Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Hey, no worries here man, keep him because with all the butt hurt going in the Senators organization, no GM is gonna pay remotely near what Karlsson is worth now, and with reports of him requesting a trade now, ball is completely out of Ottawa’s hands now
Keep him where? I'm not a Sens fan FFS. Did you even read what I wrote.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Hey, no worries here man, keep him because with all the butt hurt going in the Senators organization, no GM is gonna pay remotely near what Karlsson is worth now, and with reports of him requesting a trade now, ball is completely out of Ottawa’s hands now

BTW Ferraro tweeted out that he never said that Karlsson had requested a trade

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Except it's not. Every team in the league easily tops what you're offering.

It's so terrible I don't even know where to begin.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
People do understand that a sign and trade can involve permission to speak with the player to gauge interest and ballpark contract details right? If Ottawa gave Calgary permission to speak to Karlsson and he agrees to sign a 10-11M x 7 or 8 years with them, then there is no way in hell that Hamilton gets you anywhere close to Karlsson. I do agree that Monahan+Hamilton is too much because it leave Calgary with the worst centre depth in the NHL, but you better believe there would be significant +'s on Hamilton to acquire Karlsson in this scenario. We're talking 1st round pick + Valimaki or 2 of Valimaki, Fox, Andersson, Kylington.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
It's a freaking terrible offer lol. And neither of us are Sens fans.
I don’t think it’s terrible, Gaudette or kind are gonna be solid 200 foot players, Diepetro is gonna be a stud, just not as far along as Demko due to age. Also, A top ten draft pick this year for a team who has to rebuild in a solid draft and no money retained to pick up any free agents they want, may not be the best offer, but those days are gone now, Karlsson has requested a trade, the teams all over the news for the wrong reasons, sounds like managements hands are starting to be tied

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
My bad, must have read it wrong then, b/c it sounded to me like a signed EK for Hamilton wouldn't be enough for CGY fans.
I'm sure there are a couple of FLames fans that wouldn't give him up even signed 1 for 1 but 99% of Flames fans would jump all over it.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I don’t think it’s terrible, Gaudette or kind are gonna be solid 200 foot players, Diepetro is gonna be a stud, just not as far along as Demko due to age. Also, A top ten draft pick this year for a team who has to rebuild in a solid draft and no money retained to pick up any free agents they want, may not be the best offer, but those days are gone now, Karlsson has requested a trade, the teams all over the news for the wrong reasons, sounds like managements hands are starting to be tied

Hands tied or not there’s still going to be a bidding war

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011

Karlsson is the best dmen in the league and that Ottawa 1st could be 1st overall....idc how good Lind and Gaudette are they dont come close when we are talking about those two pieces

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Karlsson is the best dmen in the league and that Ottawa 1st could be 1st overall....idc how good Lind and Gaudette are they dont come close when we are talking about those two pieces
I agree he is the best DMan, however, I don’t think he’s gonna want to stay in Ottawa after all that’s gone on lately, I think the time to capitalize on his trade value has passed, after July 1st he walks, clock is ticking

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
I agree he is the best DMan, however, I don’t think he’s gonna want to stay in Ottawa after all that’s gone on lately, I think the time to capitalize on his trade value has passed, after July 1st he walks, clock is ticking

I agree with you here but there will be a team that can beat that offer quite easily

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
My question for Ottawa if the Pick of Damacles were returned from Colorado in a package for Karlson would it's extra use for the Sens being able to wallow in their own crapulence OR would the admission of a loss on the Duchene trade make them avoid that deal to save face?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the Sens were to ask the Sharks to take Bobby Ryan without retention to also get Erik Karlsson, I think the Sharks would probably end up throwing back Justin Braun and Mikkel Boedker to start with then future assets like Kevin Labanc, Dylan DeMelo or Tim Heed, and then a certain collection of draft picks like the #21 and another 1st or a 2nd being conditional on Karlsson re-signing. I'm not sure but if Ottawa is conscious about their money, Mikkel Boedker would be a good acquisition for them with him making 3 mil in salary on a 4 mil cap figure.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
Ill prob get roasted by all leaf haters

Leafs:
Karlsson

Ottawa:
Nylander
2018 1st
2019 first
Bracco

Or

Gardner
2018 1st and second
Borgmen/Rosen
2019 2nd

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
What incentive does Ottawa have to move Karlsson for rental value in the summer when he'll have at least the same value at the trade deadline and will have helped lower the value of the pick the Avs hold?

The only way the Sens move Karlsson this summer is if he agrees to sign with the team he is being moved to. A signed Karlsson is one of the most valuable assets in the league.

In summary, please take your lowball offers and stick them where the sun don't shine.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
What incentive does Ottawa have to move Karlsson for rental value in the summer when he'll have at least the same value at the trade deadline and will have helped lower the value of the pick the Avs hold?

The only way the Sens move Karlsson this summer is if he agrees to sign with the team he is being moved to. A signed Karlsson is one of the most valuable assets in the league.

In summary, please take your lowball offers and stick them where the sun don't shine.
Aaaaaaand why is he going to sign? Who ever lands him is going to pay for what he is, a 1yr superstar rental. Thats 1st+top prospect+roster player.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This is a bit of a ridiculous trade proposal as Karlsson is not agreeing to a sign and trade with Ottawa. The Ottawa ownership is #@$ing over the team. Why is Karlsson agreeing to do them a huge favor that: a) limits how much he makes; and b) limits what teams he can choose to go to.

This deal also totally ravages Calgary's centre depth. So in order for them to make this trade, they basically need to sign Tavares....which is also a fantasy at this point.

So this trade exists in a fantasy land where Karlsson re-signs and Tavares signs in Calgary. So in fantasy land, I agree with it. In reality, it's not happening.
You are looking at the situation ass backwards.

Why do the Sens agree to move Karlsson now for a rental price when they can easily get equal value at the TDL?

The ONLY way the Sens agree to a deal at this time is if EK has agreed to an extension with the team involved in the transaction.

A signed EK is worth a boatload of talent. Monahan and Hamilton +

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Aaaaaaand why is he going to sign? Who ever lands him is going to pay for what he is, a 1yr superstar rental. Thats 1st+top prospect+roster player.
Because he has agreed to be traded to a team he wants to sign with and wants to help them win the cup this year.

At the trade deadline he will be worth at least that much and ONLY if he's indicated he will be testing free agency. If he's willing to sign with a team as part of the deal, his value goes way up, even at the deadline. Especially if he's willing to sign with more than one team and a bidding war ensues.

So again I say, why would the Sens take a low ball offer now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad