Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
You're right. I decided to dig a little deeper:

On figuring out the contract value of what kind of money the team can offer to Erik Karlsson…

“I think we’ve addressed it. I want to be respectful here. I think we addressed it in the town halls. If you’re ready to pay the fine, I’ll go and sit down for a coffee afterwards. We have a CBA and I’m not allowed to say anything (publicly) until July 1st.”

The 'warning' from the NHL appears to have been related to Mark Stone contract talks.

On ideally wanting to get a Stone contract done before Karlsson’s deal…

“I might have gotten an email or maybe not gotten an email (from the NHL). Maybe warned or maybe not warned (by the NHL). I can’t talk about future contracts on a specific player (as I’ve been instructed) from our league. So I’m going to be very careful on that one, but when it comes to Mark Stone, we’ve had talks and they were productive. We feel confident that we can do something.”

Thoughts in Bold: Dorion's End of the Year Media Availability

Mark Stone was eligible for extension 11.5 months ago, why would the NHL warn them for discussing a players contract who is eligible for extension?

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Mark Stone was eligible for extension 11.5 months ago, why would the NHL warn them for discussing a players contract who is eligible for extension?
From the linked article:

On talking to Stone’s representatives about a contract and whether everything’s on the table…
“Yeah, Craig Oster from Newport and myself had discussions during the season. We just felt after the season would be the best time. Monday we ended up talking and we had a really productive talk, but that doesn’t mean… we know Mark is going to be here next year if we can’t come to an agreement and that gives us another year to have a contract. But, that is one contract that we can talk about. We talked on Monday. It was probably the whole (drive) from here to Orleans we talked and it was really productive. We’re going to sit down at some time probably in May or June. There’s no timetable on this and try and hammer out something.”

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
From the linked article:

On talking to Stone’s representatives about a contract and whether everything’s on the table…
“Yeah, Craig Oster from Newport and myself had discussions during the season. We just felt after the season would be the best time. Monday we ended up talking and we had a really productive talk, but that doesn’t mean… we know Mark is going to be here next year if we can’t come to an agreement and that gives us another year to have a contract. But, that is one contract that we can talk about. We talked on Monday. It was probably the whole (drive) from here to Orleans we talked and it was really productive. We’re going to sit down at some time probably in May or June. There’s no timetable on this and try and hammer out something.”

That doesn't answer my question, actually implies that it wasn't Stone related since there is so much detail already available regarding his extension.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Sorry, wasn't being snarky answering your question. I read the quoted excerpts, thought they were parsed badly (only the last sentence pertained to Stone) and wanted to go back to the source to figure it out. While reading that I got distracted by the quote I posted.

In short, yes I agree with you.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

I think its pretty obvious that PR Dorion was backed into a corner with some of the questioning and just throw the "tampering fine" thing out there. He is very bad at lying, especially when he has shown a pattern of this behaviour.

Reactions: Engineer

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I think you all are looking at it wrong. He’s saying he can’t discuss money or term publically. Not that he can’t talk contracts with the players.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I think you all are looking at it wrong. He’s saying he can’t discuss money or term publically. Not that he can’t talk contracts with the players.

Since Stone is eligible for extension, aren't these both things he is allowed to talk publicly about?

Karlsson on the other hand isn't eligible for extension until July 1.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think there's a misinterpretation that has happened: Dorion, I think, was told by the league not to discuss contract negotiations so openly with the media, not that he couldn't negotiate contracts with those players. I think the issue is the players association probably didn't care for Dorion framing Karlsson as the bad guy before he was even able to officially accept an offer. I could be wrong, but it seems to me the transgression was talking to the media and general public about it, not talking to Karlsson. That doesn't change how stupid it is to not have an offer in place already to gauge his interest and whether or not it's worth while holding on till after the draft.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
That doesn't change how stupid it is to not have an offer in place already to gauge his interest and whether or not it's worth while holding on till after the draft.

Makes me worried that this is already settled. Maybe they have a trade deal pretty much ready to go and are awaiting the formality of EK refusing their contract offer on July 1 in order to place the blame on EK.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Makes me worried that this is already settled. Maybe they have a trade deal pretty much ready to go and are awaiting the formality of EK refusing their contract offer on July 1 in order to place the blame on EK.

Agree with this statement, the only thing that could save us is Melnyk being forced to sell the team before the draft. I am so excited for someone, anyone to come in and rid us of Melnyk/Dorion/Lee/Boucher. It can't come soon enough.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wait, lmaooooooooooiiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hoffman's gf is the one who was making those harassment remarks to EK'S GIRL?

LMFAOOOOOO THAT TYPE OF PETTINESS EXISTS? HOFFMAN BRO WHATS UR GIRL DOING LMFAO.
DUMP HER THAT B***

LMFAOO Im laughing cause this is unfathomable, a star celeb's partner is harassing someone else? Why? Go on a vacation to Greece and call it a month lmao.

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Who was the person/poster who broke this news 2-3 months ago? They said one of Hoffman or EK gone for sure cause of their partners we all called bs but apparently they were 100% accurate.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Want to bet that Hoffman being traded or just removed from the organization is a condition that EK has before he signs? Totally justified too. I'd want to smash him in the goddam face if I ever saw him, especially if his still with the crazy girl, which would mean he's taking her side.

She's not right in the head though. There's got to be some crossed wires in there. That's not normal behaviour.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well if there was any doubt that one of or both EK and Hoffman were on their way out.....now there is not a single one.

It's incredible how much drama is coming out of this organization these days. Toxic all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad