Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That's less than what was rumoured to have fallen through because VGK were hesitant to give up Glass.

Elliotte was saying 2 firsts, a conditional pick (which if I recall he later said would be a 1st conditional on VGK re-signing Karlsson) and our choice of a prospect, and at the time it was believed that Ryan might have been included.
So instead of a 2nd its another 1st, with their top prospect off the table, Falls in line. Obviously it wasn't our choice of prospect as Glass held it up. 3oth overall +2 late 1sts plus Glass, at best. Whole bunch of nothing and maybe a Zibanejad in 4 years time..

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So instead of a 2nd its another 1st, with their top prospect off the table, Falls in line. Obviously it wasn't our choice of prospect as Glass held it up. 3oth overall +2 late 1sts plus Glass, at best. Whole bunch of nothing and maybe a Zibanejad in 4 years time..

Well, at the deadline, VGK didn't have 30th OA, they had a 1st at a yet to be determined slot. Besides, with Karlsson, it's probably 31st not 30th lol.

If you're assuming it will be a late first, it's also likely a late 2nd (unless they move somebody else's pick) so that's still a substantial difference.

As I said above, maybe Glass isn't the end game that we want, but maybe the assets gained could net us what we are looking for. If we end up with a package of Glass and potentially 3 1st round picks, why not try and convince Carolina to move back a few spots in the draft?

Offer them their choice 4th OA or Glass, along with 22nd OA and one of the VGK 1sts for 2nd OA. From their perspective, 2 late 1st round picks to move back 2 spots in the draft or a pretty nice prospect in Glass could be worth it. From our perspective, we gave up Karlsson, and 22nd OA for Svech, a late 1st, and a conditional 1st (or Karlsson, 4th, and 22nd OA for Glass, Svech, a late 1st and a conditional 1st)

On top of that, we open up ~14 mil in the budget by moving both Karlsson and Ryan, so it's really:
Karlsson+22nd OA and 4th or Glass

for

Svech, Glass or keep 4th, 2 late 1st round picks (assuming Karlsson re-signs), and 14 mil worth of budget room that we'll drool over the possibility of signing Carlson or Tavares with but inevitably find out that neither want's to play here...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
3 way deals are difficult to make. But if we are dealing with Vegas i want their young talent Glass, Suzuki, Branstrom, Tuch , Theodore , etc. more than i want their picks. In fact i want all those guys listed for Karlsson alone lol. Picks and prospects are nothing but hope and dreams, if we are dealing a future Hall of Famer i need a ton of talent coming back.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
3 way deals are difficult to make. But if we are dealing with Vegas i want their young talent Glass, Suzuki, Branstrom, Tuch , Theodore , etc. more than i want their picks. In fact i want all those guys listed for Karlsson alone lol. Picks and prospects are nothing but hope and dreams, if we are dealing a future Hall of Famer i need a ton of talent coming back.
Sadly, without an ownership change the Sens are highly unlikely to sign EK and the return on his trade is extremely likely to be disastrous.

Reactions: DJB

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Yea I don't give an F about their picks. I want one of Tuch/Theodore and Glass/Brannstrom minimum. Then add a 1st or whatever.

Reactions: Deku and DJB

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yea I don't give an F about their picks. I want one of Tuch/Theodore and Glass/Brannstrom minimum. Then add a 1st or whatever.

A 2019 first from Vegas is not all that exciting, but I would expect that to be a part of it. I’m sure Dorion will get at least one 2019 first if Karlsson and Hoffman are dealt. If Hoffman returns a first it could be this year or next year. With no 2nd or 3rd right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we add another first this year.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If Subban is in play it is because he has already worn out his welcome in two dressing rooms...

Why would any Sens fan want to bring PK to Ottawa?

Speaking of wearing out their welcome .......... I heard that the main reason an Ottawa forward is rumoured to be traded this summer ..... is because of some issues involving his wife's activity on Twitter.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Speaking of wearing out their welcome .......... I heard that the main reason an Ottawa forward is rumoured to be traded this summer ..... is because of some issues involving his wife's activity on Twitter.
So Mr. "Provide a source for that" is now stooping to rumour moungering...

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So Mr. "Provide a source for that" is now stooping to rumour moungering...

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I heard this rumour, and I called it a rumour, from a person I know vert well, and put a lot of stock in his insight into these things.

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I heard this rumour, and I called it a rumour, from a person I know vert well, and put a lot of stock in his insight into these things.

So it’s just a rumour then. Kind of like the rumour that Heatley got involved with Neil’s wife. Or was it Spezza’s wife? Some rumours are true, some are bs.

Can you show us one of these tweets you’re talking about?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So it’s just a rumour then. Kind of like the rumour that Heatley got involved with Neil’s wife. Or was it Spezza’s wife? Some rumours are true, some are bs.

Can you show us one of these tweets you’re talking about?

The rumour I heard was that there was a firm hired to investigate the source of these nasty tweets ........ so I assume they were deleted ...........

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why? Cuz his GF is acting like a goof on twitter? It might help if we know what she said.

I know I heard this rumour, from what I consider a reliable source.

All I know, it was allegedly some very nasty comments, about a very tragic situation that EK65 and his Wife experienced.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The rumor is that Hoffman's GF was behind the pure evil posts targetting Erik and Melinda after the miscarriage.

A Leafs fan posted something similar a few days ago but he hadn't heard that it was Hoffman (just linked to the organization).

It sounds absurd but given the multiple absurd things that have come out on this topic (EK/Hoffman sig. others feud), I am kinda starting to buy it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The rumor is that Hoffman's GF was behind the pure evil posts targetting Erik and Melinda after the miscarriage.

A Leafs fan posted something similar a few days ago but he hadn't heard that it was Hoffman (just linked to the organization).

It sounds absurd but given the multiple absurd things that have come out on this topic (EK/Hoffman sig. others feud), I am kinda starting to buy it.

A topic that is 100% off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad