Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread IV - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dallas might have to reconsider getting Karlsson, since by getting Methot they already fixed a huge cap in their defense, but at the same time they have lost a lot of their scoring from the previous years. Karlsson with Methot is a strong pair, and this could bring them back the missing offense without losing too much of the defense.

At the last trade deadline Vegas GM was ready to throw fortunes to get EK (~2-3 first round picks + Ryan + high prospects). If Dallas and Tampa can't find the change, Vegas is the team that will most likely pick him up before the next deadline, just because why not.

I think what gives Vegas the upper hand is taking Ryan. However Dallas and TB can also find a home for him too. Just not on their own teams. Problem is finding that 3rd team and making them happy too. Could be too complicated since TB also needs to find somebody to take one of their own contracts. Although I think a team would take a guy like Coburn for cheap. Still a serviceable guy and isnt expensive. Still think he will go to Vegas or Dal in the end. Dont think SY wants to give up Serg. Also dont think Ottawa really wants to trade him to a division rival.

Reactions: Aurinko

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Dallas might have to reconsider getting Karlsson, since by getting Methot they already fixed a huge cap in their defense, but at the same time they have lost a lot of their scoring from the previous years. Karlsson with Methot is a strong pair, and this could bring them back the missing offense without losing too much of the defense.

At the last trade deadline Vegas GM was ready to throw fortunes to get EK (~2-3 first round picks + Ryan + high prospects). If Dallas and Tampa can't find the change, Vegas is the team that will most likely pick him up before the next deadline, just because why not.
Dallas will get scoring back when they don't play spezza on the forth line . They already have a great offensive dman so if they did get karlsson it would be deadly but I don't think they really need him

Reactions: Aurinko

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Are there really buyers in Ottawa though? They'd be buying a team with a lot of debt and low fan interest, along with arena issues.

It’s been well known for years that there are parties interested in purchasing the Senators. The arena issues really aren’t much of an issue, especially when you factor in the LeBreton Flats project. There’s plenty of fan interest and the debt you reference is pretty much a standard practice in big business. Did the debt on Carolina prevent a purchase?

But please continue to pretend like you know what the f*** you are talking about.

Reactions: Revan

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It’s been well known for years that there are parties interested in purchasing the Senators. The arena issues really aren’t much of an issue, especially when you factor in the LeBreton Flats project. There’s plenty of fan interest and the debt you reference is pretty much a standard practice in big business. Did the debt on Carolina prevent a purchase?

But please continue to pretend like you know what the **** you are talking about.
oh please, even if you know more than I do about this, we both know next to nothing.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Wasn't ever proven, but okay. :laugh:

Karlsson's certainly been through a lot, but the media in Montreal is far more vicious than whoever writes about hockey in Ottawa. Garrioch, I guess? That blogger who sandbagged Alfredsson?

Doesn't need to be proven to have an effect on his mindset. It was apparently serious enough for them to get a restraining order.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Doesn't need to be proven to have an effect on his mindset. It was apparently serious enough for them to get a restraining order.

So I've heard.

I've also heard, though, that Hoffman's fiancee filed an order with the Ontario courts for them to release what information, exactly, EK's wife has on her (if any) to justify the restraining order, or if the whole thing was fabricated. There must be something tying Caryk to all this besides hearsay, which I don't think would stand up in court.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I don't understand why this is taking so long. You'd think they would have already gotten their best offer and anything the rest of the off-season will be lower then what was offered before.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Daily check in. What's up guys?
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

A whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing. Did confirm that a deal was never really close. Which means (IMO) someone used Simmer to leak a deal was close to try and spark someone to do something. Real scummy.

Rundown for others:

Wouldn't mind being in Ottawa, though not under current situation, but waiting out a sale is not likely. Ottawa wants Ryan to be a part of the deal. If he goes to TB with extension, it won't be for Doughty money. If he goes to DAL it'd be as a rental. Vegas might have more interest in Stone over Karlsson. Offers aren't there for OTT to make them pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad