Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yep,it makes the most sense...If Ottawa was totally gassing the team ,then why wouldnt you either wait for EK to be moved first.Or second take just draft picks for him,then take cap dumps from cap starved teams to gain the floor for even more picks....

Instead of trading away an issue, for a decent LW albeit slightly overpaid with some term..And giving up picks,this trade makes no sense otherwise....PD may come off as kinda inexperienced ,but nobody would do this deal if there wasnt more attached to it

Karlsson isn't going to re-sign imo...apparently him and Hoffman are both pieces of shit that are disliked in the locker room according to Patrick O'Sullivan's podcast.

Time for the sens to just move past this bad episode and rid themselves of the toxicity

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Karlsson isn't going to re-sign imo...apparently him and Hoffman are both pieces of **** that are disliked in the locker room according to Patrick O'Sullivan's podcast.

Time for the sens to just move past this bad episode and rid themselves of the toxicity

He said Hoffman was disliked. Didn’t say anything about Karlsson.

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Karlsson isn't going to re-sign imo...apparently him and Hoffman are both pieces of **** that are disliked in the locker room according to Patrick O'Sullivan's podcast.

wait really? LOL if Karlsson is also a locker room cancer... that's the drama we need!

Honestly from the sounds of it Ottawa management only appeases to Karlsson only and it's not surprising if it festered into a toxic locker room environment. Don't they know appeasement never works ;)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Reactions: gab6511

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
To clarify I guess:

NYIslesFan90‏ @NYIFan90 11h11 hours ago
Replying to @realPOSULLIVAN
it wasn’t Karlsson who was disliked... like I said
It’s both
Karlsson and Hoffman are both disliked or Hoffman and the girlfriend?
Players

I'm sure that most teams in the NHL have a few players with lousy personalities. Some really trashy people have led their teams to a Cup.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't know about all this. I was watching the NHL Network last week and Weekes was saying that Karlsson was well-liked in the hockey community and has friends on every team in every NHL city. Karlsson has always seem grounded and has seemed to continuously be accessible for charity and PR functions. I'm not saying Hoffman wasn't - this is more in response to the suggestion that "Karlsson wasn't liked by his teammates", which seems completely out of left field. One thing is for sure - Turris and Hammond's wives had no problem coming out and defending the Karlssons in this case.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't know about all this. I was watching the NHL Network last week and Weekes was saying that Karlsson was well-liked in the hockey community and has friends on every team in every NHL city. Karlsson has always seem grounded and has seemed to continuously be accessible for charity and PR functions. I'm not saying Hoffman wasn't - this is more in response to the suggestion that "Karlsson wasn't liked by his teammates", which seems completely out of left field. One thing is for sure - Turris and Hammond's wives had no problem coming out and defending the Karlssons in this case.

I don't remember them defending the Karlssons unless I missed something. I remember them directly defending Melinda Currey.

This is usually how stories get twisted, small details like these keep getting changed and lead to something completely different.

Facts:
- Patrick O'Sullivan said Karlsson and Hoffman are disliked in the locker room.
- Hammond + Turris wives defended Melinda (by name too) on Twitter

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't remember them defending the Karlssons unless I missed something. I remember them directly defending Melinda Currey.

This is usually how stories get twisted, small details like these keep getting changed and lead to something completely different.

Facts:
- Patrick O'Sullivan said Karlsson and Hoffman are disliked in the locker room.
- Hammond + Turris wives defended Melinda (by name too) on Twitter

Isn't she Karlsson's wife?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Isn't she Karlsson's wife?

Yes. But women and men are equal and they're two different people, so her being his wife is irrelevant. Just because you defend one person doesn't mean you're defending the other. The two wives mentioned Melinda by name and didn't mention Erik.

Extreme example, but you can say you feel bad for Hitler's descendants who all made a pact to end the family line because of everything he did. That doesn't mean you feel bad for Adolf Hitler himself.

That being said...it is being reported that Erik isn't well liked in the locker room either. That doesn't apply to Melinda just like her being defended doesn't apply to Erik because she took the brunt of the abuse.

Anyways...I don't see Erik re-signing in Ottawa, just too much negativity this past year for him. Time to move on I suppose, but who knows.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think Glass is part of a deal
Glass won't be moving. First ever franchise pick and still very promising to take Haula's spot in the coming years and maybe even the 1C spot depending on how he develops. Suzuki is good as well but I think Vegas is more willing to part with him. Suzuki probably has the higher upside but his play style makes him a riskier pick to properly make the transition to the NHL. He has higher upside assuming he can make that transition but Glass seems like the type to become a 2C at the very least almost guaranteed. And yeah Karlsson is worth more than that but there's still that element that Glass was a historic pick.

Plus reports were that Karlsson didn't get moved to Vegas at the deadline cause Vegas wouldn't move Glass. I don't know how verifiable that claim is but I could believe it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Glass won't be moving. First ever franchise pick and still very promising to take Haula's spot in the coming years and maybe even the 1C spot depending on how he develops. Suzuki is good as well but I think Vegas is more willing to part with him. Suzuki probably has the higher upside but his play style makes him a riskier pick to properly make the transition to the NHL. He has higher upside assuming he can make that transition but Glass seems like the type to become a 2C at the very least almost guaranteed. And yeah Karlsson is worth more than that but there's still that element that Glass was a historic pick.

Plus reports were that Karlsson didn't get moved to Vegas at the deadline cause Vegas wouldn't move Glass. I don't know how verifiable that claim is but I could believe it.

I could see it too, especially since the last time your GM gave up a top prospect he got burned trading Forsberg for Erat

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I wonder if Colorado would make a logical landing point for EK. They have one of Ottawa's 1st rounders that's going to be a high pick. Ottawa likes getting NHL players back in deals and Colorado has shopped Barrie in the past. I wonder if something around that 1st and Barrie would get a conversation started.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Yes. But women and men are equal and they're two different people, so her being his wife is irrelevant. Just because you defend one person doesn't mean you're defending the other. The two wives mentioned Melinda by name and didn't mention Erik.

Extreme example, but you can say you feel bad for Hitler's descendants who all made a pact to end the family line because of everything he did. That doesn't mean you feel bad for Adolf Hitler himself.

That being said...it is being reported that Erik isn't well liked in the locker room either. That doesn't apply to Melinda just like her being defended doesn't apply to Erik because she took the brunt of the abuse.

Anyways...I don't see Erik re-signing in Ottawa, just too much negativity this past year for him. Time to move on I suppose, but who knows.
Couples/families are very often treated as a unit. Especially in regards to reputation

If Karlsson was disliked, it would be weird for people to only come to their side’s defense

Not that its impossible he is disliked... but like said before by another, he is well known for having friends across the league

One person claiming he was disliked seems like a little light on the evidence against to start thinking he was disliked.

If he didnt already have a reputation of being liked in general, or if more came out to corraborate that, then perhaps. Otherwise, seems sort of preemptive to rely on that singular claim

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Edmonton is desperate enough to offer a package like Puuljujarvi, Klefbom, 2019 first rounder, 2018 2nd rounder and a decent prospect like Bear or Jones. I'd bet another team would offer even more. I could definitely see St. Louis, NYR, Minnesota and Philly all making huge pitches for Karlsson. Those teams are always in the mix. The below returns would be for Karlsson willing to sign long term with the receiving club.

Coyle, Zucker and Dumba
Couturier and Provorov
Schwartz, Fabbri and Edmundson
You're dreaming about the Wild trade. Even if MN was onboard with trading all that( we're talking about 150 pts, with Coyle having a down year), OTT would be getting about 14-15M in salary coming back once Zucker and Dumba were signed. You really think Melnyk is going for that?

There is no point in MN trading for Karlsson if they strip themselves of production in other places. Dumba, a good prospect( i.e. greenway of Kunin)and a 1st I can see, and I Would bet Melnyk would do a little dance at the money he would be saving.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Ahaha, Patrick O'Sullivan...

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I wanna start laughing at proposals to make the day go by - and then, as always, I want to slink back when the trade happens and it's worse than people have proposed and cry tears of sadness. Let's do it! :damnpc:

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I wonder if Colorado would make a logical landing point for EK. They have one of Ottawa's 1st rounders that's going to be a high pick. Ottawa likes getting NHL players back in deals and Colorado has shopped Barrie in the past. I wonder if something around that 1st and Barrie would get a conversation started.

Sakic has no need to move that pick with what is happening in Ottawa. If Ottawa wants their 2019 pick back they can give us the 4th OA pick this year.

Plus Barrie with no baggage can fetch Colorado a good return on his own. With no guarantees that Karlsson would resign here there is too much risk.

Sure Colorado will be happy to hold on to their prospects, barrie and the 2019 OTT pick for the time being. We are still rebuilding. If we were a EK away from cup chasing maybe.. But we are not. We have no 2nd line ATM.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->