Confirmed with Link: Eric Lacroix Leaves Avs Org

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Who else would give him an opportunity or a larger role than the one he had with the Avs? He was VP of hockey operations while having very little experience.

His papa was the president of this entire nepotistic organization, where else could he possibly get a larger role?

Perhaps even having the feeling he would get fired and instead chose to step down before it happened.

This is the same guy that requested to be traded because he didn't want to play for his dad's team. Maybe he wants to pay his dues with another franchise so it looks more legitimate than climbing the ladder of his dads team.

Another possible scenario is that Sherman was the numbers guy, and Eric was the hockey guy. He made all the hockey related decisions and is being held accountable for those decisions. Hence him being so angry earlier in the year about that loss, yelling at the refs.

Serenity19

Keep Flying
Feb 1, 2006
Orlando, FL
This is the same guy that requested to be traded because he didn't want to play for his dad's team.

I'm happy that EL is gone as well, but this is somewhat of a misrepresentation of what happened when he was traded. Kiszla wrote a column for the Denver Post that some of the Avs players were unhappy that they couldn't freely speak their mind in the locker room because they were afraid Eric would tell his dad. The story became somewhat of a big deal at the time, and Eric was traded to LA immediately afterward. Supposedly he requested the trade to keep the locker room from fracturing. It was rumored that the key unnamed player in that piece was Keith Jones, who was traded a couple of weeks later for Shjon Podein.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm happy that EL is gone as well, but this is somewhat of a misrepresentation of what happened when he was traded. Kiszla wrote a column for the Denver Post that some of the Avs players were unhappy that they couldn't freely speak their mind in the locker room because they were afraid Eric would tell his dad. The story became somewhat of a big deal at the time, and Eric was traded to LA immediately afterward. Supposedly he requested the trade to keep the locker room from fracturing. It was rumored that the key unnamed player in that piece was Keith Jones, who was traded a couple of weeks later for Shjon Podein.

Loved that trade!

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
This is the same guy that requested to be traded because he didn't want to play for his dad's team. Maybe he wants to pay his dues with another franchise so it looks more legitimate than climbing the ladder of his dads team.

Another possible scenario is that Sherman was the numbers guy, and Eric was the hockey guy. He made all the hockey related decisions and is being held accountable for those decisions. Hence him being so angry earlier in the year about that loss, yelling at the refs.

When did he yell at the refs?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Given the limited amount of dining options on the Pepsi Center Concourse, it was only a matter of time before Eric left.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Given the limited amount of dining options on the Pepsi Center Concourse, it was only a matter of time before Eric left.

LOL.

I'm actually very happy this has happened. The 'closed door' nepotism culture of the organization simply has to change, so I view this as a very good sign, regardless of Eric Lacroix's pedigree or ability.

Total conjecture coming here on my part - but is it really possible that this decision was made above PL? I can't imagine PL s**tcanning his own son, after propping him up the chain for a few years now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
LOL.

I'm actually very happy this has happened. The 'closed door' nepotism culture of the organization simply has to change, so I view this as a very good sign, regardless of Eric Lacroix's pedigree or ability.

Total conjecture coming here on my part - but is it really possible that this decision was made above PL? I can't imagine PL s**tcanning his own son, after propping him up the chain for a few years now.

That was my first thought.... my second one was maybe he was the main person responsible for ROR contract holdup, and the Kroenkes were pissed that he cost them so much extra money. No idea if that was actually true, but with the way that situation was handled it makes sense some heads would roll.

Huis Clos*

LOL.

In one of Dater's latest blogs he claims he has heard rumors Lacroix could be on his way out. Considering that is Dater's speculation take it with a grain of salt.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In one of Dater's latest blogs he claims he has heard rumors Lacroix could be on his way out. Considering that is Dater's speculation take it with a grain of salt.

Dater's hindsight is totally flawless :laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Pretty sure Eric left because he was told he wouldn't be GM and Sakic would eventually get that role after Sherman. Makes the most sense anyways.

Huis Clos*

Pretty sure Eric left because he was told he wouldn't be GM and Sakic would eventually get that role after Sherman. Makes the most sense anyways.

I'm happy Eric Lacroix is gone, but Sakic is in no way qualified to be GM.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

It didn't stop them before.

Anyway, what a great day, Sacco fired, EL leaves the organization and my hometown team MedveÅ¡čak Zagreb just officialy entered the KHL. :yo:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

It's called mentorship. Sakic is being taught by Sherman and Billington how to be a GM. Eric was no longer next in line as Pierre saw Joe as our next GM. Whether that is going to happen or not is irrelevant to the fact that Eric left the organization.

I'd like to think Sakic can handle the job in the future. There's nothing to suggest he couldn't, afterall.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Is there a chance Sherman gets fired too?

If cleaning house, clean it all the way.

Huis Clos*

I'd like to think Sakic can handle the job in the future. There's nothing to suggest he couldn't, afterall.

Nothing other than the fact he has zero experience and the executives he's mentoring under can't put a playoff team together.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Nothing other than the fact he has zero experience and the executives he's mentoring under can't put a playoff team together.

Well... how do you expect anyone to get experience being a GM their first time? Everyone starts somewhere.

I'm not saying tomorrow he will be our GM, I just suspect he's the next in line for 4-5 years from now after he's been involved long enough. Sherman will stay on for awhile still.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Sakic's hockey smarts as a GM. Since he was added to the "Avs Think Tank" as Executive Advisor the avs have acquired the likes of Hejda, Giguere, Varlamov, Downie, McGinn, Sgarbossa, Mitchell, Parenteau and Vincour.

Not a bad list of players at all. I don't know exactly how much input Joe had, but he knows how a winning team should look.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
if we're gonna make someone GM i'd rather it be Roy than Sakic.
i love Joe but Patrick has experience running and coaching a team.
Sakic would be completely green and that could be trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad