GWT: EPL Week 34

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yea, that's just the way it is with keepers.

That one was a little more than normal since he wasn't going for the ball, he was just shoving him out of the way, but I don't think it was enough. Although if the Deeney challenge is the standard for red, and if the "push" on Xhaka in like the 2nd minute is a foul, that should 100% be a penalty.

Official has just been really, really poor today.
You push when the ball is kicked to clear your way to go out if you decide to. You push as a matter of course. Even if you're not coming out, you want to be unobstructed in terms of vision and lateral movement.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Leno has made a couple really strong saves today.

Arsenal look 2nd best even playing 11 v 10. How do they go from dominating Napoli to playing like this? What a bizarre team.
We are Liverpool at home and Everton away

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
They left The Emirates. I don't know why it's such a big impact, but it is.

This. The last thing I want to do is complain about being so good at home - it's certainly something every good team should be able to lay claim to, especially since the Emirates is often dissed for not creating the best atmosphere - but the contrast should really not be so stark...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you dive with your head like that I can't see how that'd be a high boot call.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As I said I can't be watching, but up a man, without a second goal this has got to be a pretty poor, nerve-wracking showing I imagine?

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
That was a dreadful finish by Arsenal. The result hurts my prediction of Arsenal only finishing on 73 points, but the performance would indicate that 73 might even be generous. If they play like that at Wolves and Leicester they'll be lucky to grab a point.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
After going up a goal and a man after 10 minutes I wasn't expecting the notification for the final score was going to remain 1-0 when it popped up but I guess 3 points away from home is all that matters at this point.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That was a dreadful finish by Arsenal. The result hurts my prediction of Arsenal only finishing on 73 points, but the performance would indicate that 73 might even be generous. If they play like that at Wolves and Leicester they'll be lucky to grab a point.
Utd were just as bad vs. Watford at home. Very few comments on that b/c Ole's at the wheel.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Happy with 3 but abysmal performance

The only teams that played very well at Watford this year were Bournemouth and Liverpool.

If not for Watford being down to ten it would be a normal performance, but I don't understand how poorly it went with an extra man.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The only teams that played very well at Watford this year were Bournemouth and Liverpool.

If not for Watford being down to ten it would be a normal performance, but I don't understand how poorly it went with an extra man.
Yeah exactly. 11-v-11 I’d be fine with what happened. But not 11-v-10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad