Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If the Leafs truly wanted to land Karlsson they would have to overpay more than any other team in the league, that's a given.

Don't fool yourselves... the Leafs START with Nylander, Kapanen and Dermott.

It's the only chance they have to seeing a core of Matthews, Marner, Karlsson and Rielly for the next 7 years.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Dorion wouldn't trade Hoffman in division you really think he's going to trade the face of their franchise to their provincial rival? :laugh:
LOL and didn't pretty much the entire hockey world rip him for that stupid decision? Just because you do something stupid once doesn't mean you keep doing that same thing again

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
If the Leafs truly wanted to land Karlsson they would have to overpay more than any other team in the league, that's a given.

It's the only chance they have to seeing a core of Matthews, Marner, Karlsson and Rielly for the next 7 years.

LMFAO...no chance the Leafs would just sign him then. And what team is offering anything close to that???

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017

id rather keep our guys then bring that drama in

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
As a Vegas fan I'm actually secretly hoping that Ryan is involved in a deal to bring Karlsson over as long as Ottawa retains about $2m of the deal. I know Melnyk is trying to save on costs but they still have to get to the cap floor so maybe it's not out of the question. As for Ryan, I know his injury history but at $5.25 I think he would be a pretty decent risk to take for a team that he would fit into nicely. Even if we didn't want to keep him, we could turn him around (maybe retain even more of the salary) and maybe get something decent for a package that he's a part of.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Dermott is not available in a trade package for the best dman in the world??? Bizarre world we live in.

There's a vocal contingent of Leafs fans who think Dermott is going to be the best defenseman out of 2015 draft (you know, the one with Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski, etc.), so, yeah...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
LOL and didn't pretty much the entire hockey world rip him for that stupid decision? Just because you do something stupid once doesn't mean you keep doing that same thing again
If you dont think trading Karlsson to the leafs is stupid from the sens point if view its pretty ironic to call someone else stupid.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
If you dont think trading Karlsson to the leafs is stupid from the sens point if view its pretty ironic to call someone else stupid.

Not that big a deal if he's a pending UFA, Leafs and Sens are at very different stages of contention next year. Same thing as the Plekanac trade or Phaneuf two years ago

d0wn70wn

Dec 26, 2017
Don't think it makes sense for Ottawa to trade Ryan in a Karlsson deal. If they trade EK they need to maximize return to set up their rebuild as best as possible. Including Ryan would severely undercut their pick/prospect/young-roster-player haul.

Selfishily - as Isles fan - wish we could pull off a trade for EK. Has legit price been set at all? I imagine it would be combo of picks/prospects/young-roster-players. How would 2018 #11, 2018 #41, Ryan Pulock look?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Don't think it makes sense for Ottawa to trade Ryan in a Karlsson deal. If they trade EK they need to maximize return to set up their rebuild as best as possible. Including Ryan would severely undercut their pick/prospect/young-roster-player haul.

Selfishily - as Isles fan - wish we could pull off a trade for EK. Has legit price been set at all? I imagine it would be combo of picks/prospects/young-roster-players. How would 2018 #11, 2018 #41, Ryan Pulock look?

That offer is disgusting. Absolutely terrible. Try 11 and 12, 41, Leddy and Ho Sang.

d0wn70wn

Dec 26, 2017
That offer is disgusting. Absolutely terrible. Try 11 and 12, 41, Leddy and Ho Sang.

No need to be mean about it. I figured it would need to add a 1st rounder. So you'd want to add the #12 and swap Leddy in for Pulock and add Ho-Sang who some think has negative value and may be gone under Lou anyway? Sounds good to me. Saves more salary that way and makes the team infinitely better immediately.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
No need to be mean about it. I figured it would need to add a 1st rounder. So you'd want to add the #12 and swap Leddy in for Pulock and add Ho-Sang who some think has negative value and may be gone under Lou anyway? Sounds good to me. Saves more salary that way and makes the team infinitely better immediately.

Sorry for being mean.

Just, you know, being a Sens fan right now is frustrating lol. Just to be clear, I still don't make that deal if I'm Ottawa. He's one of the best dmen of all time and any trade Ottawa makes with him, they will lose.

d0wn70wn

Dec 26, 2017
Sorry for being mean.

Just, you know, being a Sens fan right now is frustrating lol. Just to be clear, I still don't make that deal if I'm Ottawa. He's one of the best dmen of all time and any trade Ottawa makes with him, they will lose.

Yea I get it. I've had Leafs fans all over JT for the last 12 months. Stressful.

Reactions: Sensung and Daffy

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Yea I get it. I've had Leafs fans all over JT for the last 12 months. Stressful.

I like the Isles. I want them to do well. Really hope you guys keep Tavares. What top F prospects do you have that could be included instead of Ho Sang?

d0wn70wn

Dec 26, 2017
I like the Isles. I want them to do well. Really hope you guys keep Tavares. What top F prospects do you have that could be included instead of Ho Sang?

Kieffer Bellows (wing) is the guy Ottawa should want from the Isles farm. Brian Bellow's son. 19th overall in 2016. But Ho-Sang would have no problem stepping onto the roster right now (he's like .5 ppg so far for Isles when they play him). And honestly Ho-Sang said it last year - why was he not on the team when the whole team can't defend? It made no sense. He needs to learn to shut up, but in his defense the Snow-show was BS to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad