Confirmed with Link: Eric Lacroix Leaves Avs Org

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Excellent, some of the safety blankets are being removed. Quinn and Lacroix. Perhaps finally Avs will be forced to actually search for someone who is a god fit instead of taking the guy that is closest by.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wow, this puts that overheard "This could cost people their jobs" comment to the refs after they screwed the Avs earlier in the season, into a brand new perspective. :laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Benedict Arnold

Not at all....He got up and walked out of a movie that quite frankly sucked. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't cut my losses and walk out as well. We don't have any obligation to stick around and get kicked in the balls season after season as a fan. You are free to go and enjoy watching a team that is trying to win at any time. The Blue Jackets are quickly becoming my second favorite team and well...we'll see how this whole organizational shuffle shakes out. Two moves today, although we'll have to see the replacements before even beginning to judge if they were good or not.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This is all very interesting. Something else has to happen here, you think. There has to be a back story and I don't buy the "Eric is taking the fall for his dad" BS.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
This is all very interesting. Something else has to happen here, you think. There has to be a back story and I don't buy the "Eric is taking the fall for his dad" BS.

My guess is that he wasn't going to be given a larger role and has decided to look for another opportunity.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
My guess is that he wasn't going to be given a larger role and has decided to look for another opportunity.

Who else would give him an opportunity or a larger role than the one he had with the Avs? He was VP of hockey operations while having very little experience.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Thought Sherman was going to be fired too, and when he wasn't decided to go look elsewhere. That would be my guess. Or maybe he didn't see eye to eye with Sherman and no longer wanted to work with him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Perhaps even having the feeling he would get fired and instead chose to step down before it happened.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
this day just keeps getting better .... just catching up on the Succo news and got to this

I wouldn't be shocked it this point if I read we won the cup without making the playoffs

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
His papa was the president of this entire nepotistic organization, where else could he possibly get a larger role?

Well, if they're bringing in Roy along with an eye towards grooming Sakic, the Lacroix days are numbered. Pierre might be the big fish, but he doesn't call all the shots. It's even possible that his own front office pushed back, assuming he wanted to go another direction. Which is doubtful, knowing the Roy/Lacroix connection. Either way, Eric would find his ladder was missing a few rungs.

Which is all speculation based on nothing, obviously. But I'm going to pretend it's true.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Perhaps even having the feeling he would get fired and instead chose to step down before it happened.
Maybe he left to protect his Father from either having to fire him or from being crushed by the nepotism stuff if he got promoted.

Remember, back in the day he did ask to be traded away because he was a distraction in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad