Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread II - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
I personally don’t think it’s worth it then. We have McLeod, Anderson, and Speers fighting for roster spots this year. I’d rather see if one of them can slot into the second line before taking on a cap dump. Plus Center isn’t as much of a weakness as defense right now. Better off using our assets to trade for a defender to me.

Statistically, the Top 2 centers (Hischier, Zacha) are rated the worst 1-2 Center combination in the league, mostly because of Zacha, who really should be playing Left Wing. Tyler Johnson would be a major upgrade. McLeod can play 3LW along Zajac and whoever the 3RW will be between Bratt/Anderson. Speers has fallen off the map TBH.

Devils need more scoring, plain and simple.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Not Rielly?
Comparable quality of competition unlike the easier minutes that Karlsson enjoys. Not as prolific of a goal scorer though and not as good of a hitter. Rielly is still only 24. Give him some time

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Still thinking it comes back to Vegas

If hes not on the Sens id love to see him in a Golden Knights jersey - Karlsson to Karlsson

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just looking at Cap Friendly the first 7 Forwards all with NMC or NTC total 43,800

Doesn’t include Point or Gourde, any D or G.

I’m sure that they Yzerman can do his magic and get them all to fit

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Ranked 116th in the league for minutes among defensemen. Do you make this up as you go?

That sounds like he plays the second unit PK? Like, leaguewide in a 31 team league, defensemen 1 through 62 in SHTOI are likely first unit PK, 63 through 124 are second unit?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
TOI literally doesn't have anything to do with what I said. I'm not making up anything. Your the one who said he doesn't play on the PK.
Hardly anything
Doughty is ranked 14th on the PK. He is ranked 6th for quality of completion at ES vs 91. He only has 2 less points than Karlsson. His possession numbers are better.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Ranked 116th in the league for minutes among defensemen. Do you make this up as you go?

You have played a bit of D, so you'd know who the good defensemen are. However, you are a massive Leafs homer with an anti-Karlsson agenda. Why do you choose this path in life? Do you look like your Wendell avatar all the time, just more red-faced?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
That sounds like he plays the second unit PK? Like, leaguewide in a 31 team league, defensemen 1 through 62 in SHTOI are likely first unit PK, 63 through 124 are second unit?
My statement was that Doughty is the best defenseman in the league. He is used in all situations, not just to score

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Statistically, the Top 2 centers (Hischier, Zacha) are rated the worst 1-2 Center combination in the league, mostly because of Zacha, who really should be playing Left Wing. Tyler Johnson would be a major upgrade. McLeod can play 3LW along Zajac and whoever the 3RW will be between Bratt/Anderson. Speers has fallen off the map TBH.

Devils need more scoring, plain and simple.

They’re just young. Hischier will be getting a lot stronger in the next couple of years and I still believe Zacha can be a good 2C. I get the concerns with him but he’s still so young.

Reactions: Lateralous

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Erik Karlsson is the best defenceman in the world, IMO. I am really hoping he regresses if Tampa lands him, but he's a top 5 player and the top D I believe. Doughty, Giordano, Subban and Hedman probably round out the top 5, with Jones and Josi just barely outside.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
You have played a bit of D, so you'd know who the good defensemen are. However, you are a massive Leafs homer with an anti-Karlsson agenda. Why do you choose this path in life? Do you look like your Wendell avatar all the time, just more red-faced?
Many Ottawa fans will tell you that he isn't great defensively. I think Karlsson is really good. I just think he is overvalued. If Doughty is worth 11, he might be worth 9.5 to 10

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
He isn't a great defenseman. I could move Matthews into a D role and he would likely have similar results if not better

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Comparable quality of competition unlike the easier minutes that Karlsson enjoys. Not as prolific of a goal scorer though and not as good of a hitter. Rielly is still only 24. Give him some time

Easier minutes? What an uninformative, biased, and definitely an idiotic comment to make. The guy is one of the leaders in minutes played against all comers in any situation sometimes playing nack to back or 4 min shifts.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
My statement was that Doughty is the best defenseman in the league. He is used in all situations, not just to score

Fair enough but this is not about Doughty. Karlsson is far superior on offense and Doughty is better on defense. There, let’s put it to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad