Erie Otters 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I saw that Noah Sedore signed a letter of intent to play for the Otters. Does this mean now, or next year?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
No, I meant Singer. I assumed he would miss some time after his Mom's passing.
Apologies. Yes suprised he didn’t missed too.

I assumed Fowler since he is a slightly bigger loss. Golod being out has been rough too

Only bright spot? Top 4 pick will be nice

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
How did Noah Sedore look? Did anyone attend the season ticket meeting with Jim Waters and Dave Brown before the game? If so, any interesting information? I got the flu and couldn't make the game.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Great clip, thanks for posting. I really feel for him, he seems like a great person and having to deal with that is terrible.

I know a lot of people are frustrated with the way the game is going, and I do think I would like to see a little more physical play and emotion, but I'm glad fights and hits to the head are being dealt with so severely. Hockey is just a game, it's not worth having permanent brain damage.

Reactions: Finster8

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I wonder if he is interested in coaching... seems like a great guy. I remember his 5 minutes of fame on ESPN as a stand-in goalie for the Otters.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I wonder if SSM can make it into Erie for tomorrow's game? If they avoid going through Buffalo they should be alright.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Game against Mississauga postponed, how is the weather in Erie and Southern Ontario? I'm surprised.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Game against Mississauga postponed, how is the weather in Erie and Southern Ontario? I'm surprised.
Regarding SOO's plans, Erie weather is fine too. The obvious cold, but not a blizzard or anything.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Cancellation works to Erie's advantage. Avoids their 3rd, 3 - in -3 weekend for January.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Being that Soo had an emotional game against the Ice Dogs last night, and they are looking at an Erie team near the bottom, it may bode well for the Otters.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
That was a frustrating game to watch. Erie tried as hard as they could, outplaying SSM. They just can't finish. There was no one in front of the goalie during the 5 on 3. They desperately need Golod and Fowler back. Both of those cats set up shop in front of the goalie.

Reactions: ottersguy

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
That was a frustrating game to watch. Erie tried as hard as they could, outplaying SSM. They just can't finish. There was no one in front of the goalie during the 5 on 3. They desperately need Golod and Fowler back. Both of those cats set up shop in front of the goalie.
When a rebuilding young team trades away their best forward and then has the next 2 of their more talented forwards out of the lineup.. they will struggle.
It’s tough because this team is overall a little better than their record. But injuries and goalie play has cost them numerous games throughout the year

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
What are your thoughts on the play of Jacob Golden? Impressed? Disappointed?
I hope he's an asset for you guys.

Nelli -impressed..Been keeping an eye on his play since he got here ..I like the kid - good skater - great hustle and looks fundamentally sound ..
I think we are under utilizing him.. I’ve seen him want to jump in the Zone and contribute .. then he realizes and does a u turn and heads back to the blue line like a scalded dog... looks like he was used to pushing up perhaps in LDN but probably was shuffled back in their lineup due to them being loaded this year .. we traded for him - USE HIM!!set the kid up kind of like a D Raddysh and let’s get more use and points out of him .. God knows we need it ..

Positives from the game were we hung w the Soo for basically 2 periods .. needed a goal that first period and didn’t get it - maybe hit the post a few times..the 3rd goal was garbage and bounced off the boards I think and off Murphy and in the net for 3-1.. then of course coach thought we had Strome - Cerelli and DeBrincat in the lineup and could score 2 goals in 59 seconds and pulled Murphy for a 4-1 final score..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad