Confirmed with Link: Erik Cole traded to Dallas Stars for Michael Ryder + 3rd round pick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Who cares if you hated Ryder or not...the guy's done at the end of the year. And if we sign him back...it will mean he's lights out till the end of the year.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Habs think that Cole is about to be done. And they get rid of that salary. And they get a fine player who's contract will end at the end of the year. A guy that if he wants another contract...will have to be very good.

I say....good deal.

That's what smart GM's do. Not like the clown that signed him to that ridiculous deal.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
WOW .. not sure what to make of this trade... Loved the Erik Cole of last season... Ryder.. can score but he's pretty usesless when not scoring!

Oshawa General

Jul 18, 2005
Habs think that Cole is about to be done. And they get rid of that salary. And they get a fine player who's contract will end at the end of the year. A guy that if he wants another contract...will have to be very good.

I say....good deal.

Agreed, good deal, same offensive production, UFA at the end of the year, Cole's contract off the books, that's huge

Saintpatrick*

Always liked Ryder I always thought we should have resigned him. After one bad season he was let go, another one of Gainey's brilliant moves letting stars hit the free agency and getting nothing in return. Cole was most likely going to retire after this season and was coasting out there I like this move.

TheBabysitter*

Wow...all this complaining about Cole was fine for me, but deep down I was happy to have him, and felt like hes gonna contribute eventually with many goals, and his quick acceleration and drive to the net.

Brass

Nov 14, 2007
laurentides
Really , the thing is Cole with his retirement thing might be a good thing .. Dont know what to think of it yet because i remember erik being one of our best last year..

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY
Erik Cole: 6 pts in 19 games, traded to Dallas for Michael Ryder: 14 pts in 19 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->