GWT: EPL Week 34

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is just so wrong. not fair and unjust... Man Utd getting 3 points vs West Ham is ******* disgusting
and disgrace to King Football.

One thing is for sure, those jokes will never referee a top flight match ever again.
Ha you’re funny. These refs have been fine. West Ham was unlucky and didn’t convert their chances. Yes there was the goal called off but I don’t think you can fault the ref on that so much as the PL’s old boys club refusing VAR.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ha you’re funny. These refs have been fine. West Ham was unlucky and didn’t convert their chances. Yes there was the goal called off but I don’t think you can fault the ref on that so much as the PL’s old boys club refusing VAR.
You can definitely fault the linesman. He wasn't unsighted, he just got it wrong.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Anyway in regards to OGS appointment, no I don't have any issues so far.

I expected some letdown in form, and they're dealing with having to rotate a squad that's already pretty thin at certain positions.

He also earned a ton of benefit of the doubt by even getting them into a position where top 4 was a remote possibility.

Pretty much this. Injuries and suspension taking a toll. With a healthier squad, e.g. Young wouldn't be playing so much and probably would be playing better then.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He was sighted in the sense that it was the player on the far side keeping him on and it was just his trailing foot. It's a near impossible call to definitively get right and they're basically guessing.
If a linesman can't make this call, the entire profession should just be gotten rid off completely, far-side or no. He's looking right at them.

Scott.png

To your point about guessing, I don't necessarily disagree. At the risk of going full Savant, if that was United scoring that goal at Old Trafford, there isn't a chance in hell it's called back.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

So you say that the penalty (1st) was an actual penalty??? .... now that's funny.

You did notice that, that Mata accidentally kicked himself and fell, like millions and millions who watched the match saw.
There were at least 2 meters separating West Ham player and Mata from each other, when the "foul" took place....
the best/worst part was, the ******* ref was so ******* close, how the **** he didn't see the situation correctly.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He was sighted in the sense that it was the player on the far side keeping him on and it was just his trailing foot. It's a near impossible call to definitively get right and they're basically guessing.

This type of situation is why I prefer they'd add one more linesman for each side.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I mean, it's easy to say that when it's a freeze frame.

You can clearly see #20's weight shifted , so he was within a 1/10th of a second from pulling Anderson off.

Get VAR so this is fixed , and so you can have different kinds of controversy , like the conspiracy types in Italy where Refs don't listen to the VAR crew. They're much more fun.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So you say that the penalty (1st) was an actual penalty??? .... now that's funny.

You did notice that, that Mata accidentally kicked himself and fell, like millions and millions who watched the match saw.
There were at least 2 meters separating West Ham player and Mata from each other, when the "foul" took place....
the best/worst part was, the ******* ref was so ******* close, how the **** he didn't see the situation correctly.
Yes I think when you take someone down in the box it's a penalty. You're just seeing what you want to see. He clearly basically hip checked him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If a linesman can't make this call, the entire profession should just be gotten rid off completely, far-side or no. He's looking right at them.

To your point about guessing, I don't necessarily disagree. At the risk of going full Savant, if that was United scoring that goal at Old Trafford, there isn't a chance in hell it's called back.
Full Savant what now?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
lol , this place kills me.

Tomorrow should be a good match . Looking forward to it. Don't feel it'll be a cake-walk for Liverpool , but we'll see.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes I think when you take someone down in the box it's a penalty. You're just seeing what you want to see. He clearly basically hip checked him.

Either way, it was a very clumsy tackle and he deserved to get penalized. It was Mata, he should have just taken the shot away maybe by sliding in front of him, force him to switch to his right foot. Hardly ever scores with it, at least from that distance.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea but then you have the awkward situation where the guy closest to the play leaves his flag down but the guy further away raises it.

VAR is a better answer than two linesmen.

Well I'd split areas of responsibility to prevent conflicts. I think it would prevent the need for VAR usage in some situations.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I just realised that f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: at Sportsnet are going to play the game Liverpool vs Chelsea on f***ing Sportsnet World? instead they will play f***ing curling and repeat of Blue Jays talk show on their main feeds.

That just show you how much they respect soccer fans in Canada. I cannot wait for Dazn.

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well I mean, anyone can be an unhappy paying customer to a service that doesn't provide nearly what you're looking for (obviously) and tries to gouge at every opportunity. Though I doubt it's a topic up for discussion really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad