Erik Karlsson Megathread (All Proposals, Discussion, Speculation, and Rumors) [MOD 3470]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
This is a bit of a ridiculous trade proposal as Karlsson is not agreeing to a sign and trade with Ottawa. The Ottawa ownership is #@$ing over the team. Why is Karlsson agreeing to do them a huge favor that: a) limits how much he makes; and b) limits what teams he can choose to go to.

This deal also totally ravages Calgary's centre depth. So in order for them to make this trade, they basically need to sign Tavares....which is also a fantasy at this point.

So this trade exists in a fantasy land where Karlsson re-signs and Tavares signs in Calgary. So in fantasy land, I agree with it. In reality, it's not happening.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but this morning TSN had a facebook post stating EK has officially requested a trade, but seems to have been taken down since.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Maybe, however, Brock is a stud and according to the team, “an untouchable “ so it won’t happen. I would do Karlsson+Ryan+2019 1st for 2018 1st+Tanev+Hutton+Gaudette/Lind and Diepetro

I don’t know enough about those prospects to accept a deal but just so you know we don’t have a 2019 1 st

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
I don’t know enough about those prospects to accept a deal but just so you know we don’t have a 2019 1 st
I did not know that. Take a peak at reports of top 100 or 50 (can’t remember which) NHL prospects, It’s been said by quite a few that the Nucks have one of if not the best prospect pool, they have 5 players on the list including the#1 overall. I honestly think Van may be the best fit for a trade,let me know what you think

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Maybe, however, Brock is a stud and according to the team, “an untouchable “ so it won’t happen. I would do Karlsson+Ryan+2019 1st for 2018 1st+Tanev+Hutton+Gaudette/Lind and Diepetro
What an absolutely horrible offer. Two best pieces are the one Ottawa gives up, and the gap between them and the most valuable Nucks piece is Grand Canyon like in size.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Your first statement is true. The Sens will never get an equivalent talent to Karlsson in return. But you're contradicting yourself with your second statement. It's true that they're looking at 3-4 lesser pieces than what Karlsson is worth in return, but you're also stating the best the Sens will get is Hamilton straight up. Hamilton IS one of those substantially lesser pieces. There's zero chance Ottawa would need to settle for just him alone. If Hamilton is the base, be prepared to include at least one more significant piece in the deal.

I agree Hamilton is a lesser piece, no arguments here. But the reason why I argue the value is there for Ottawa, is because Hamilton is an elite scoring dman in the NHL, he's young enough to fit Ottawa's rebuild, he makes the kind of money they would be comfortable with, and he is likely to be among the highest quality pieces that would be offered to the Sens.

I would include Jankowski, but that is the most I would go. I think Dougie will have some 60pt seasons in his very near future.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
What an absolutely horrible offer. Two best pieces are the one Ottawa gives up, and the gap between them and the most valuable Nucks piece is Grand Canyon like in size.
Good luck trading Ryan without retaining which is what I proposed, Ottawa will have to pay if taking Ryan is still a must

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
And I’m sending some good prospects back your way plus’s a #7 draft pick this year and at 7 your getting a great prospect

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
I'm not a Sens fan. Your offer is so laughably bad it boggles the mind. What do Sens need Tanev for? Ben Hutton? :laugh:
Hey, no worries here man, keep him because with all the butt hurt going in the Senators organization, no GM is gonna pay remotely near what Karlsson is worth now, and with reports of him requesting a trade now, ball is completely out of Ottawa’s hands now

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011

Terrible offer...way worse than his Boeser + 1st offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad