Confirmed with Link: Eric Lacroix Leaves Avs Org

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
He said that he knows a few people in the Avs organization and told me that Pierre wants Patrick Roy as coach and GM. I cannot see Roy as both, but I could see Roy as coach and assistant GM.

Wow well he might be right I can see it happening even more-so now

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
He said that he knows a few people in the Avs organization and told me that Pierre wants Patrick Roy as coach and GM. I cannot see Roy as both, but I could see Roy as coach and assistant GM.

When I think about it, I'd be thrilled to have Patty Roy behind the bench. Team needs some passion and he was very successful coaching juniors. With the right support staff, he could also spend some extra time with Varly.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Who is evaluating PL? The guy has no one to answer to. It's still possible he fires or re-titles Sherman, but I don't think either will be out of the organization.

Who really believes Sherman made any major moves without the entire management team weighing in?

Sherman as GM, and Roy as coach and assistant GM makes perfect sense actually.

If Roy wants some control over player/personnel decisions it makes a lot of sense. He'll be able to have more direct control over his lineup, and input on trades/contracts and whatnot, but wouldn't be able to do anything to crazy by himself.

I like it... Roy's passion for winning is exactly what the team needs.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Id be thrilled to have Roy as head coach cause i feel like players will be really scared and intimidated by him given his reputation and attitude. This way we'll see at team that will come out and play the full 60 minutes every night.

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007

A few people around here have said the same thing, I can certainly see it happening. Roy gets the title and final say on moves while Sherman gets "demoted" and handles the day to day stuff, essentially maintaining his current duties.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Id be thrilled to have Roy as head coach cause i feel like players will be really scared and intimidated by him given his reputation and attitude. This way we'll see at team that will come out and play the full 60 minutes every night.

There will be some fear there, but it's not as if he isn't loved by the younger players hes developed as well. I think he could be the right mix of a hard but fair coach.

Hes also handled guys like Grigorenko, and Radulov well.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I dunno man....E Lacroix leaving and Pierre staying could just be Pierre putting the blame on Eric to keep his job.

Sakic's proven nothing so far and I would rather be in a position to have someone who knows what they are doing so we don't screw it up.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
does PL fire these higher-up guys? Or is Kroenke the one?

At least it _should_ (which means nothing in Avs organization) be so that owner does absolutely nothing else than sets the budget and names the person to run everything down from there. In other words, Kroenke says that the budget is 60 million and Pierre Lacroix is the one who gets to makes as much results with it as possible.

I just made up that 60 million number for an example and results can mean both financial and on-ice results.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That they've stuck with Sacco for so long has made me wonder if they've had Roy in their sights for some time. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I can see why they gave Sacco some cost certainty with a 2 year deal and another shot considering how long hes been with the organization and how close the team came last year.

Obviously this team wasn't in it from the outset of the year.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I can see why they gave Sacco some cost certainty with a 2 year deal and another shot considering how long hes been with the organization and how close the team came last year.

Obviously this team wasn't in it from the outset of the year.

I think our chances ended with Landeskog's concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad