Player Discussion Erik Brännström |5'10, 181lbs | Left Handed Defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wonder if we ever made a push to acquire cody glass over branstrom, but to be fair branstrom has looked pretty good of late big fan of him on the pp and i really wish theyd give him and chabot a look on the power play i dunno why all teams think 4 fwds is a must on the pp.
More forwards to distribute ice time to? Dmen (smaller group) need more rest?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He looked physically outmatched several times last night.

His last stint in Belleville did wonders and pretty sure he wasn't supposed to come back to Ottawa so soon...go down and dominate and be ready for a couple games to end the season then to try and impress in camp for 20/21

Reactions: Cosmix and Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What I like is that we have started to see those flashes that you need to see to know a prospect can be special. He’s had a few rushes that were truly special.

I think he can be an excellent player for us, and Belleville looks and sounds like the perfect place and time to develop along with the rest of his peers.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What I like is that we have started to see those flashes that you need to see to know a prospect can be special. He’s had a few rushes that were truly special.

I think he can be an excellent player for us, and Belleville looks and sounds like the perfect place and time to develop along with the rest of his peers.

When he gets it all together he’s going to be dangerous - his most EK like quality is his single-mindedness when has the puck to make a play, love it

Reactions: NB613 and Ice-Tray

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I'm much higher on Brannstrom now than when he was sent down earlier. He's trending in the right direction and a long playoff run would be huge for him and several of the other prospects. I think I'll have to take a drive to Belleville and watch these guys.

Reactions: Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hasn't looked bad at all since his return but it's clear he needs to build up his confidence in the AHL if he is to reach his potential sooner than later.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think Brannstrom’s size limitations will limit his excellence to PP duties as he will be pushed around by bigger, faster, stronger players.

Reactions: aragorn

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think Brannstrom’s size limitations will limit his excellence to PP duties as he will be pushed around by bigger, faster, stronger players.

I don’t think so. The league isn’t as big as it used to be, and he handles himself just fine right now in the d zone.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Brann had a nice game last night. The kid is a great skater and his puck handling was apparent all night.

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don’t think so. The league isn’t as big as it used to be, and he handles himself just fine right now in the d zone.

I hope you are right but only time will tell if your fortune telling of excellence in all on-ice situations is more accurate than mine.

I still like Brannstrom’s offensive skill set but do not expect “excellence” in all on-ice skills.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I hope you are right but only time will tell if your fortune telling of excellence in all on-ice situations is more accurate than mine.

I still like Brannstrom’s offensive skill set but do not expect “excellence” in all on-ice skills.

Fair enough, though I think he’ll be an excellent player, not sure about excellent at everything.

Anyways, we’ll see, but I like those flashes I saw.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Inhave no idea how you could watch the kid play and call him soft & slow.
Are you not watching him get out-muscled for pucks behind the net & along the boards? Does he look like a player with speed to you? He doesn't to me, he's a great AHL player where smaller players excel but it remains to be seen whether he can handle playing in the NHL.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Are you not watching him get out-muscled for pucks behind the net & along the boards? Does he look like a player with speed to you? He doesn't to me, he's a great AHL player where smaller players excel but it remains to be seen whether he can handle playing in the NHL.

Small and easily knocked off the puck and out of the way. Not a physical presence in front of the net or along the boards. Not slow, but not particularly fast. First 3 step acceleration is good. Top speed looks average.

Reactions: aragorn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
It is hard enough for 20 year old players that are 6'+ to break into the NHL and become a physical presence you think a 5'9 player at that age is going to dominate physically?

Common sense, where for art thou gone?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It is hard enough for 20 year old players that are 6'+ to break into the NHL and become a physical presence you think a 5'9 player at that age is going to dominate physically?

Common sense, where for art thou gone?
Maybe Ottawa gets lucky & he grows another 3 to 6 inches & puts on about 30 lbs. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad