Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
The rumor is that Hoffman's GF was behind the pure evil posts targetting Erik and Melinda after the miscarriage.

A Leafs fan posted something similar a few days ago but he hadn't heard that it was Hoffman (just linked to the organization).

It sounds absurd but given the multiple absurd things that have come out on this topic (EK/Hoffman sig. others feud), I am kinda starting to buy it.

If true (huge if), get rid of him ASAP.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Check out the 6th sens on twitter. The article he put up today. Some info on Hoffman in there. Doesn't go into detail but you get the idea something bad happened and he's gone.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Check out the 6th sens on twitter. The article he put up today. Some info on Hoffman in there. Doesn't go into detail but you get the idea something bad happened and he's gone.

Big stretch from what was said there and anything at all involving Erik / Melinda Karlsson.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Look at what Jordan Staal got.

8th overall -> ~Cody Glass
Brian Doumolin -> ~late 1st
Brandon Sutter, 21 year old with 21, 17 and 14 goal seasons -> Colin Miller

How can anyone say that the difference between Jordan Staal and Erik Karlsson is a late 1st + maybe a late 2nd?

Matt Duchene? What Colorado got stacks up nicely to what we were rumoured to be after

Sam Girard -> Shea Theodore
Shane Bowers -> Late 1st
Vladislav Kamenev -> ?
2019 1st -> Cody Glass
2018 2nd -> Late 2nd
2019 3rd -> ?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Look at what Jordan Staal got.

8th overall -> ~Cody Glass
Brian Doumolin -> ~late 1st
Brandon Sutter, year old with 21, 17 and 14 goal seasons -> Colin Miller

How can anyone say that the difference between Jordan Staal and Erik Karlsson is a late 1st + maybe a late 2nd?

We're losing any trade involving Karlsson. And with Dorion involved it will be doubly so.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Coyotes’ handling of the OEL situation makes the Sens look like a minor hockey team.

It’s going to be so typical when Kings and Yotes retain Doughty and OEL while we ship out Karl.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If you were Erik Karlsson would your first choice be to stay and play for these clowns? Even money I'd want out. Only a few years left to win. Change is hard but does Ottawa give him anywhere close to the best chance to win.. is it realistic to expect the clown show to make it happen? The only way he will want to stay is if Dorion can convince him that he is building a winner and fairly soon. And I think Erik would want to stay if he felt that success was in reach. I don't think he will convince him.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
If you were Erik Karlsson would your first choice be to stay and play for these clowns? Even money I'd want out. Only a few years left to win. Change is hard but does Ottawa give him anywhere close to the best chance to win.. is it realistic to expect the clown show to make it happen? The only way he will want to stay is if Dorion can convince him that he is building a winner and fairly soon. And I think Erik would want to stay if he felt that success was in reach. I don't think he will convince him.

Melnyk selling will help.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't buy it. If that's the rumor being discussed.

I mentioned this weeks ago, it is pretty rampant from those in the know. What Count stated I heard a while ago , and lawmakers mentioned it before me...and a lot of whispers about it. Karl was on a mission to find out who was behind certain instagram posts,

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I mentioned this weeks ago, it is pretty rampant from those in the know. What Count stated I heard a while ago , and lawmakers mentioned it before me...and a lot of whispers about it. Karl was on a mission to find out who was behind certain instagram posts,
Yah.,, I just do not want to believe it's a teammate's gf .. that would be just too much

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
The rumor is that Hoffman's GF was behind the pure evil posts targetting Erik and Melinda after the miscarriage.

A Leafs fan posted something similar a few days ago but he hadn't heard that it was Hoffman (just linked to the organization).

It sounds absurd but given the multiple absurd things that have come out on this topic (EK/Hoffman sig. others feud), I am kinda starting to buy it.

I posted this the other day (it's a purely a rumor so it rightfully got deleted) and people weren't too pleased about the rumor but I did hear this exact thing from a trusted friend. We'll never know if the social media thing was true, but I'd hope it's made up. Either way, there is an off ice issue and it looks like Hoff is gone. Crappy reason to trade a player but EK>Hoffman.

If Melnyk sells, EK stays and I guarantee we are back in conference finals in 2-3 years.

I agree EK will extend, but that's a little ambitious. Between Tampa, Boston, Toronto and now Buffalo and Florida on the come up, that's gonna be a tough feat. We need to hope our young guns all play like STUDS

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
These sources better not be from the team right.. no tampering with your own player .. or face a hefty fine.

I listened to Lebrun on TSN the other day talk about this, and you are allowed to agree to terms on an extension whenever you want. The player just can't sign the contract until July 1. So technically we can get EK to agree to terms before July 1. Dorion got in trouble when he was talking about the contract in public. But he can talk contracts all day with Karlsson and his agency as of right now.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
These sources better not be from the team right.. no tampering with your own player .. or face a hefty fine.

Daily was apparently asked about this (I think it was on the radio I head about it, maybe it was a tweet I read, idk), and confirmed that the league has no issue with teams discussing contracts with their own players prior to jul 1st.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Daily was apparently asked about this (I think it was on the radio I head about it, maybe it was a tweet I read, idk), and confirmed that the league has no issue with teams discussing contracts with their own players prior to jul 1st.
So either Dorion doesnt know the rules or is just lying to the fanbase because he knows the situation is hopeless. Either situation is completely consistent with his tenure as gm and both options are obviously brutal.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yah.,, I just do not want to believe it's a teammate's gf .. that would be just too much

It doesn't make sense. Unless this girlfriend is a complete idiot and wants to lose any chance of having a sugar daddy. And no way Hoffman (or any player who isn't a superstar) would stick with a girlfriend who could cause that kind of damage to his professional career.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad