GWT: EPL Week 34

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lol...Watford dominating and then Foster takes a terrible touch and allows Auba to close down the attempted hoof and it's a goal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Welp, there's the game for Watford. Straight red? Would love to see the replay.

No way that's a red for me. He's just running by Torreira simulation to the max. Woof.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ref has been a joke overall so far. Xhaka got barely brushed on and flopped like he was shot and he gave away an FK and then to give that red? Shouldn't be officiating beer leagues with that.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We’re winning away, we’re winning awaaaay, how shit must you be, we’re winning away

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That was an awful call I'll admit, but this is what happens when you publicly brag about fouling defenders.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If it's anyone but a keeper it's an obvious penalty.
It's kind of weird for me because Gray is just standing his ground and Leno pushes with full arm extension. Even if Gray went down maybe a bit easy you can't (or you're not supposed to be allowed to) do that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, but as a keeper you're also taught to do that. It is what it is. Happens every game and is never called.
That kind of push certainly does not happen every game. They let everything go in the box on set pieces usually though so eh. It was certainly a more obvious foul than the Deeney sending off.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah, but as a keeper you're also taught to do that. It is what it is. Happens every game and is never called.

Yea, that's just the way it is with keepers.

That one was a little more than normal since he wasn't going for the ball, he was just shoving him out of the way, but I don't think it was enough. Although if the Deeney challenge is the standard for red, and if the "push" on Xhaka in like the 2nd minute is a foul, that should 100% be a penalty.

Official has just been really, really poor today.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That kind of push certainly does not happen every game. They let everything go in the box on set pieces usually though so eh. It was certainly a more obvious foul than the Deeney sending off.
True, not everyone puts a person in front of the keeper. But if they do, that type of push happens. I promise you. Usually the person doesn't fall down, but that was a bit of a dive

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leno has made a couple really strong saves today.

Arsenal look 2nd best even playing 11 v 10. How do they go from dominating Napoli to playing like this? What a bizarre team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad