Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Jason Demers** but yeah, I don't blame Demers for blocking that one.
If you aren't getting overpaid in both salary and term - no point in signing here (so why get traded here for the same salary lol - hard pass)

Reactions: mathonwy

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Hutton is a decent defenceman, he’s good at skating the puck up ice and provides a good outlet pass to exit the zone. He has issues with pivoting and turning quickly. You pair a player like that with someone who excels in that area (Stecher/Tanev), instead he is paired with a slow defenseman that can’t pivot & lacks quickness. Gudbranson also has terrible gap control and a horrible stick (stick checking, poke checks, intercepting passes etc.). It’s crystal clear that Hutton & Gudbranson are a bad pairing, don’t understand why they are still paired together, it makes no sense.

My theory is the Canucks have decided to accelerate Hutton's growth by playing him alongside an abysmal player under the same theory as training using weighted clothing. :sarcasm:

I for one look forward to the sudden emergence of Super Saiyan Hutton once Gudbranson is tossed aside. :yo:

Joking aside, your post seems like a good assessment of Hutton's playstyle. Stecher and Hutton seem like a pairing they should be relying on way more.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Benning quote when Gudbranon was aquired: "... he can make a good first pass...". I chuckle and think about that quote every time Gudbranson ices the puck. If that stat was measured Im sure he would have the record for icings per 60. He can make a good first pass, wtf you smoking Benning?

source:
Panthers trade Gudbranson to Canucks for McCann
Dude, he obviously meant a good first pass to the opposite end boards. His icings/60 is probably top 5 in the NHL, a truly impeccable passer.

Hutton is a decent defenceman, he’s good at skating the puck up ice and provides a good outlet pass to exit the zone. He has issues with pivoting and turning quickly. You pair a player like that with someone who excels in that area (Stecher/Tanev), instead he is paired with a slow defenseman that can’t pivot & lacks quickness. Gudbranson also has terrible gap control and a horrible stick (stick checking, poke checks, intercepting passes etc.). It’s crystal clear that Hutton & Gudbranson are a bad pairing, don’t understand why they are still paired together, it makes no sense.
Yeah, it's like Gudbranson sucks at almost everything, especially relative to his paycheck and ice time. But hey, hes really good looking

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
GMs often fall in love with players that they gave up a lot for.

But Benning needs to man up here. We need a tough and smart D man. Gudbranson ain't it.
Actually, he tried to trade Gud for Demers but Demers blocked the trade.

He’s not in love with Gud, he had to resign him because he thought he would look stupid to let Gud walk. Ironically, letting Gud walked would have make JB loooks brighter.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Benning can recoup any assets by moving Gudbranson it would be a miracle.
Have to agree. An overpaid $4m a year d-man with term on his contract and some of the worst possession numbers and zone exits stats in the entire NHL. If Benning can get anything for him he'd have to employ the services of Reveen to do a number on a rival GM.

More likely the Canucks will have to eat salary or take another bad contract in return.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Another goal tonight against him where he was weak on his stick, and just stood there as a player right in front of him scores. Embarrassing player.

Reactions: Pavel96
Feb 19, 2018
Guy is just flat out not an NHL level Dman.
I’ve been patient due to injuries etc but the time to move on (if possible) is now.

Selling low or high is irrelevant as I do not see this player ever increasing his value.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gudbranson is playing his worst hockey of the season at the worst possible time, with just weeks to go before the trade deadline.

In a perfect world, he plays out of his mind against Florida on Sunday and Tallon reacquires him. Then again, if the Cats scouts look at tape of the last couple of Canuck games, it ain't happening.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
If this was 1998, in the clutch and grab era, Gudbranson might be a solid D, but not in this era. I was at the game today, he was just horrible,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad