Confirmed with Link: Eric Lacroix Leaves Avs Org

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So I was listening to a hockey radio show on the internet (Oilers Now or something or other) when they had a special guest on to talk about the Avalanche firing Joe Sacco.

I couldn't make out who the guest was but essentially when talking about Eric Lacroix resigning, he mentioned that EL was 'extremely good friends' with Joe Sacco.

That would explain quite a bit.

- The puzzling 2 year contract extension
- The inordinate amount of time it took to finally fire him
- EL's resignation

Jeez, if Eric Lacroix really feels like Sacco did a 'good job' while coaching this team and was fired unjustly, I think we really dodged a bullet when he quit the team.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So I was listening to a hockey radio show on the internet (Oilers Now or something or other) when they had a special guest on to talk about the Avalanche firing Joe Sacco.

I couldn't make out who the guest was but essentially when talking about Eric Lacroix resigning, he mentioned that EL was 'extremely good friends' with Joe Sacco.

- EL's resignation

Jeez, if Eric Lacroix really feels like Sacco did a 'good job' while coaching this team and was fired unjustly, I think we really dodged a bullet when he quit the team.

i would say no one could be that stupid but we did give him a two year extension so anything is possible.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
i would say no one could be that stupid but we did give him a two year extension so anything is possible.

Can't you picture it though? Eric adamantly telling his dad that Sacco is a good coach and will turn things around.

Seems like BOTH TIMES we hired some really bad coaches, somehow Eric Lacroix had some effect on that decision.

If he can't comprehend that it's more important for the organization to have someone competent leading it's group as head coach more than one of his friends, it's a very, very good thing he's gone.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can't you picture it though? Eric adamantly telling his dad that Sacco is a good coach and will turn things around.

Seems like BOTH TIMES we hired some really bad coaches, somehow Eric Lacroix had some effect on that decision.

If he can't comprehend that it's more important for the organization to have someone competent leading it's group as head coach more than one of his friends, it's a very, very good thing he's gone.

It's a good thing he's gone but if what you say is true, what does it say about the guy who listened to Eric both times? Pierre is the biggest problem with this organization and nothing will change until he's gone.

The Kroenkes have given full control of their team to a guy who doesn't even live in Denver or attend Avs games. Pierre is stuck in the past and the game has passed him by. Based on the amount of money Stan has made, it's safe to say he's a pretty smart guy. Make the change now.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
It's a good thing he's gone but if what you say is true, what does it say about the guy who listened to Eric both times? Pierre is the biggest problem with this organization and nothing will change until he's gone.

Completely untrue. Nothing will change until he's gone? How about the HC being fired and his son leaving? Not change?

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010

- EL's resignation

I had no clue until now but the two of them played together back in 1992-1993 with the St. John Maple Leafs. Could explain how they're such close friends now.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

ugh, sadly i can. that however says a ton about Pierre too as he has final say.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Completely untrue. Nothing will change until he's gone? How about the HC being fired and his son leaving? Not change?

Going from Francois Giguere to Greg Sherman and Tony Granato to Joe Sacco was a change too but the end result has been the same. No, nothing will change as long as Lacroix is running the show.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
I had no clue until now but the two of them played together back in 1992-1993 with the St. John Maple Leafs. Could explain how they're such close friends now.

This is why being friends with someone in the organization can be a recipe for disaster. I wish this franchise put merit over all else.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
One Lacroix gone now time for fat head daddy to go too. I agree with Avs_19. This crap isnt over until Pierre Lacroix is gone.
Do you have to always call him fat. You can get your point across without that kind of language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

- EL's resignation

Wow, I had no idea about these things either. So EL is responsible for both Sacco and Granato. That's seven years worth of crap behind the bench.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Didnt the guys also have an issue with Eric in the locker room when he played here or am I imagining this?

I think there was. Something about what was said in the locker-room got passed along to PL. I also vaguely recall hearing Hejduk got pinned with it by the coach at one point. Not sure how true any of that is though.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
I think I remember Dater saying it was Hejduk in Blood Feud. But then Jones got traded for Podein (thank god) and I think he took the role of scapegoat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad