan's contract helps the Sens get to the floor and he can get more assets for Karlsson if he is dealt alone.

Of course, the fact that Hoffman was traded for warm bodies and not picks, suggests that the Sens are serious about signing EK and want to compete. This fact won't stop the spin machine from predicting the worst case scenario for the Sens though.
My proposal provides the Sens with 3 players who are all likely on our roster next year. Also our 4th and a prospect or two probable make it. That's a turnover of like 5-6 players and would make an immense impact on our depth.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
My proposal provides the Sens with 3 players who are all likely on our roster next year. Also our 4th and a prospect or two probable make it. That's a turnover of like 5-6 players and would make an immense impact on our depth.
Wasn't commenting on your proposal, just pointing out the fallacy in the Ryan must be attached to any EK trade narrative.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
What around Nylander for Karlsson? Leafs obviously would re-sign him after the trade as well.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
He won’t resign and his baggage make his value shit. So.....

To Rangers EK

To Ottawa Skjei
A late first this year
Choice of one LD prospect

Him and Lundqvist are very tight. Remember that!!!

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

We’re not rebuilding, we’re trying to save money...

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Nylander
25th
Gardiner
B prospect of your choosing.

Gards can be flipped for an additional 1st + prospects.

no thanks, im hanging on to nylander, plus there is a lot of drama surrounding Karlson that I dont want in our dressing room, great player but I think ottawa ruined him.

i see no scenerio where he is back. They have to move him, it wil be a circus next year. as much as alfredson made me hate ottawa I feel bad for the kids of ottawa who will be losing thier idol. that part sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad