Player Discussion Erik Brännström |5'10, 181lbs | Left Handed Defenceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I hope so...Smaller players can sometimes fade over a season (not my line, Pierre McGuires...take it as you wish). So if coaches start sending their bigger, more robust players at him...Hopefully his skating, speed and Offensive production punishes them. This far 4 points, Hughes 28 points. It would seem like Hughes is doing his bit..

Had this kid's offensive totals been anywhere near Hughes, there would be no issue...But 4 points, form a supposedly gifted, skater, puck handler!!!! yea, I am worried about him...
Ya fair point. And his speed I think some are worried about too. Time will tel with some of these young guys. Sometimes being smaller has its advantages.....

or maybe I’m just high.

Reactions: bert

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I suspect his ridiculous 2010-11 season in the SHL had more to do with that than the single stretch pass.

50 pts in 55 games as a 19-20 year old Dman in the SHL is bonkers; it's the second best total by a Dman in that league ever, and the best by a player of that age by a country mile.

I just looked up his stats and Rundblad was only +5 that season. I don't know much about that season for him but being only +5 on a 50 point season for a d man seems very low. It is impressive that he was able to put up that many points but it presents the question of how much of his offense was a consequence of not playing defense. People get really excited about offensive d men but it is still their responsibility to defend and if they struggle to do that then it is doubtful they will carve out much of a role at the NHL level. Offensive d men can put up a ton of points if they are always way out of position. They can basically play as a roaming 4th forward which can make it fairly easy for them to pad their stats. At the NHL level they aren't often allotted that same freedom to free roam and as a consequence their point totals drop off quite substantially. It also puts their other skills (or lack thereof) under the spot light.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I wouldn't worry too much about his size. He's built similarly to Josh Morrisey and Anton Stralman and neither of those guys are offensive dynamos but solid NHL dmen. Skating is way more important than being over 6ft in today's game and Brannstrom is a great skater. His point totals in the NHL will improve when he doesn't have potatoes as partners.

In the context of skating, there is a debate to be had about the longevity of players as a consequence of their height. Skating is more important than height but a taller player in theory requires fewer strides because each stride allows them to cover more distance. Over time most players foot speed tends to decrease. Given that shorter players on average need more strides than taller players, shorter players may be more adversely effected by the same decrease in foot speed. Now this might be more limited to the straight line speed element of skating but it is still an important factor. The point is that it isn't quite clear that we can fully separate skating and height as independent variables without any correlation.

Also while Brannstrom's point totals will likely increase with playing with superior players I don't think his lack of production thus far can be primarily blamed on who he is playing with. At least early on before he was sent down I wasn't getting the impression that he was generating great opportunities and his defensive pair was messing them up. I think his lack of production was as much a reflection of his own play than anything else. He does however look much better since his short stint in the AHL.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I am not concerned about Brannstrom at all. For those who simply want to look at the stats and judge, then yes, you will be disappointed. Those of us however who watch the games and watch the player closely, will find that Brannstrom is a special player. There is something about the kid that oozes competitiveness and heart. Unless you are looking at his player bio, the size factor never even crosses my mind when watching him play because he looks so strong out there.

He might not be putting up points just yet, but those will come with more confidence in his own abilities. Other than that, the way he gives it his all on the ice and plays a gritty game for a smaller player is very encouraging. He will easily become our most reliable defenseman in a couple of seasons, just watch.

Reactions: NB613

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
In the context of skating, there is a debate to be had about the longevity of players as a consequence of their height. Skating is more important than height but a taller player in theory requires fewer strides because each stride allows them to cover more distance. Over time most players foot speed tends to decrease. Given that shorter players on average need more strides than taller players, shorter players may be more adversely effected by the same decrease in foot speed. Now this might be more limited to the straight line speed element of skating but it is still an important factor. The point is that it isn't quite clear that we can fully separate skating and height as independent variables without any correlation.

Also while Brannstrom's point totals will likely increase with playing with superior players I don't think his lack of production thus far can be primarily blamed on who he is playing with. At least early on before he was sent down I wasn't getting the impression that he was generating great opportunities and his defensive pair was messing them up. I think his lack of production was as much a reflection of his own play than anything else. He does however look much better since his short stint in the AHL.

I don't think you'll find any correlation between height and skating ability

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I don't think you'll find any correlation between height and skating ability

Well I already explained it in the last post. Longer legs require fewer strides to gain the same distance as shorter legs. Straight line speed is a component of skating. Straight line speed is measured as distance/time. Given comparable speed, longer legs will require fewer strides and will cover more distance. With an assumption that many players decrease in speed as they get older, while it will adversely effect both players it will arguably more adversely effect a shorter player who needs more strides to cover the same distance. Hence my point about longevity, shorter players can't rely on longer strides to compensate for their eventual decrease in footspeed.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I am not concerned about Brannstrom at all. For those who simply want to look at the stats and judge, then yes, you will be disappointed. Those of us however who watch the games and watch the player closely, will find that Brannstrom is a special player. There is something about the kid that oozes competitiveness and heart. Unless you are looking at his player bio, the size factor never even crosses my mind when watching him play because he looks so strong out there.

He might not be putting up points just yet, but those will come with more confidence in his own abilities. Other than that, the way he gives it his all on the ice and plays a gritty game for a smaller player is very encouraging. He will easily become our most reliable defenseman in a couple of seasons, just watch.

Debator,

Is there enough in the kid to be our Torey Krug? They are about the same size.

if Chabot is a better version of Charlie McAvoy! and if we can find our Zedano (6'3" to 6"5", good point producer)..then we are set.

Chabot's improvement on McAvoy should reduce the load our version of Chara has to carry!!! Man if only Englund can morph into that?????

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well I already explained it in the last post. Longer legs require fewer strides to gain the same distance as shorter legs. Straight line speed is a component of skating. Straight line speed is measured as distance/time. Given comparable speed, longer legs will require fewer strides and will cover more distance. With an assumption that many players decrease in speed as they get older, while it will adversely effect both players it will arguably more adversely effect a shorter player who needs more strides to cover the same distance. Hence my point about longevity, shorter players can't rely on longer strides to compensate for their eventual decrease in footspeed.

Ya, i read the previous post too...and I'm sure that statistically it makes sense to you...i get the logic you're using.. although it might sound like it makes sense, it doesn't

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Debator,

Is there enough in the kid to be our Torey Krug? They are about the same size

if Chabot is a better version of Charlie McAvoy! and if we can find our Zedano (6'3" to 6"5", good point producer)..then we are set.

Chabot's improvement on McAvoy should reduce the load our version of Chara has to carry!!! Man if only Englund can morph into that?????

I suppose the answer to that question is will you/other Sens fans be patient enough with Brannstrom to allow him the chance to prove he can be similar to Krug?

Torey Krug is 28 and will be 29 before the end of the season but if you look back at his career he did not play his first full NHL season until he was 23. At Brannstrom's current age, Krug had played zero NHL games and then played a total of 3 games at 21-22 years of age.

The position of defense is a hard one for any player let alone a smaller player so it is not surprising that smaller sized players take longer to get comfortable (same with the ones who are too big).

I think it is unfair to judge Brannstrom's entire career based on what he is doing at the age of 20-21, much like it was too early to give up on Ceci at that age too. If Erik Brann by the age of 23-24 is still the same player he is today, then we can probably declare him a bust or player who will probably never live up to his potential; but not now, or even next season to be honest.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Ya, i read the previous post too...and I'm sure that statistically it makes sense to you...i get the logic you're using.. although it might sound like it makes sense, it doesn't

Yeah it actually does make sense.
This study analyzed the kinematics of the forward skating stride of Canadian female university hockey players (University of Alberta)...Stride length/width was the best predictor of skating speed (correlation -0.903) than stride rate (correlation = -852). But both stride length/width and stride rate were good predictors of 44.80-m skating speed. Stride length/width was a better predictor of skating velocity (metres/sec) (correlation = 0.907) than stride rate (correlation = 0.860). The results of this study are similar to other studies that found hockey skating speed is based on the width of a players stride and how many times he/she can get the push-off skate on the ice (fast, medium length strides). Based on the results of this study, coaches and skating instructors may be able to improve skating speed by designing and conducting drills that focus on increasing stride length/width. However, there can also be an emphasis on increasing stride rate as it also appears to be important for skating speed. Published Studies on Power Skating

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
I suppose the answer to that question is will you/other Sens fans be patient enough with Brannstrom to allow him the chance to prove he can be similar to Krug?

Torey Krug is 28 and will be 29 before the end of the season but if you look back at his career he did not play his first full NHL season until he was 23. At Brannstrom's current age, Krug had played zero NHL games and then played a total of 3 games at 21-22 years of age.

The position of defense is a hard one for any player let alone a smaller player so it is not surprising that smaller sized players take longer to get comfortable (same with the ones who are too big).

I think it is unfair to judge Brannstrom's entire career based on what he is doing at the age of 20-21, much like it was too early to give up on Ceci at that age too. If Erik Brann by the age of 23-24 is still the same player he is today, then we can probably declare him a bust or player who will probably never live up to his potential; but not now, or even next season to be honest.

I get you, but 2 more years will pass awfully slow. What will happen if they are similar to today..a team near the bottom?
Krug had the luxury of being associated with a Stanley cup finalist (the previous year) in his first full year. He had Chara in his prime, Seidenberg in his prime. Bartkowski, Boychuck... big boys, big bodies, an overall fantastic team to protect him.

This kid is on his own..on a poor team...soft team mates...Man, lets hope he is tough and lets hope a "protector" bubble sup to protect him..

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I get you, but 2 more years will pass awfully slow. What will happen if they are similar to today..a team near the bottom?
Krug had the luxury of being associated with a Stanley cup finalist (the previous year) in his first full year. He had Chara in his prime, Seidenberg in his prime. Bartkowski, Boychuck... big boys, big bodies, an overall fantastic team to protect him.

This kid is on his own..on a poor team...soft team mates...Man, lets hope he is tough and lets hope a "protector" bubble sup to protect him..
Soft teammates ? You lost me.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

The average height of a speed skater is 5.9. You need power in those legs not just length. Long stride does not mean long legs in skating if you get a powerful push you can glide a long way on the other leg in between strides. Long distance runners and skaters are taller, and hockey is all about the sprint.
Taller guys also weigh more increasing the amount of energy it takes to move your mass so you also lose strength with age......

Last edited:

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Soft teammates ? You lost me.

I am watching the game now...Bobo is hitting as usual. Some of the others, ooohhhh... That defense needs muscle. We forget, we lost to Chris Pronger in 07... a man meaner than a rattle snake.

Come close to a Krug, or McAvoy, and the Bruins will cut your head off. And if you force the issue, 6"9" son of a wrestler, will toss you around like a rag doll.

When Karlsson was at his best..6"3" Methot, who did not shy from contact, was there. As was other muscle that we forget about. Remember the line brawl with Montreal.

Put a bruiser, with just enough speed and skill to not hold him down, and he may flourish..The first player who comes close to him, gets a two hander across the legs, or the arms, or the body and he will leave him alone. Do the same for Chabot.

you need Charley McAvoy...Chabot ( Chabot is even better)
A Troy Krug (Possibly Brannstrom)
A Chara (you need a Rattle snake, or some one mean..a modern Chris Pronger)
and 3 mid range, mid skilled, mid body size, just enough mean in them to keep others honest, defense-men

Chabot, Brannstrom do the puck carrying. Enough speed to play the modern, quick counter-attack game. The rattle snake does the protecting. The 3 middle guys, hold the fort, chew up minutes, do not hurt you. And as they rotate through with Chab and Brann, there is the necessary muscle

Lets hope Pierre watched last year's final series. If only Bobo was 3 years younger, 2 inches taller, 15 lbs heavier and 1 skill level better.

You need your rats..yes, your Marchands.. Dirty as hell, yet a 100 point man (You may disagree, but Alfie)..Your Patrice Bergeron..Selke on this side, Hart at the other end (one time Mike Fisher, one time Hossa). Pasternak...your sniper (Heatly..I know, Melnyk just threw up)...Jake Debrusk..human pinball (Chris Neil and can fight)..your versatile play anywhere David Krejci (Chris Kelly)

Pierre doesn't have to watch last year's finals..he needs to watch Sens games from 02-07. The blueprint was there..wrong coach in my opinion. They waited to long to bring Brian Murray in as their coach.

Skill and muscle..I saw the Canadians of the 70's. The Islanders of the 80's. The Oilers of the 90's and so on... Beat them with the stick and puck..beat them with the fist to the head!!

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I am watching the game now...Bobo is hitting as usual. Some of the others, ooohhhh... That defense needs muscle. We forget, we lost to Chris Pronger in 07... a man meaner than a rattle snake.

Come close to a Krug, or McAvoy, and the Bruins will cut your head off. And if you force the issue, 6"9" son of a wrestler, will toss you around like a rag doll.

When Karlsson was at his best..6"3" Methot, who did not shy from contact, was there. As was other muscle that we forget about. Remember the line brawl with Montreal.

Put a bruiser, with just enough speed and skill to not hold him down, and he may flourish..The first player who comes close to him, gets a two hander across the legs, or the arms, or the body and he will leave him alone. Do the same for Chabot.

you need Charley McAvoy...Chabot ( Chabot is even better)
A Troy Krug (Possibly Brannstrom)
A Chara (you need a Rattle snake, or some one mean..a modern Chris Pronger)
and 3 mid range, mid skilled, mid body size, just enough mean in them to keep others honest, defense-men

Chabot, Brannstrom do the puck carrying. Enough speed to play the modern, quick counter-attack game. The rattle snake does the protecting. The 3 middle guys, hold the fort, chew up minutes, do not hurt you. And as they rotate through with Chab and Brann, there is the necessary muscle

Lets hope Pierre watched last year's final series. If only Bobo was 3 years younger, 2 inches taller, 15 lbs heavier and 1 skill level better.

You need your rats..yes, your Marchands.. Dirty as hell, yet a 100 point man (You may disagree, but Alfie)..Your Patrice Bergeron..Selke on this side, Hart at the other end (one time Mike Fisher, one time Hossa). Pasternak...your sniper (Heatly..I know, Melnyk just threw up)...Jake Debrusk..human pinball (Chris Neil and can fight)..your versatile play anywhere David Krejci (Chris Kelly)

Pierre doesn't have to watch last year's finals..he needs to watch Sens games from 02-07. The blueprint was there..wrong coach in my opinion. They waited to long to bring Brian Murray in as their coach.

Skill and muscle..I saw the Canadians of the 70's. The Islanders of the 80's. The Oilers of the 90's and so on... Beat them with the stick and puck..beat them with the fist to the head!!

Come on man, now you are just moving the goal-posts. We went from discussing Brannstrom as a player and the fact he is loaded with potential at such a young age that is still unfair to judge him...to arguing that he will not develop because the team around him sucks? Those two things are literally not intertwined that it becomes pointless to waste time debating it.

Does the team need to improve to become a contender? Yes. Do we need better defensemen? Yes. Is that Erik Brannstrom's problem? No.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not high on Brannstrom, but you have to give the kid a chance. Defensemen take a long, long time to get their game at the NHL level. Especially these days when the league is so damned fast. Give the kid at least two seasons before making big judgements on him.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So Rafi i don't wish to get into another argument with you about statistics but this article references stride length and width versus stride rate

I simply don't know what to tell you...i have an education in statistics and math and ive worked with numbers my entire career

I started playing hockey when i was 4 and i am in my mid 50s. i played competitively growing up and ive been fortunate enough to have a wife that has tolerated me playing 3+ games a week my entire 25 year marriage. Ive probably played 4000+ games of hockey in the past 35 years of my adult life and a lot of that in high end leagues including retired NHL players. Its been my experience that, for whatever reason, taller players lose their ability to skate earlier than shorter guys. Im talking 6 foot 2 versus 5 foot 8 kind of thing. I really can't tell you why that is, it just is. And it consistently is.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
I'm not high on Brannstrom, but you have to give the kid a chance. Defensemen take a long, long time to get their game at the NHL level. Especially these days when the league is so damned fast. Give the kid at least two seasons before making big judgements on him.
We should definitely give him more than 33 games at 20 years old! Some are really out to lunch downplaying his potential so soon.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Come on man, now you are just moving the goal-posts. We went from discussing Brannstrom as a player and the fact he is loaded with potential at such a young age that is still unfair to judge him...to arguing that he will not develop because the team around him sucks? Those two things are literally not intertwined that it becomes pointless to waste time debating it.

Does the team need to improve to become a contender? Yes. Do we need better defensemen? Yes. Is that Erik Brannstrom's problem? No.

Debator,

It is late, I am tired

GCK asked about the team being soft..since it was an extension of the Brannstrom analysis. I explained. Yes and I further offered solutions. I do not run the team. I do not control who plays. And so, as part of the extended analysis, I operated on the premise that Brannstrom is here to stay, so: what is needed to help him flourish?

I continued to highlight, the components that I felt a team needed to flourish in a broder sense, particularly with a championship in mind. It was with the assumption that Brannstrom is on it. Essentially, I assumed two fixed characters; Brannstrom and Chabot and all other players to be open variables.

Brannstrom as things stand, will not succeed. He does not have the overall team talent around him. Nor the overall team toughness to protect him. Nor the one specific body guard necessary to ward off attackers.

I am 5'9". Same as he. When in shape ~ 175 lb, same as he. I played recreational hockey for years..I got my clock cleaned by bigger men. And this was with no contact. What I noticed all these years of playing hockey..wow, does size matter. So now add contact and unless you have a HOF on your hand, good luck. If you want to mitigate it and make it easier for the player to succeed..get muscle around him. Have a Chara like character on the ice, then no one comes close and they are also are so fearful for their own safety, their head becomes on a swivel and the leave the smaller man alone. All that is in the post.
Just to continue, Marchand will be out of hockey 1 year after Chara...Once Chara is gone, the rest of the league is going to look to kill Marchand and Chara will not be there to protect him. Martchand is the luckiest human being alive, Chara is aging beautifully and continues to play late in life. Otherwise Marchand's career would have ended years ago.

the other parts are a brain dump, with historical (ie names associated) with these components.

I don't give a damn who plays..Like I said, I have nothing to do with it. All I have to do is go to bed most nights mourning a loss. If the Sens want to go to bed enjoying a win. 1) Surround Brannstrom and Chabot with muscle or 2) move on from them, certainly from Brannstrom. If they want to have a parade in the next little while...transform the team into the 2018/2019 Boston Bruins or the 2003-2007 Ottawa Senators with Brian Murray as the coach and not the combo of Martin and Murray. It is incredible how much alike these two teams are/were.

Is it clearer now?

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Can not compare Hughes and Brannstrom at the moment, two whole different teams and look at the amount of minutes each has logged. Fairly bad comparison minus their size.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
We should definitely give him more than 33 games at 20 years old! Some are really out to lunch downplaying his potential so soon.

yes, give him 2-3 seasons..but do so, with a tough, big, mean SOB defensive partner around him to protect him. Now he will be like McAvoy in Boston. No one comes close to him for fear of being Ragdolled. If you simply leave the kid as is, in time he will wear down, because they will damn near kill him physically.

tonight's game had him with Jaros...Soft as butter!!!

McAvoy and Krug have flourished in Boston thanks to 6'9" Chara..the man is a beast and a scary one at that...The rest of the Bruins are still somewhat "The big bad bruins" and so protection.....Gretzky had Semenko...

The problem for the Sens.. One tough defense-man: Boro..he is 30, 6 feet tall, 190 lbs, 15 years of junior and pro, so he is starting to wear down.
DJ is smart enough to have him with Chabot..he recognizes that Chabot is the #1 guy needing protection.

If Boro leaves, it will leave the Sens needing two robust, physical ..yet talented defensemen..good luck getting one, now get two.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Can not compare Hughes and Brannstrom at the moment, two whole different teams and look at the amount of minutes each has logged. Fairly bad comparison minus their size.

I did not see this before.

Quinn Hughes plays with Tyler Myers 6' 6" or Chris Tanev 6'2". While Myers is not the most robust, he is not soft. And Tanev is no wallflower.

Brannstrom is on a weaker team, that hurts. Its one tough defensemen Boro is with Chabot, protecting him. Tonight, he was paired with Jaros..Not exactly Chris Pronger in his day!!!! The forwards on the Sens are also not the most physical.

so yes, some latitude must be given. I still do not, as a general rule, believe in smaller players. I am 5'9"..so this is not some blind criticism. This is not soccer and we are not talking Pele.

A defensemen is ask to hit and absorb hits form men who may be 6'4", 6'5" and 220-250 lbs. He has to jostle with them. Push them out of the way. Pin then against the boards. That job had better fall on the shoulder of Brannstrom's partner..on his, he is finished.

remember Karlson and Methot. Karlson ran around and dipsy doodled....Methot did the dirty work.

Reactions: lakai17

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Debator,

It is late, I am tired

GCK asked about the team being soft..since it was an extension of the Brannstrom analysis. I explained. Yes and I further offered solutions. I do not run the team. I do not control who plays. And so, as part of the extended analysis, I operated on the premise that Brannstrom is here to stay, so: what is needed to help him flourish?

I continued to highlight, the components that I felt a team needed to flourish in a broder sense, particularly with a championship in mind. It was with the assumption that Brannstrom is on it. Essentially, I assumed two fixed characters; Brannstrom and Chabot and all other players to be open variables.

Brannstrom as things stand, will not succeed. He does not have the overall team talent around him. Nor the overall team toughness to protect him. Nor the one specific body guard necessary to ward off attackers.

I am 5'9". Same as he. When in shape ~ 175 lb, same as he. I played recreational hockey for years..I got my clock cleaned by bigger men. And this was with no contact. What I noticed all these years of playing hockey..wow, does size matter. So now add contact and unless you have a HOF on your hand, good luck. If you want to mitigate it and make it easier for the player to succeed..get muscle around him. Have a Chara like character on the ice, then no one comes close and they are also are so fearful for their own safety, their head becomes on a swivel and the leave the smaller man alone. All that is in the post.
Just to continue, Marchand will be out of hockey 1 year after Chara...Once Chara is gone, the rest of the league is going to look to kill Marchand and Chara will not be there to protect him. Martchand is the luckiest human being alive, Chara is aging beautifully and continues to play late in life. Otherwise Marchand's career would have ended years ago.

the other parts are a brain dump, with historical (ie names associated) with these components.

I don't give a damn who plays..Like I said, I have nothing to do with it. All I have to do is go to bed most nights mourning a loss. If the Sens want to go to bed enjoying a win. 1) Surround Brannstrom and Chabot with muscle or 2) move on from them, certainly from Brannstrom. If they want to have a parade in the next little while...transform the team into the 2018/2019 Boston Bruins or the 2003-2007 Ottawa Senators with Brian Murray as the coach and not the combo of Martin and Murray. It is incredible how much alike these two teams are/were.

Is it clearer now?

Yup, I respect when a poster takes the time to type out a well thought out post and explaining their view. I agree and disagree with some parts but I completely respect your perspective and it makes sense, however in my opinion, the league has shifted and it is no longer as big of a threat for smaller players as it used to be. It is a game of speed and skill and big "pylon" type defenseman who are slow but strong simply cannot survive anymore.

Unfortunately that does not make it easier for the smaller players who still have to deal with faster and stronger forwards barreling towards them on the forecheck but Senators management knew this when they acquired Brannstrom and they will have to live with the consequences if he cannot survive in the league.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Yup, I respect when a poster takes the time to type out a well thought out post and explaining their view. I agree and disagree with some parts but I completely respect your perspective and it makes sense, however in my opinion, the league has shifted and it is no longer as big of a threat for smaller players as it used to be. It is a game of speed and skill and big "pylon" type defenseman who are slow but strong simply cannot survive anymore.

Unfortunately that does not make it easier for the smaller players who still have to deal with faster and stronger forwards barreling towards them on the forecheck but Senators management knew this when they acquired Brannstrom and they will have to live with the consequences if he cannot survive in the league.

To be somewhat fair to the Sens..its not like the Vegas pool of prospects on Defense was that rich or their prospect pool in general!!! They took the best option available. As has been the case the last 6-7 years now, as elite players are sent out, it is with the Sens dealing from position of weakness and must accept whatever is thrown to them. And to add insult to injury, Stone is at 41 points, heading towards 80..Vegas is in first in their division, and we are left holding the bag. It's okay, I have seen this Play before. Sadly the hero does not get the girl..he dies!!!

I wonder if there is a thread on here about Sen's trades the last 12 years or so.. I can down a fifth of Scotch before I open it.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
I wonder if we ever made a push to acquire cody glass over branstrom, but to be fair branstrom has looked pretty good of late big fan of him on the pp and i really wish theyd give him and chabot a look on the power play i dunno why all teams think 4 fwds is a must on the pp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad