Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
the NHL gave him a warning earlier in the season for talking contract with the press.
He can negotiate with EK. From what I understand, the NHL didn't like the team spelling out terms of the contract proposal to the press.
There's a huge difference between 'don't negotiate through the press' to 'I'm not allowed to negotiate with EK until July 1'.

If anything, getting a verbal agreement with EK would have been a wonderful distraction from the Randy Lee fiasco.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
https://www.tsn.ca/coyotes-ekman-larsson-reach-verbal-agreement-on-extension-1.1110201

So TSN reporting that OEL and the team have a “verbal agreement” but Dorion says he’s not allowed to talk to EK about contracts....

I assume that Dorion is working the phones with Karlsson's agent. There's no chance that he isn't, especially with the draft coming up. If EK needs to be traded, the draft is the best time and place to do it.

Dorion is probably just playing it ultra safe with respects to talking about contracts with the media after he got his wrist slapped about it before.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Time for some reckless speculation..sort of, Bobby's agent believes both he and Karlsson are gone this summer. He did say the same thing around trade deadline though so who knows if it'll come to fruition this time around.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Time for some reckless speculation..sort of, Bobby's agent believes both he and Karlsson are gone this summer. He did say the same thing around trade deadline though so who knows if it'll come to fruition this time around.

Is there a source for this, not doubting it, but wouldn't mind seeing the context of the comments.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Is there a source for this, not doubting it, but wouldn't mind seeing the context of the comments.
Not a report no just from a friend in the organization, thus the preface of reckless speculation. But he's pretty close with Bobby so thought it was worth sharing given the nature of this particular thread.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Or maybe he should get rid of her if she’s that disgusting a person.

monika-Caryk-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I mentioned this weeks ago, it is pretty rampant from those in the know. What Count stated I heard a while ago , and lawmakers mentioned it before me...and a lot of whispers about it. Karl was on a mission to find out who was behind certain instagram posts,

Her Instragram account is no more, it has ceased to be, it has expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

Last edited:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Melnyk selling will help.

One of my best good friends knows a player on the Sens. Enough that they text regularly. Story from the player on the team is that EK will sign if Melnyk sells the team. If not, it's less likely that he'll stick around.

I've never wanted Wondercarrot's prediction to come true more than right now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't make sense. Unless this girlfriend is a complete idiot and wants to lose any chance of having a sugar daddy. And no way Hoffman (or any player who isn't a superstar) would stick with a girlfriend who could cause that kind of damage to his professional career.

Well I dont think Hoffman is the sharpest tool in the shed. She's been problematic long before this rumor was started.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I agree EK will extend, but that's a little ambitious. Between Tampa, Boston, Toronto and now Buffalo and Florida on the come up, that's gonna be a tough feat. We need to hope our young guns all play like STUDS

If we get new owners will be able to afford a legit partner for EK. That will give us a top 3 of ek, blank, Chabot. Can compete with any forward group.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

You're right. I decided to dig a little deeper:

On figuring out the contract value of what kind of money the team can offer to Erik Karlsson…

“I think we’ve addressed it. I want to be respectful here. I think we addressed it in the town halls. If you’re ready to pay the fine, I’ll go and sit down for a coffee afterwards. We have a CBA and I’m not allowed to say anything (publicly) until July 1st.”

The 'warning' from the NHL appears to have been related to Mark Stone contract talks.

On ideally wanting to get a Stone contract done before Karlsson’s deal…

“I might have gotten an email or maybe not gotten an email (from the NHL). Maybe warned or maybe not warned (by the NHL). I can’t talk about future contracts on a specific player (as I’ve been instructed) from our league. So I’m going to be very careful on that one, but when it comes to Mark Stone, we’ve had talks and they were productive. We feel confident that we can do something.”

Thoughts in Bold: Dorion's End of the Year Media Availability

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You're right. I decided to dig a little deeper:

On figuring out the contract value of what kind of money the team can offer to Erik Karlsson…

“I think we’ve addressed it. I want to be respectful here. I think we addressed it in the town halls. If you’re ready to pay the fine, I’ll go and sit down for a coffee afterwards. We have a CBA and I’m not allowed to say anything (publicly) until July 1st.”

The 'warning' from the NHL appears to have been related to Mark Stone contract talks.

On ideally wanting to get a Stone contract done before Karlsson’s deal…

“I might have gotten an email or maybe not gotten an email (from the NHL). Maybe warned or maybe not warned (by the NHL). I can’t talk about future contracts on a specific player (as I’ve been instructed) from our league. So I’m going to be very careful on that one, but when it comes to Mark Stone, we’ve had talks and they were productive. We feel confident that we can do something.”

Thoughts in Bold: Dorion's End of the Year Media Availability

Why would the Mark Stone contract talks be any different? They actually make less sense than a fine for talking about EK's contract. Stone is an RFA this year, teams talk about negotiations with RFAs all the time.

Maybe Dorion isn't lying, but he is very very bad at telling the truth then.

Reactions: slamigo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad